Older Guys, Younger Ladies, An Alternative View......"Maybe You Die"

theblether

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oldman, If u r talking about my post I never said that all younger women are sleeping around, I said : in my experience , maybe you are one of the lucky ones,besides that according to what you said ur wife must be in the 40ies so she's old, u hav nothing to worry about and don't get so sentimental. I do hav slept with some barlgirls(always free of charge) must of them married to farrang, japanese and thais, so what? I just wonder where you met ur lovely wife that apparently doesn't do anything but atking care of you xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Of Course all those Bar girls who are married to falangs sleep with you for free ,cause your a 'Hansom man' and hung like a donkey , we all believe you dont we boys ,

ps are you in the special forces? ,xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Actually yes, I was in the expecial forces back in my country six years ago smile.png

Crikey! i'm really impressed, the expecial forces are so secret they are not even in the dictionary!

Haha, my bad I should wrote: special troops :)

I have to agree with the following part of OP's thread:

''I would suggest to you that a lot of the marriage carnage now taking place in the West is a result of two immature people taking up with each other and discovering too late that they were never compatible.''

My sister in her 20's was married a few yrs ago and we all said how young she seems to be doing it. Time will tell if that one lasts

Im now in early 40's and only now think that Im financially and emotionally stable enough to settle down.

I've read many psychology studies that the ideal age for a mans wife is best decided by the following formulae: half a mans age and add 7 yrs.....

Interesting, Id say too that until I was about 40 I was in no position mentally or financially to get married, now 49 and Wife 37.

Of Course all those Bar girls who are married to falangs sleep with you for free ,cause your a 'Hansom man' and hung like a donkey , we all believe you dont we boys ,

ps are you in the special forces? ,xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

Actually yes, I was in the expecial forces back in my country six years ago smile.png

Crikey! i'm really impressed, the expecial forces are so secret they are not even in the dictionary!

Haha, my bad I should wrote: special troops smile.png

We all know what the special troops do hey...

well done theblether for stirring things up again :)

I remember well my grandmothers advice, and I know my family tree well - no need to go into the grisly details in here ;) theblether proposes that we can view Thailand as being similar to UK or where-ever about 100 years ago, or maybe less, depending on which Hebridean island you are from ;) It's not that simple,,,,,,

Thailand now has an old agrarian conservative culture mixed with modern hedonistic western consumerism. Talk to the thai folk in Nakhon Nowhere and they shake their heads in disbelief at what their adult kids are getting up to. Sure - they take the money when it comes, but that does not mean they agree with the methods of acquisition. They are bhuddist and acceptance is in their blood, so they accept anything and everything that comes their way, without malice or judgement.

People are leaving the farms as fast as they can at the first opportunity, same as every irishman used to head for London, but here they all head for Bangkok where the streets can provide cash for whatever they can do - usually selling food, clothes, booze, sex, whatever. They may well progress to a uniformed job selling in BigC or 7-11, but whatever they do, the vast majority of the driving force is to make money to send home to support family, often including their own offspring, all living in a broken old house set in a filthy yard surrounded on all sides by other similar residences in close proximity.

Why do the families in issan need so much money now? It's not a question of starvation lurking, as theblether dramatically proposes, because living off the land is incredibly easy here, but it is because they want a new TV, mobile, computer, whatever. This is not a question of feeding the family - it's a question of feeding the greed. Enter stage left the farang........

The girl will casually (but usually accurately) assess the farang for net worth (new house) and dependability (monthly money). Only after she has settled those points in her mind will she even consider the questions of compatability (language?), presentability (no wife.beaters), sexuality, and lastly -- love. This whole mental assessment process can take her anything from 5 minutes to 5 days -- rarely longer ;)

If the farang has his eyes open he can give the appropriate responses to achieve the results he wants, assuming he is thinking with the head on his shoulders :) There is no shame in taking on a much younger girl and supporting her 100% - if she was working and providing on her own before she met him, but if the girl is a bit down on her luck when the farang arrives he is dead meat unless he has his wits about him.

All this equally applies to the girls in Peru, Kenya, India, and other places I have lived and worked in for some years.

