Some THAI directors worried Saudi prince's offer for Airbus too low

webfact

Told you.

Should not have bought any Airbus.

Stick to Boeing, it is the right choice.

Can't go wrong with anything made in the USA.

Well, I'm no great fan of Airbus...

But things didn't go too well for the Thai Air Boeing 737 that blew up on the ground at Don Muang in 2001, or the TWA Flight 800 Boeing 747 that blew up in mid-air in 1996 off the U.S. East Coast -- both found to have been caused by the ignition of flammable fuel/air vapors in the fuel tanks, believed triggered by sparks or short circuits.

All aircraft have their design and manufacturing issues, some smaller and few, others greater and many. I haven't seen anything to prove to me that Airbuses overall are safer airplanes than Boeings.

Or the Airbuses which crashed into the Atlantic off Brazil, Or in Toulose , or Johanesburh, or Katmandu or Nagoya, or Medan, or JFK Airport or Birmingham Alabama!

You have Boeing shares? Tall gave one example, if he were childish he could have posted like . . . you.

There are bound to be accidents/crashes/malfunctions from any manufacturer of anything

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Told you.

Well, I'm no great fan of Airbus...

But things didn't go too well for the Thai Air Boeing 737 that blew up on the ground at Don Muang in 2001, or the TWA Flight 800 Boeing 747 that blew up in mid-air in 1996 off the U.S. East Coast -- both found to have been caused by the ignition of flammable fuel/air vapors in the fuel tanks, believed triggered by sparks or short circuits.

All aircraft have their design and manufacturing issues, some smaller and few, others greater and many. I haven't seen anything to prove to me that Airbuses overall are safer airplanes than Boeings.

Or the Airbuses which crashed into the Atlantic off Brazil, Or in Toulose , or Johanesburh, or Katmandu or Nagoya, or Medan, or JFK Airport or Birmingham Alabama!

You have Boeing shares? Tall gave one example, if he were childish he could have posted like . . . you.

There are bound to be accidents/crashes/malfunctions from any manufacturer of anything

That is called the A Vs B debate and is one of these things that just never end. I have to say it's usually the A supporters that fuel and perpetuate it with utter BS.

Edited by paz

Just sell them,before they end up like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpYiNusK2mw

Nice link thanks.

But the only difference in these aircraft and the 4 parked up by thai airways, is that the ones in the desert are probably better maintained. Certainly climate wise which is why there parked in the desert.

The just for info all those aircraft parked there are in storage and owe people a lot of money. Which is why they are parked there.

They are not scrap. Well for now anyway....

That's def one of the more temporary storage facilities, at least for the more modern aircraft. I see 4 BA 747-400's there. They did have 6 stored there, when that video was shot 2 had already been returned to service and now they've brought another one back so there are just 3 left there now.

Told you.

do they still make things?

I think we (the USA) may still makes some toothpics, fortune cookies, you know... stuff like that. w00t.gif

Change+in+top+global+manufacturing+count

Regarding the plane issue.

1) as anyone who has tried to sell an old, unwanted car can tell you, Book Value and selling value are two different things.

2) Didn't the Thai government just buy 4 NEW planes for government use? whistling.gif

Edited by jamhar
  • Like 1

After many hours of discuss,ions with my Thai wife we think we may have come up with a solution. My wife (being extremely nationalistic), will make an offer for subject airplane. Being Thai the directors of Thai Intl. cannot play the the nasty fallang card. The offer is:

Mrs Dave(my wife) will make a one time payment of Baht 100,000 (one hundred thousand baht) for the aircraft as it stands now. Thai Intl will permit the aircraft to continue using existing standing until such time the aircraft can be transferred to covered hanger(s) that will allow such remedial works to bring the aircraft into a fully serviceable flight worthy condition. Both current standing and suitable hangers shall be provided F.O.C.

On receipt of this offer, Thai Intl. will permit Mrs Dave, or her appointed representatives, to inspect and perform an inventory inspection that should forestall removal of equipment, materials from the subject airplane.

On receipt of this offer Thai Intl, shall warrant that Thai Intl. are the legal owners of the aircraft and on receipt of the offer tendered shall so sign over complete ownership of the aircraft to Mrs Dave upon receipt of payment of the tendered price

This offer is valid from this day 22 September 2013 until midnight 30 June 2014.

Mrs. Dave

That's the gist of what the wifeand I have come up with, all that's left is Thai Intl lawyers an a lawyer or two from Phuket to sort out the details. The lawyers from Thai Intl. may have more dealings on the international market but even the lowliest of Phukets lawyer community will be able to rings around international lawyers when it comes to shady dealing and shafting people.

Nearly forgot, on exchange of the purchase document there will of course be the ubiquitous brown envelope contains the usual 10% commission

• Like 1

Maybe too late for TG to haggle - Flight Global 23rd Sep:

Emirates has retired two of its 10 Airbus A340-500s, and is breaking one for spares, as sustained high fuel prices take their toll on operations of the four-engined aircraft.

The Dubai network carrier introduced the ultra-long range airliner in 2003, meaning that its oldest aircraft is only 10 years old. But the high cost of fuel makes the aircraft uneconomic to fly now, says Emirates Airline president Tim Clark.

“We’ve taken a big hit to retire them, but [their poor economics means] there’s no point in flying them,” says Clark. “They were designed in the late 1990s with fuel at $25-30. They fell over at $60 and at $120 they haven’t got a hope in hell.”

Clark says that Emirates is looking to accelerate the phase-out of its remaining eight A340-500s, and if it cannot find any buyers, “they’re going to the knacker’s yard”.

One A340-500 has been ferried to Ras al-Khaimah for parting out, while a second is stored in Dubai, where it may be retained as a back-up aircraft. “I’m thinking about that,” says Clark, who adds that Emirates has “zeroed” the aircraft’s book value.

Edited by bobfish
  • Like 1