Older Guys, Younger Ladies, An Alternative View......"Maybe You Die"

theblether

Lets be honest- Bui would not have married Herb if he was a bank manager (or plumber)- no way, no how.

Love can of course exist in old man/young lady marriages- but the reality is that in every case i know of old farang/young thai wife, his young wife will be sleeping around behind his back.

if you know this expatj

why dont you tell them???

• Like 1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am good looking and my business partner is not. Before I had any money I had hot girlfriends (train wrecks all) and he did not. When the business took off, he started looking for a multimillion dollar home. He married his super hot (model quality) real estate agent. She does not work any more.

Lets be honest- Bui would not have married Herb if he was a bank manager (or plumber)- no way, no how.

Love can of course exist in old man/young lady marriages- but the reality is that in every case i know of old farang/young thai wife, his young wife will be sleeping around behind his back.

if you know this expatj

Its not my business- i think in some cases the older husbands turn a blind eye while knowing full well their younger wife is sleeping around in which case outsiders should not be interfering by drawing attention to it. In other (most cases?), the husband is simply ignorant of whats going on but as outsiders its difficult to tell, so best stay clear in my opinion.

Edited by ExpatJ
  • Like 1

Very interesting post Phronesis, thanks very much. wai.gif

You're welcome.

When are you coming down to Phuket. The surf is cranking at the moment.

Hat Yai for me tomorrow, Chiang Rai, CM then BKK then off to Scotland soon so it won't be this trip. I'll show up some day, I always do. wai.gif

Well in my experience only desperate girls marry old men, most women like fit men, they like muscles, and flat bellies -specially in this part of the globe-, I've had lovers married to olders men(thai,japanese and westerners) and they do it just for money or a passport, but in the end they use the money of the old guys to expend it with somebody that they really like(in this case , me). In rca I've had many girls from isaan and the north that are this situation, and after two or three days getting in her beds they start to open they hearts and let all the frustraition go out, no wonder they fall in love so easilly, it must be horrible to get in bed with somene that you don't like.sad.png

if you know this expatj

Its not my business- i think in some cases the older husbands turn a blind eye while knowing full well their younger wife is sleeping around in which case outsiders should not be interfering by drawing attention to it. In other (most cases?), the husband is simply ignorant of whats going on but as outsiders its difficult to tell, so best stay clear in my opinion.

I have known of a few cases too but its a bit too much to say its the same in all cases. As to why don't you say anything, for close friends I would certainly tell them otherwise I won't. Problem is will you be believed or will they still believe the wife.

So in a post above the TV Member has an older friend with a younger wife/GF and she is sleeping around in a manner such that the TV Member knows about it but the the older farang husband doesn't?

And these are Thai women? -- some of whom can swap out a SIM card in under 2 seconds and have friends 3 times removed from anyone the husband or the TV Member might have ever met?

Edited by JLCrab

So in a post above the TV Member has an older friend with a younger wife/GF and she is sleeping around in a manner such that the TV Member knows about it but the the older farang husband doesn't?

And these are Thai women? -- some of whom can swap out a SIM card in under 2 seconds and have friends 3 times removed from anyone the husband or the TV Member might have ever met?

Not that hard in my case its easy as the guy works abroad so she does not need to hide it that hard when he is not around.

Other then that I was once the extra guy in a game like that (before i knew she had a other guy) and i went on with her for a while as she was good in bed and I did not care too much about the other guy (not someone i knew)

My ex UK wife was 17 years younger than me, we were together for 25 years. 23 of which were heaven until her surgical menopause set in and I had become ill with something incurable. Was not a good combination so resulting in our disaster. I must point out that I am not fat smile.png , and no waaaaaaaay was our relationship started cos I was a rich guy, totally the opposite. sad.png

I agree with you Richard, which is why I referred to the lack of Familial memory by the part of Westerners. It was an attempt to point out that even as recently as our Grandparents, the same Familial dynamic was a driver in the West.

Then people turn up here all judgmental about Thai society, and the truth of the matter is, their Great Grandmothers would recognize the situation young women still find themselves in here.

To eat, or not to eat, that is the question.

Yes Blether, I agree with Richard too, my wife is twenty years younger than me, and I know she loves me, we have been together for eight years, but only got married two years ago. I bought the house car, furniture and land etc. If she did not love me, she would never had married me after five years when I cannot afford now to buy any more expensive cars etc.