• Like 1

Can I just point out that some people are bypassing the primary point of the OP. The primary point is that the social conditions prevalent in Thailand today are similar to when our Great Grandparents were with us.

My Great Grandfather was born in 1900 Scotland. That was a full 8 years before the introduction of a pension scheme for the elderly, and the other progressive acts that followed under the guidance of primarily the Liberal Party was the first time in UK history that universal benefits became available.

Words like the Poor House were known to him, destitution and rank poverty were only one illness away. I believe that can still be the case in the US at the moment.

We are talking within the lifetime of Westerners here, not ancient history, not even in living memory, in the lifetime!

Yet we show up full of arrogance, the vast majority of us having had no hand in struggling for equality, and condemn Thailand to a daily dose of vitriol. For what? For not having a welfare state? For not having a universal health system of the highest order? For not having sufficient care for the elderly in place?

We who have done nothing growling like dogs about how backward this country is, while taking full advantage of the low cost economy that keeps the vast majority of the population in effective hand to mouth mode. It's a seriously hypocritical stance by many.

Sit down with your Great Grandmother, what would she say? I bet she'd say I understand why a young lady needs the financial stability an older man can bring. What about love Granny?

You can't eat love son.

To eat, or not to eat, that is the question.

That is an easy point and one that I really understand well. As long as the guys know those girls want them for their money and earner-ship there is no problem. Also those guys should protect their money well as some of those girls would rather have the money without the guy and be financial independent and get what they REALLY want instead of what they have to accept.

I rather fly to Hawaii and have a house on the ocean there then here.. but I have to settle for what I have here. If I had all the money of the world id make other choices. Same goes for those girls they choose something and its the best they can do. They rather had something else.

In some cases love grows, in some cases its just obligation, other cases they try to swindle the guy out of is money, and in rare (but still happening more then we think) cases the guy get killed. So if lucky love grows and of course that also depends if the guy is an ogre with money or not. Face it if he was Brad Pitt he would not have to pay. It also depends on the age gap and what they have in common. Many factors here.

Be be honest, if they choose for financial stability don't you think that sometimes they look outside to get their physical needs satisfied ?

• Like 1

In some cases love grows, in some cases its just obligation, other cases they try to swindle the guy out of is money, and in rare (but still happening more then we think) cases the guy get killed. So if lucky love grows and of course that also depends if the guy is an ogre with money or not. Face it if he was Brad Pitt he would not have to pay. It also depends on the age gap and what they have in common. Many factors here.

Tiger Woods still had to pay, he's rich, an athlete and not bad looking.

Brad Pitt, on the other hand, tends to choose equally wealthy partners, so the paying ogre never raises its ugly head.

Tiger Woods still had to pay, he's rich, an athlete and not bad looking.

Brad Pitt, on the other hand, tends to choose equally wealthy partners, so the paying ogre never raises its ugly head.

It was just an example, to any rule there are of course exceptions. Anyway these are my views and to be honest if i was a lot older and single I would not mind paying for it. However I would not fool myself into thinking I would have her without the money or that I am an hansum man. Also I would make sure that she could not separate me from the money.

But as it is in all my relations in Thailand I have never been in those where my partner did not pay an equal share. It just did not feel good for me but things can change when you get older. I understand that a young wife is desirable and at that point I might pay for it too. Or just rent girls, but as I am in a relation now that might never happen. Who knows.

Thing I don't understand is that guys don't get it in their mind the same goes for females, an older guy is not high on their god he is hot list. Its more god his wallet is well filled.

• Like 2

Well after 20 odd years of marriage to my much younger wife i am 100% sure she loves me and i love her ,the only problem i now have is that when my son and i go out the tourists think he is my boyfriendbiggrin.png

Ah that is not to bad.. one of my stephdaughers from a previous marriage (real young but living in the Netherlands changed her).

Meets me back in Thailand she is Thai but more Dutch now, I am more Thai now knowing Thais don't do too much hugging and kissing in public.

She sees me for the first time after a year.. runs at me screaming jumps in my arms and all the time I am thinking... maybe they will think im some sort of pervert. This was in the middle of a crowded shopping mall.

