Beer and Alcohol prices up up up

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also i come across a bar resturant offering BIG bottles tiger beer in hanoi 10,000 dong = around 50c of a dollor and in saigon drink saigon green beer half big bottle 10,000 dong, cambodia most drinks are less than 50c, wake up lads and drink up in thailand, dont understand why most people trying compares beer prices V europe and uk which is thousands miles away from thailand. w00t.gifwai2.gif

I refuse to go to a place where it is required you purchase your beer with dung.

• Like 1

Also i come across a bar resturant offering BIG bottles tiger beer in hanoi 10,000 dong = around 50c of a dollor and in saigon drink saigon green beer half big bottle 10,000 dong, cambodia most drinks are less than 50c, wake up lads and drink up in thailand, dont understand why most people trying compares beer prices V europe and uk which is thousands miles away from thailand. w00t.gifwai2.gif

I refuse to go to a place where it is required you purchase your beer with dung.

Whatever currency you have, I'd say, as long as the beer is good.

If anyone wants a cheap beer then go to 7/11!

Just went to my local 7/11 in Bangkok.. up to last weekend i was paying 92 baht for 2 bottles of Leo.. Today i went and those same to bottles are 108 baht..

That's an 8 baht per bottle increase.. that's almost 20%.. that's a big increase..

Just went to my local 7/11 in Bangkok.. up to last weekend i was paying 92 baht for 2 bottles of Leo.. Today i went and those same to bottles are 108 baht..

That's an 8 baht per bottle increase.. that's almost 20%.. that's a big increase..

Exactly it´s only 17,4 % for 2 bottles,

so for 1 Bottle only 8,7%.......

not soo much.....coffee1.gif

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

thats £1.06 a bottle ! , you can buy 500 ML cans / bottles in the off licence in the UK for under £1 or Tesco do 24 cans for £15 440ml ( all beer brands ) so that works out 31 THB for a Large Can of Beer

So Beer is starting to become cheaper in the UK then Thailand !!!

Exactly it´s only 17,4 % for 2 bottles,

so for 1 Bottle only 8,7%.......

not soo much.....coffee1.gif

cheesy.gif

So if I buy 2000 bottles the increase will only be 0,0087% per bottle.

That's only 0,7 satang per bottle. :)

• Like 2

We r here in the CZ Republic. Just had a fantastic locally brewed draft beer at a nice hotel bar for 45 baht. 500 ml. Wife had a nice glass of wine for 60 baht. We r now drinking a bottle of very nice wine we got at the store for 120 baht. I'm loving it here and dreading the return home. Ok, other than the fact it's COLD here!!!

Sent from my traveling tab.

• Like 1

We were talking about beer, you are talking about Leo...

Luckily there is an easy option to move to the low tax countries to the immediate east and west of Thailand if beer prices are your #1 priority. And I'm not even being facetious. Cambodian bars charge about 50c for a pint and it's a pretty good option if you want to spend your retirement getting hammered every day.

Are you serious? Move to Cambodia because prices of beer go up?

Not just beer prices. Like some have stated in this thread already, Thailand is getting more expensive every year. Some people are being priced out. I suggested Cambodia as a decent option for those people.

Absolutely. Everybody who chooses their home country by the price of beer, please leave. Nobody will miss you.

<waiting>

Ops? What you are all still doing here?

I was in Benidorm 3 weeks ago.. a Bottle of Budweiser was only 2 euros...local beer estrella dorado was 1.5 euro a pint.....thats a tourist destination and not a backwater... think about that !

in belgium a draft beer is between 1.8 to 2.2 euro in a bar, thailand is way too expensive nowadays.

You are totally right. The future of Thailand as a tourist destination is now doomed.

Luckily there is an easy option to move to the low tax countries to the immediate east and west of Thailand if beer prices are your #1 priority. And I'm not even being facetious. Cambodian bars charge about 50c for a pint and it's a pretty good option if you want to spend your retirement getting hammered every day.

Not just beer prices. Like some have stated in this thread already, Thailand is getting more expensive every year. Some people are being priced out. I suggested Cambodia as a decent option for those people.

Absolutely. Everybody who chooses their home country by the price of beer, please leave. Nobody will miss you.

<waiting>

Everybody who thinks they have the right to tell others where and how to live, please leave. Or just shut it.

<waiting>

Everybody who thinks they have the right to tell others where and how to live, please leave. Or just shut it.

Totally! Finally we agree. Do send a postcard from Cambodia, will you?

The new price of beer is up about 18% per single bottle no doubt about it. However putting it on the world stage it is still under $2 USD for a big bottle of LEO. This year I travelled to Australia and Singapore. Bottle shop in Australia $6 AUD or 180 baht and Singapore $7 to $8 (SGD) or 175 to 200 baht for the same thing. Thailand, even with the new prices is still far cheaper than most farang countries, it really isn't the end of the world.

I don't know as I was in Koh Samui a week ago. I am talking about 7/11's and Family Marts. All beers were the same price as Pattaya (where I live and I am back there).

Before it was 46 baht for a single big bottle of LEO. Now the new single price is 54 to 55 baht a big bottle. It is an 18% increase. I buy the 3 pack of big LEO's, before it was 140 baht and now it is 161, that is an increase of 15%. What actually astounded me was that the 7/11 prices were all the same as Pattaya (no extra for the transportation). Still, under $2 USD for a big bottle, cheap.

<waiting>

Totally! Finally we agree. Do send a postcard from Cambodia, will you?

Get a room you two blink.png

I don't know as I was in Koh Samui a week ago. I am talking about 7/11's and Family Marts. All beers were the same price as Pattaya (where I live and I am back there).

Before it was 46 baht for a single big bottle of LEO. Now the new single price is 54 to 55 baht a big bottle. It is an 18% increase. I buy the 3 pack of big LEO's, before it was 140 baht and now it is 161, that is an increase of 15%. What actually astounded me was that the 7/11 prices were all the same as Pattaya (no extra for the transportation). Still, under $2 USD for a big bottle, cheap.

for the last 20 years the price of beer in bars and restaurants went up at a much slower rate than food.

20 years ago, a beer was half the total of the bill (for 1 person). Get 2 and the bill rocketed.

It was somthing like 40thb for food and 60 for beer.

No more food at 40, but still some restaurant with beer at 60.(not for long though)

Yet another nail in Thailands cheep travel coffin.

ROFL When was the last time you had a beer in Europe?

Sent from my I-405 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What are your wages in Europe?

When I travel to Europe, my wage (or salary, rather) doesn't change; it remains the same, regardless of whether I'm here in Thailand or anywhere else. I don't get a per diem depending on the country's cost of living either.

Starcandle was referring to the traveller to Thailand, which certainly includes Europeans and admittedly other nationalities. I have to admit that I don't know the price of beer in Russia, but I would hardly think that an increase of THB 10/bottle would make any dent in the tourist arrivals whatsoever.

"Honey, the price of beer in Thailand has gone up by € 0.25/bottle, let's go to Cuba instead!" - I don't think so.

Ooh Cuba! One should go to Cuba regardless!

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app