But, I have to say that 99.9% of the time, when you see a repulsive looking man with an attractive young girl about thirty or forty years younger than him, there is no love involved at all where the girl is concerned.

• Like 1

Maybe the reason some of the marriages/GFs with an older farang an a young Thai girl work these days -- contrary to a post above -- is that if the young girl has any sexual interest outside of that relationship she is more likely to hunt down another girl rather than another guy.

Edited by JLCrab

I sometimes think that some of the posters on here are braindead.,better if you know nothing say nothing.sad.png

I don't agree with you Claudius, this is a very interesting post, just as the Blethers always are, and I'm not just saying this because he is a fellow Scot. There is no poster braindead on this thread that I can see.

• Like 1

if you know this expatj

Cant answer for EJ, only offer my own perspective.

A. Its none of my business.

B. Have told at least one in the past, he ignored what was said.

C. For those of us who live here, we have to suffer the consequences and live with the fall-out, not worth it.

D. Some of these guys arent allowed to mix with other farang, especially those who live here, the wife and family chaperone the poor sap around carefully screening who he mixes with, usually limited to family only..

E. Some of these farang deserve everything they get, the same ones who are just nipping down to Pattaya to stock up on farang food and partake of some R&R before returning back upcountry.

F. There is at least one farang business owner I know who comes to Bkk to partake of the nightlife industry, if I can see this in Bkk, how long before his wife gets to hear of it, its a surprisingly small world, many of these girls know each other and their families upcountry, word soon gets back.

I do tend to disagree regarding a lady not loving a guy cos he doesn't look like a film star. Many of us know who this guy in my attached photo is, he, a few years after his injuries, married, they now have three kids. My point is in many cases what comes from the heart beats everything else.

post-41816-0-18145200-1379315432.jpg..........................thumbsup.gif

Well in my experience only desperate girls marry old men, most women like fit men, they like muscles, and flat bellies -specially in this part of the globe-, I've had lovers married to olders men(thai,japanese and westerners) and they do it just for money or a passport, but in the end they use the money of the old guys to expend it with somebody that they really like(in this case , me). In rca I've had many girls from isaan and the north that are this situation, and after two or three days getting in her beds they start to open they hearts and let all the frustraition go out, no wonder they fall in love so easilly, it must be horrible to get in bed with somene that you don't like.20x20xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.we

Not necessarily, you go to bed with yourself every night.

• Like 1

Not that hard in my case its easy as the guy works abroad so she does not need to hide it that hard when he is not around.

Other then that I was once the extra guy in a game like that (before i knew she had a other guy) and i went on with her for a while as she was good in bed and I did not care too much about the other guy (not someone i knew)

I'm taking that one back -- it just makes me feel OK that I don't know any farangs such that I would ever be aware of such dalliances.

Edited by JLCrab

Amateurs if she even let you know there was another guy.

Amateur or not it happens. Same as when i was married to a Thai back in the Netherlands she slept around a lot others knew I did not. Its not so far fetched that other people will know it when you don't. Anyway you go back living your dream where young Thai girls who are with older guys only go for girls (to sleep around as you posted) and dream of catching them in the act and joining meanwhile I will keep your seat in reality vacant.

For the record.. its not just girls with older guys who sleep around it can happen to others too, and to act like it does not happen or that other people cant know when the guy in question does not is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I'm taking that one back -- it just makes me feel OK that I don't know any farangs such that I would ever be aware of such dalliances.

You were too late or i was too fast, and maybe its good not to know as it leads to potential problems if it is in your circle of friends. I am lucky that it never happened in my circle of friends. Most guys will defend their wives fiercely and then your friendship is gone (unless of course he has suspicions already).

I wonder how I would have responded if a friend back in the Netherlands had told me my wive was sleeping around. Kinda depends in what phase of the relation i was if i was still blind of love or seeing the cracks already.

