Best pizza in Rawai/Naiharn area

niceandfriendly

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there's Modena Pizza on Sai Yuan on the way out toward Viset a few KM past the Soi that goes to Rawai Muay Thai and there is also another one on Sai Yuan near the Sauna Bar, not far from M&M's called Portofino. Funny though, I like the pizza from the Thai lady who drives around with a gas oven on the back of her three wheeler. She just came back this week after about 6 months off. She does a loop around Sai Yuan and the beach road.

Not in Rawai but on the edge, I have recently discovered that the pizza from Anchor Inn is really quite good. On Chalong pier road next to Sea Bees. Pizza 2000 is good too. They make a garlic bread that is more like an Indian naan style that is to die for. It's on the other road which gets you to the pier. Also one in Karon on Patak.

I like Companinas Pizza over in Kata is better than anything around here so far, but it's a drive, and the waiters have an attitude it seems if you just go in for a pie. The OP should check out the pinned restaurant thread at the top of this forum. Many other places around here are mentioned as having good pizza, although not Rawai specific as you asked in your OP. Happy hunting.

Edited by Jimi007

Forget about best pizza in Thailand, the only country where you can eat best pizza is Italy. They try to copy this in the whole world, but most restaurants are unable even to make an average pizza. I Thailand they even don't know what a real pizza is. Expensive, bad taste, wasted money only.

Forget about best pizza in Thailand, the only country where you can eat best pizza is Italy. They try to copy this in the whole world, but most restaurants are unable even to make an average pizza. I Thailand they even don't know what a real pizza is. Expensive, bad taste, wasted money only.

post-123755-0-48322800-1379285133_thumb.

Of course you're right.

An Italian chef who had pizza restaurants in Modena in Italy and now has an Italian restaurant here, complete with purpose built pizza oven would have no idea how to make a decent pizza! facepalm.gif

If you're going to try trolling, at least make an intelligent effort. jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

I've tried most of the pizza places in Rawai and IMO Modena has the best.

• Like 1

Not in Rawai but on the edge, I have recently discovered that the pizza from Anchor Inn is really quite good. On Chalong pier road next to Sea Bees. Pizza 2000 is good too. They make a garlic bread that is more like an Indian naan style that is to die for. It's on the other road which gets you to the pier. Also one in Karon on Patak.

If you are going for Pizza in Chalong, you should also try the Pizza at Agli Amici, next to Pizza 2000, which is quite good!

• Like 1

I prefer American style pizza to Italian style.
Much heartier (maybe one of the reasons why Americans anymore tend to be fat), and they don't skimp on the toppings.
I've tried most of them in and around Chalong/Rawai/Nai Harn and for me, it's Pizza 2000 is the closest to New York style or Chicago style pizza.
I guess it depends on what kind of pizza you are after.

As a Pizza lover living in Rawai I've made it a personal mission to find the best Pizza on the island.

There is a small restaurant called 'Ellis' at the beginning of the Viset end of Sai Yuan 1 (before Rawai Muay Thai) run by an Italian couple. Try their frutti di mare pizza if you want to take advantage of local ingredients. They open from around 4pm most day. Enjoy!

• Like 1

As a Pizza lover living in Rawai I've made it a personal mission to find the best Pizza on the island.

There is a small restaurant called 'Ellis' at the beginning of the Viset end of Sai Yuan 1 (before Rawai Muay Thai) run by an Italian couple. Try their frutti di mare pizza if you want to take advantage of local ingredients. They open from around 4pm most day. Enjoy!

Before they moved to their present location people here on TV were raving about them.

Tried them 3 times since, since they're close to me, but was not 1 time impressed. So Modena it is for me for take aways, further away but IMO much better.

• Like 1

and so convenient to pop over to Italy. i go to Rome twice a week on my private jet just for the pizza.

seriously through, Da Vinci's makes great pizza (better than anything i ever ate in Italy by the way) but expensive. the salmon pizza at M&M's is awesome IMHO. flint one does a great cheap everyday pizza. Rossovivo in fisherman way is pretty good.

Edited by stevehaigh
  • Like 1

In the interests of researching this topic I revisited Trattoria Eliis this evening. I am delighted to confirm that any reports of a drop in quality are greatly exaggerated.

The Italian couple are still in the kitchen and knocking up Pizzas that put the local competition to shame.post-166803-13797713813782_thumb.jpg

I prefer American style pizza to Italian style.

Much heartier (maybe one of the reasons why Americans anymore tend to be fat), and they don't skimp on the toppings.

I've tried most of them in and around Chalong/Rawai/Nai Harn and for me, it's Pizza 2000 is the closest to New York style or Chicago style pizza.

I guess it depends on what kind of pizza you are after.

So that's the reason you've been piling on the weight lately Fiddlehead? NOT!

Not many Americans (or any other nationality) have the fitness regime that you have.There's more meat on a butcher's pencil!

I'll stick to the Modena style pizzas, that's what keeps me looking slender! licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

In the interests of researching this topic I revisited Trattoria Eliis this evening. I am delighted to confirm that any reports of a drop in quality are greatly exaggerated.<snip>

That can only mean that the quality in the previous location was greatly exaggerated.

In the interests of researching this topic I revisited Trattoria Eliis this evening. I am delighted to confirm that any reports of a drop in quality are greatly exaggerated.

That can only mean that the quality in the previous location was greatly exaggerated.

Or it could simply mean that members have different preferences. One man's fully loaded with Pineapple and a hot dog in the crust is another man's Margarita. I'm a man on the Margarita side.

• 2 months later...

1* odeon

2* modena

3* ellis

Hasn't Odeon only been open for about 5 days? I drive by this place every night and it's empty - but I will try it ...

Modena has good pizza, M&M's has better pizza, and the pizza at Ellis is just ok.