is it safe to meet guys from gay romeo

whome

hi I am coming to pattaya this week for 3 weeks holiday and its my first visit.

I want to know should I meet any guys in pattaya from that gay romeo site or is it

safer that I take guys from bars and massage places only. any advise would be welcome

I would suggest going to the bars/massage places. At least they know who their employees are, and if you run into a problem, you can go back there for assistance.

I don't know anything about Gay Romeo, but I would just as soon not read about your trip to Pattaya in the Pattaya news clipping section.

Best of luck. Have a nice holiday.

PTY is aspecial case re this: it simply seems that most commercial boys posting on GR are simply barboys, druming up a little more custom-out of working hours. Home delivery alaminute and fixed prices. Same ratio for possible disappointment as barboys. But use brains: as such this is a useless Q: how can anyone completely strange to you (like me) give a sensible answer on this all-American Question. Nothing whatsoever in life is 100% safe. Especially not the traffic in PTY.

Not that I know anything about this. But the guys in the gogo bars and massage parlours have to give a copy of their ID card and house registration to their employers, so if you wake up in the morning and something is missing, you know who to contact to track them down.

If you take a freelancer from the street or the internet, you are on your own. I would never do that.

I don't know much about gay romeo and I prefer not to meet people through the internet. If, however, you find yourself chatting with someone and want to be friends rather than just having a sexual encounter, it might be OK to meet someone in a public place and take things a little slower.

If you are looking for a titillating experience, then I would go with the go-go bar boys. The bar boys can be nice and, of course, are quite accommodating to your physical needs, but do remember that it is there profession. Do not confuse pay-for-play with genuine friendship.

Keep your wits about you regardless of what you do. That, by the way, is easier said than done in Thailand. It's like telling a kid in a candy store not to eat too many sweets. smile.png

• Like 2

I don't know much about gay romeo and I prefer not to meet people through the internet. If, however, you find yourself chatting with someone and want to be friends rather than just having a sexual encounter, it might be OK to meet someone in a public place and take things a little slower.

If you are looking for a titillating experience, then I would go with the go-go bar boys. The bar boys can be nice and, of course, are quite accommodating to your physical needs, but do remember that it is there profession. Do not confuse pay-for-play with genuine friendship.

Keep your wits about you regardless of what you do. That, by the way, is easier said than done in Thailand. It's like telling a kid in a candy store not to eat too many sweets. smile.png

Agree mostly with you but with most bars in Bangkok, the guys, when asked, will tell you that they will only do what I can do for myself, (and I don't need help for that) and hold their hands out for a tip. (Not the same as years ago) It seems only in bars that have very effeminate guys working will they be willing to your make your evening pleasurable, OK for some people but not my cup of tea - would go out with a real girl first..

Edited by snooky

Agree mostly with you but with most bars in Bangkok, the guys, when asked, will tell you that they will only do what I can do for myself, (and I don't need help for that) and hold their hands out for a tip. (Not the same as years ago) It seems only in bars that have very effeminate guys working will they be willing to your make your evening pleasurable, OK for some people but not my cup of tea - would go out with a real girl first..

What do you mean by "real girl"? This is the gay forum, we like guys.

Edited by onthemoon

I meant exactly what I said. I am not into fems or katoeys (my choice) and I would go out with a real girl before I would go out with most of the sorry similar choices out there in the bars. I have not done that in over 60 years now, (women) however, the pickings for 'men' nowadays seems to be very poor unless your scene is to give them a pleasurable evening and be content with little or nothing yourself, or having a LARGE amount to spend. Again, different strokes.......I am the one springing for the evenings enjoyment and I expect to be happy with the outcome, not saying there wouldn't be some great reciprocity if the stimulus was right..

Edited by snooky

I meant exactly what I said. I am not into fems or katoeys (my choice) and I would go out with a real girl before I would go out with most of the sorry similar choices out there in the bars. I have not done that in over 60 years now, (women) however, the pickings for 'men' nowadays seems to be very poor unless your scene is to give them a pleasurable evening and be content with little or nothing yourself, or having a LARGE amount to spend. Again, different strokes.......I am the one springing for the evenings enjoyment and I expect to be happy with the outcome, not saying there wouldn't be some great reciprocity if the stimulus was right..

Are you sure that the gay forum is the right place for you? You appear to want a piece of obliging flesh regardless of its gender. You may be better off visiting your local meat market.

• Like 2

Thank you for your input, but this is the gay forum. This topic is about gay guys meeting gay guys on the internet. "Our scene" is not aiming to give you a pleasurable experience, I am not even sure why you posted in this topic. Nobody here is interested in "real girls", we are interested in "real guys", please get it.

Totally correct. But not all american question...just sensible I woukd think

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, I don't quite get the "All-American" connection as well. Perhaps the poster can explain himself more?

For my money -- and I use the phrase advisedly -- GR is as ok as any other dating site. Take usual precautions. Whatever the guy may say, you will end up paying somehow. Budget for that. In no way censorious, just experienced & realistic. Good luck, have fun, keep your heart in the room-safe.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I met my BF (Partner) on the Internet , not GR, and we chatted for 2 years before I came to live with him here in Thailand. I have been living here for 8 years now and we are a happy as any married couple. We have both had experiences with a Philippine guy on GR , who, eventually, tried to blackmail us. So I , personally, would not recommend any gay site to find more than a pleasurable night.

I met my BF (Partner) on the Internet , not GR, and we chatted for 2 years before I came to live with him here in Thailand. I have been living here for 8 years now and we are a happy as any married couple. We have both had experiences with a Philippine guy on GR , who, eventually, tried to blackmail us. So I , personally, would not recommend any gay site to find more than a pleasurable night.

Congratulations to your long-term relationship! Yes, it does take to get to know someone.

Sorry to hear about the Filipino guy, but that seems to have been solved.

Agreed, OTM - times almost up!

I'd go along with pretty well everything Scott's said in this thread - anyone going to Pattaya for a three week holiday and asking this sort of question is after only one thing, and its readily available in every variety in Pattaya. At least in the bars you not only have some relative peace of mind about security but you also get the chance to check out the goods and compare quality first, and ask any questions and make any financial arrangements you want. Its a financial transaction under these circumstances, plain and simple, and there's little point in trying to dress it up as anything else.

Some friends of mine used to boast that they had "given up" bar boys and met their "dates" on GR. After a while (some took longer than others) they realised (admitted) that although they were saving the "off" fee the only effective difference was that their "dates" usually had a later appointment and the "bus fare" they gave them as few had change to get home was often more than they would have tipped them if they had been working in a bar - which most were, anyway.

Keep it simple - if you want a sex holiday, Pattaya's the place to go. If you want to meet someone "special" on the internet, though, on GR or anywhere else, its possible anywhere but in Pattaya its more likely to be purely commercial.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all who replied to my posting . I survived my holiday in pattaya which ended up more of an ordeal than a holiday. I am in the process of writing about my experiences in pattaya and will be posting it on this forum shortly once I have completed it all. For now all I will say is WOW WHAT AN ADVENTURE clap2.gifcoffee1.gif

Question to the OP: Your three weeks are almost over, who is it going?

Thank you to all who replied to my posting . I survived my holiday in pattaya which ended up more of an ordeal than a holiday. I am in the process of writing about my experiences in pattaya and will be posting it on this forum shortly once I have completed it all. For now all I will say is WOW WHAT AN ADVENTURE clap2.gifcoffee1.gif

Question to the OP: Your three weeks are almost over, who is it going?

Interesting. whistling.gif We are looking forward to your report. thumbsup.gif