Well in my experience only desperate girls marry old men, most women like fit men, they like muscles, and flat bellies -specially in this part of the globe-, I've had lovers married to olders men(thai,japanese and westerners) and they do it just for money or a passport, but in the end they use the money of the old guys to expend it with somebody that they really like(in this case , me). In rca I've had many girls from isaan and the north that are this situation, and after two or three days getting in her beds they start to open they hearts and let all the frustraition go out, no wonder they fall in love so easilly, it must be horrible to get in bed with somene that you don't like.sad.png

Hahaha, I dont think that going to bed with me is not horrible at all, otherwise why women go to bed with me for free ? :P

Hahaha, I dont think that going to bed with me is not horrible at all, otherwise why women go to bed with me for free ? tongue.png

How much muscle a girl likes is quite debatable.. i got some that love the body and on the other hand some girl said to her friend in the 711 (while i walked past) that I looked scary. So what people like is quite personal. But in general the of course prefer people who are not morbid obese.

But what one guys likes in a girl isnt the same as what an other guy likes.

These relations based on money (financial security) don't all go wrong, there are those that work. I don't worry much about it as those aren't the kind of girls i wan't to be with. So its only good if they and the older guy with the money find each other. They are both happy, only problem is when she decides she wants his money and not him and he was stupid enough to buy her a house. Then they come to moan here on Thaivisa about it or even worse some get killed.

But I doubt that that is a majority anyway, in these relations there will always be those that work. Love can grow its chances might not always be high but the chance is there.

Well in my experience only desperate girls marry old men, most women like fit men, they like muscles, and flat bellies -specially in this part of the globe-, I've had lovers married to olders men(thai,japanese and westerners) and they do it just for money or a passport, but in the end they use the money of the old guys to expend it with somebody that they really like(in this case , me). In rca I've had many girls from isaan and the north that are this situation, and after two or three days getting in her beds they start to open they hearts and let all the frustraition go out, no wonder they fall in love so easilly, it must be horrible to get in bed with somene that you don't like.sad.png.pagespeed.ce.5zxzyGiJz0.png

Hahaha, I dont think that going to bed with me is not horrible at all, otherwise why women go to bed with me for free ? xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>

How much muscle a girl likes is quite debatable.. i got some that love the body and on the other hand some girl said to her friend in the 711 (while i walked past) that I looked scary. So what people like is quite personal. But in general the of course prefer people who are not morbid obese.

But what one guys likes in a girl isnt the same as what an other guy likes.

These relations based on money (financial security) don't all go wrong, there are those that work. I don't worry much about it as those aren't the kind of girls i wan't to be with. So its only good if they and the older guy with the money find each other. They are both happy, only problem is when she decides she wants his money and not him and he was stupid enough to buy her a house. Then they come to moan here on Thaivisa about it or even worse some get killed.

But I doubt that that is a majority anyway, in these relations there will always be those that work. Love can grow its chances might not always be high but the chance is there.

Well, I didnt say how much muscle, when I say that girls like muscle what I mean is that mostly they dont like falcid guys, in the other hand I can't see how a money base relationship can possibly work for both sides, at they she will need to satisfy her need of love and I they guy will start to feel impotent sooner or later.

Some of the high-end Thai women have been chased by the mesomorphs of Thailand and the farang world since they were 16 and have come to be bored with the whole thing ... which is why one can often now see some stunningly pretty Thai girl with a younger Thai guy and only after a few seconds do you realize that 'guy' is another Thai girl with a boyish haircut and baggy clothes and those heavy black frame eye-glasses.

I sometimes think that some of the posters on here are braindead.,better if you know nothing say nothing.sad.png

I don't agree with you Claudius, this is a very interesting post, just as the Blethers always are, and I'm not just saying this because he is a fellow Scot. There is no poster braindead on this thread that I can see.

Was I Claudius having a go at me?

Love is a luxury in the Third World.

Only the advent of social mobility has made it possible in the West.

Anyone that thinks otherwise is brain dead.

To eat or not to eat, that is the question.

• Like 1

Well in my experience only desperate girls marry old men, most women like fit men, they like muscles, and flat bellies -specially in this part of the globe-, I've had lovers married to olders men(thai,japanese and westerners) and they do it just for money or a passport, but in the end they use the money of the old guys to expend it with somebody that they really like(in this case , me). In rca I've had many girls from isaan and the north that are this situation, and after two or three days getting in her beds they start to open they hearts and let all the frustraition go out, no wonder they fall in love so easilly .......

Is it impossible to be both old and fit?

........ it must be horrible to get in bed with somene that you don't like.sad.png

I managed it for 20 years in the UK!

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2