Tea discount .

anto

Liptons tea, thats not tea as i know it, you could leave the bag in

the cup for a week and it still would not make a decent cup of tea.

Yorkshire tea,Tetleys,PG tips, Twinnings ,they are real teas

Yorkshire tea been my favorite.

Regards Worgeordie

re

Just a heads up that Rimping Meechoke Plaza are offering two for the price of one ,on a 100 bag box of Lipton yellow label tea bags .i.e you get 200 tea bags for B198

nim city branch have been doing the same

promotion since july !

dave2

post-42592-0-92009300-1379346289_thumb.j

Regards Worgeordie

Rimping used to sell Yorkshire tea, but I haven't seen it in any of their outlets recently.

Where are you getting yours? I brought 500gm back from Japan in June, but that will run out eventually. I'd love to find a local seller.

I'd also love to find PG Tips in a loose leaf package. Most teabags use tea fannings rather than leaves, leaving a lot to be desired.

Edited by FolkGuitar

Regards Worgeordie

...All very well ,but this is not about the quality of the tea .You are free to start another post about that .

Regards Worgeordie

Have you tried Sash teas?

• Like 1

What vintage is it?

Only 2 years old .Produced nov 2011 ,and sell by date is next nov 2013.

You mean came off a machine packaged in Nov 2011, and sell by date Nov 2013, you'd better drink it up mate, it's 2013 already...Enjoy..coffee1.gif

Regards Worgeordie

...All very well ,but this is not about the quality of the tea .You are free to start another post about that .

Hi Anto, and in YOUR very next post you comment on the quality of the tea,produced 2011 sell by 2013 ? and until

you are an administrator please don't tell me what i can post.these postings are not cast in stone,as long as the

subject matter is the same.

regards Worgeordie

Frankly, Lipton's Tea has gotten a bad rap. There are several excellent reasons to purchase Lipton's tea, especially at these discount prices;

1. Tear open a brewed tea bag and work the contents into the dirt of acid-loving plants like ferns and roses. The tannic acid and other nutrients will be released when you water the plants, spurring their growth.

2. Speed the decomposition process and enrich your compost pile by pouring a few cups of strong, twice-brewed tea into the heap. The liquid tea will hasten decomposition and draw acid-producing bacteria that will create acid-rich compost.

3. The antibacterial contents of tea bags will help neutralize the odor in your litter box, as well. Just sprinkle the dried out contents of a brewed tea bag into the kitty litter.

4. Give your feet a daily tea bath that calms, restores, and also eliminates offensive odors! Just boil three or four brewed tea bags in one quart of water for ten minutes. Once the water has cooled enough to be comfortable for your feet, soak them for twenty to thirty minutes.

5. Soothe razor burn and relieve nicks and cuts by pressing a wet tea bag to your skin. Not only will the tea take some of the sting out, it will also stop the bleeding.

6. If you have a bruise, sunburn, bee sting, mosquito bite, or cold sore put a cool, damp tea bag on the affected area and use like a compress. The tea will bring comforting relief, reduce inflammation, and promote healing.

These are just a few of the many wonderful benefits of Lipton's tea. But... what ever you do, do not drink that shit!

• Like 2

Regards Worgeordie

Hi Anto, and in YOUR very next post you comment on the quality of the tea,produced 2011 sell by 2013 ? and until

you are an administrator please don't tell me what i can post.these postings are not cast in stone,as long as the

regards Worgeordie

I was responding to being asked the age of the tea ,and nothing about the quality . .As i am the OP i can dictate the threads subject matter .Your post was off topic by a mile .

Liptons; Yuk, just about the worst tea on the planet ( for drinking ). These days i get my Tetleys and Yorkshire sent over in parcels from England every six months or bring decent flavoured tea back with me from trips abroad. Found Twinnings Earl Grey in Hong Kong for less than a third of the price in Thailand, not to mention all the McVities including Ginger Nuts at just 25% the prices here.

Liptons tea might be OK ?,for making iced tea,that Americans like,

but it is impossible to make a cup of tea with it ,then add milk,its just

not strong enough.

Sir Thomas Lipton was from the UK,and first sold tea in the UK,then

moved to the U.S.A.where I suppose the tea was changed (for the worse)

to suit the America palate ?.

Anyway, its tea , but not as we know it Jim.

I am sure you will have stocked up anto,as its a good deal if you like it,

which way do you drink it? and are you American?

relax Countryman

Regards Worgeordie

regards Worgeordie

I was responding to being asked the age of the tea ,and nothing about the quality . .As i am the OP i can dictate the threads subject matter .Your post was off topic by a mile .

Talk about spitting the dummy out of the pram..

Anto the thread is about TEA, if people want to mention their favourite tea in a thread about Liptons tea (which IMO is rubbish) what's the problem, by the way I also prefer Yorkshire Tea, and I aint never gonna buy short date tea like the one your on about....Nov 2013....Sell by date...cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

<deleted> and shortdate= get rid of quick.....

Edited by MB1

Liptons tea might be OK ?,for making iced tea,that Americans like,

but it is impossible to make a cup of tea with it ,then add milk,its just

not strong enough.

Sir Thomas Lipton was from the UK,and first sold tea in the UK,then

moved to the U.S.A.where I suppose the tea was changed (for the worse)

to suit the America palate ?.

Anyway, its tea , but not as we know it Jim.

I am sure you will have stocked up anto,as its a good deal if you like it,

which way do you drink it? and are you American?

relax Countryman

I am Irish and grew up with very strong tea on building sites .The tea lad would put half the loose packet into the pot .( no tea bags then ) . With Lipton i put two bags into a pot ,and get about two large mugs out of it .I let it brew for 3 minutes .It tastes very good to me .