• Like 1

I have just stumbled upon this topic and have to admit that I've not read it all but would like to add the following.

What I don't understand is that westerners find it very acceptable and occasionally applauded that the rich and famous don't have any

problem with age differences.

But oh dear when a middle aged or elderly person of either sex with limited income does the same in Thailand it's despicable.

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

Well after 20 odd years of marriage to my much younger wife i am 100% sure she loves me and i love her ,the only problem i now have is that when my son and i go out the tourists think he is my boyfriendbiggrin.png

I was sitting outside tesco one day and an old guy, easily 70++ was sitting there alone...then a young Thai guy about 18/19 joined him and I thought dirty old bastard.

Then over the course of another 15 minutes, a girl popped out, another older guy and a few other people...then his wife of around 50/60yo came and sat next to him and gave him a hug.

I should know better.

• Like 1

Actually yes, I was in the expecial forces back in my country six years ago smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Haha, my bad I should wrote: special troops smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Hope so, but in case you don't know: we kill the bad guys smile.png

Haha, my bad I should wrote: special troops smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Hope so, but in case you don't know: we kill the bad guys smile.png

Is that what they call masturbation these days...

• Like 1

Haha, my bad I should wrote: special troops smile.png

Geez, another guy claiming to be special forces. Hint Om dude: if you really were in the special forces, it's better to not even mention it as your credibility goes straight down the sh*tter. In other words, a guy who lies about this will certainly lie about everything else.

Actually yes, I was in the expecial forces back in my country six years ago smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Geez, another guy claiming to be special forces. Hint Om dude: if you really were in the special forces, it's better to not even mention it as your credibility goes straight down the sh*tter. In other words, a guy who lies about this will certainly lie about everything else.

If you think that I am telling lies is ok, but here in LOS there are many Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, just like me, u might think whatever you like, that's ur problem not mine :)

Interesting topic.

There will always be a few busy bodies pontificating and- telling others how to live.After the US Civil War, it was common for older veterans to marry a younger woman. Many guys wanted more children, received a veteran's pension and could take care of the family. Upon the vets death, his widow would receive a pension so she had spome financial security.

In fairness I would point out that that older vets seeking a younger wife were often decent men, respected in their communities and positive in their attitudes.

Some of the older guys here in Thailand aren't the finest representatives of their native countries and I believe there in lies the negative connotations about May-December marriages...

'Trophy Wives' - The male of the species is, by evolution, is hardwired for it. Been going on since the dawn of time. Yin and Yang - Etc., Ad Infinitum.

Love? Or just Gold digging? Here is another old saying for you Blether. Women give sex for love. Men give love for sex

The wise say we should not be cynical about Love. But true, unconditional love is extremely elusive, if not, rare. And then there many who would confuse elusive with illusive.

I have a few acquaintances back in Aust who still refer to, and introduce their younger spouses quite openly in social environments, as their 'Child Bride'. Male ego insecurity?

Thailand, plus all the other developing and 3rd world countries provide a resource for 'Trophy Wives' to those, non rich and rather average men, who otherwise would not be able to afford the same where they come from. Under normal circumstances young, hard bodied, attractive females do not, as a rule, marry fat, bald, unfit, middle aged, POOR men who cannot provide for them..

You can go back through history to the dawn of time and find many examples of 'Trophy Wives', but here a few recent ones.

So do you have love? Or a Trophy?

What about starting a topic on 'Cougars'.

http://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2013/05/what-if-men-stopped-chasing-much-younger-women/275916/

Rupert Murdoch

• In 1999 Australian media mogul Rupert Murdoch split from his wife Anna after a marriage of 32 years and three children together. Anna’s settlement of $1.7 billion is believed to have included $110 million in cash and the rest in business as well as material assets. Barely seventeen days after his divorce, Murdoch tied the knot with the Chinese-born Wendy Deng who had been newly appointed as the Vice President of Murdoch’s Star TV network and was almost 38 years his junior. Anna in turn got married to investor William Mann some months later.

• Hugh Hefner

The man behind the Playboy enterprises has lived up to the implications of the brand and much more, with a series of women moving in and out of his life. After getting divorced from his first wife, Mildred Williams, in 1989 Hefner married Kimberley Conrad who was branded then as the Playmate of the Year. The two were separated by 32 years but that didn’t stop the couple from having two children and staying together for nine years. However things became sour soon after and after staying apart for eleven years they divorced in 2010.

• Fred Astaire

One of the most famous actors and performers of the yesteryears, Fred Astaire took as his second wife Robyn Smith, who at the time of the marriage was almost 45 years, his junior. He married Smith on June 24th 1980, having met her on the racing tracks since Smith was a jockey for Alfred G. Vanderbilt II. Astaire’s his first wife was Phyllis Livingstone Potter with whom he had a blissful twenty-one year old marriage till her death from lung cancer. Smith survived Astaire who died from pneumonia on June 22, 1987.

• Pablo Picasso

One of the greatest painters of all times and the proponent of Cubist movement in art, Picasso also led a colorful romantic life. After a series of affairs and a marriage, Picasso fell for a model Jacqueline Roque who was more than forty-five years younger to him. Rose worked at the Madoura Pottery in Vallauris on the French Riviera, where Picasso made and painted ceramics. She became his lover and then his second wife in 1961. The two were together for the remainder of Picasso’s life.

• J.D.Salinger

Best known for his novel The Catcher in the Rye which attained cult status, J.D Salinger was as much marked by his reclusive nature as his attempts to find a soul mate who would share his ever-changing interests in alternative therapies and spirituality. After his marriage to Claire Douglas ended in divorce, he tried to find understanding with several women, one of who was Colleen O'Neill, a nurse and quiltmaker. O'Neill was around forty years his junior; the two were married in 1988 and remained so till Salinger’s death in 2010.

• Clint Eastwood

Famous Hollywood actor and director, Clint Eastwood has always been linked with a number of attractive women, both within and outside the entertainment industry. After a first marriage to Maggie Johnson which ended in a long-drawn divorce, Eastwood tied the knot a second time with Dina Ruiz, an anchorwoman 35 years his junior, whom he had first met when she interviewed him in 1993. The two got married on March 31, 1996, when Eastwood surprised her with a private ceremony at his home on the Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas.

• Nelson Mandela

World famous political personality and anti-apartheid activist, Nelson Mandela was the first South African president to be elected in a fully representative democratic election. Mandela has received more than 250 awards over four decades, including the 1993 Nobel Peace Prize. His personal life has been equally momentous with first marriage to Evelyn Ntoko Mase ending in painful divorce and his second marriage to Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, also an activist, ending in the midst of political and family discord. On his 80th birthday in 1998, Nelson Mandela got married for the third time to Graça Machel née Simbine, almost twenty-seven younger to him. She is the widow of Samora Machel, the former Mozambican president and ANC ally who was killed in an air crash 12 years earlier.

• Paul McCartney

Best known as being part of the hugely famous music band The Beatles, Sir Paul McCartney is a successful English musician, singer-songwriter and compose in his own right. After going through two marriages and several affairs, McCartney, almost seventy, married New Yorker Nancy Shevell, fifty-one in a civil ceremony at Old Marylebone Town Hall, London on 9 October 2011. The wedding was a "low-key affair" attended by a group of around 30 family and friends although it was extensively covered in the UK due to his massive fan following.

• Aristotle Onassis

Greek shipping magnate, Aristotle Onassis married Jacqueline Kennedy, widow of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, on October 20, 1968. This was a second marriage for both and at the time Onassis was almost sixty while Jacqueline was thirty-nine.

• Warren Beatty

The famous American actor, producer, screenwriter and director is best remembered for his role as the legendary gangster in Bugsy. Beatty has around fourteen Academy Award nominations in his kitty, besides the award for Best Director in 1982 and another four Golden Globe Awards including the Cecil B. DeMille Award. Beatty married actress Annette Benning, 21 years his junior. Beatty and Benning share one of the most successful marriages in Hollywood, being married since 1992 and having four children together.

And then there are theses guys:

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/executivesuite/downtime/252641/billionaires-with-much-younger-wives.slideshow