Ceremony planned to thank evil spirits at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

Ceremony planned to thank evil spirits at Suvarnabhumi
By Coconuts Bangkok

1234980_10151843470608291_1769299260_n_0

BANGKOK: -- The managing director of Thai Aiways, Sorajak Kasemsuvan, has said that his company will conduct a major ceremony to appease the malevolent spirits said to be haunting Suvarnabhumi airport.

The ceremony will thank the spirits for assisting with the successful operation to salvage the Thai Airways plane from the runway.

A ghost in traditional costume was rumored to have helped evacuate the passengers from the aircraft shortly after it slid off the runway, and former director of Airports Authority of Thailand (AOT) Chotisak Asapaviriya said that he used to organise a regular prayer session to appease the vengeful spirits at Suvarnabhumi airport. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/09/17/ceremony-planned-thank-evil-spirits-suvarnabhumi

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-09-17

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a fun day out. Would love to go, but I unfortunately lack the ability to see ghosts.

All the years that I've lived here I have asked numerous Thais who believe in ghosts if they have ever seen one. Haven't found one eye witness yet.

Please read this several times to ensure you see who it is and what was alledgly said. If its true then this guy needs to transfer to PNG - Air Niugini where this is part of everyday life .

The managing director of Thai Aiways, Sorajak Kasemsuvan, has said that his company will conduct a major ceremony to appease the malevolent spirits said to be haunting Suvarnabhumi airport.

Forgot to mention PNG is fifty years behind the rest of the civilised world hope he Sorajak enjoys his new job. They fly on a wing and a prayer too.

• Like 2

Please read this several times to ensure you see who it is and what was alledgly said. If its true then this guy needs to transfer to PNG - Air Niugini where this is part of everyday life .

The managing director of Thai Aiways, Sorajak Kasemsuvan, has said that his company will conduct a major ceremony to appease the malevolent spirits said to be haunting Suvarnabhumi airport.

Forgot to mention PNG is fifty years behind the rest of the civilised world hope he Sorajak enjoys his new job. They fly on a wing and a prayer too.

Why go to PNG he is well entrenched in the Hoodoo Guru "fifty years behind the rest of the civilized world" with his good friend Abhisit and the Democrats right here in the LOS bed he made for himself.

Oh they all rolled over and one fell out! Sing along now.

I am not sure if Thai Airways are taking this guy down with them OR he is taking Thai Airways off the map, because if these antics are to carry on the future for Thai Airways is GRIM.

He was in charge of AOT before was he not ??? and he overlooked what wrongs were going on at Swampy ??? speaks for it's self doesn't it ????

Didn't our EX PM TS, believe in this claptrap and the stars, and wants to return and run the country from within, these 2 guys together are amazing.

I am only wondering how the world and medias will react to such childish attitude. I am also waiting for the Star Alliance official statement about this ghost and spirit nonsense. If Thai Airways think that will resolve technical problems then I will fly with more reliable airlines companies in the future. Security doesnt depends on okus pokus non sense. coffee1.gif

Just because you don't believe, you shouldn't mock those that do. Thai's have a high respect for spirits and ghosts and business and individuals make offerings to them everyday as part of their life. This is a quite normal response from Thai people after accidents, bad luck etc. Try and respect others beliefs, and if you can't do so don't say anything at all.

totster bah.gif

Well from a western point of view it is in my opinion off the wall. But then again from the point of a decent human being it is nice that they admit to their beliefs. For some reason Thailand attracts a lot of Farongs who just can't seem to adjust to a different life style and different beliefs.

Well of course the sexpats have no trouble but their is that large group who have their body here and their mind back home. That is of course completely understandable if they are working for a company and they are told this is where there work will be performed.

I wonder how they would work out in a Muslim country where they are told that Mohammad flew off to heaven on a flying horse.

Or how about in the Western world where many believe that Mary went to heaven in her body. It just rose up to heaven. It is a big world out there and a sad thing to see so many people missing it.

Reminds me of the movie a beautiful mind the guy was off his rocker in many ways yet managed to get a Nobel prize.

• Like 2

So . . . who's flying with Thai Airways in the near future?

Well I am but this spirit ceremony has got me concerned. Unfortunately, I'm loyal to my frequent flyer status and although I'm also a member of Qantas, flying either Qantas or Emirates from Sydney doesn't get me beyond Bangkok - if I want to fly to Ho Chi Minh, Vientiane, Kunming etc. I have to fly THAI and it's cheaper to book a through ticket than to book individually, even if there's a deal going on it's still cheaper to purchase a through ticket routed say Sydney-Bangkok-Ho Chi Minh return.

Yes Sir, the Devil caused this whole problem for Thai Airways and only prayers and protecting spirits can prevent such future accidents. Thai Airways should receive only high praise and certainly not accept blame for any missteps they may have made in the course of the accident like painting over the plane's company logo/name thinking this could help hide fact an accident with a Thai Airways aircraft had occurred. So, be sure to say a prayer when getting on a Thai Airways flight.

Edited by Pib

Some on here are not getting the point. Here we have the MD of a major airline blaming a mechanical failure on ghosts. That is the crucial point, I don't care what he believes but if he is not going to face up to the responsibility of running a well maintained fleet of aircraft with the lives of millions at risk and chooses to publicly point the finger at ghosts then he deserves to be criticised publicly and laughed at. The demonstrated incompetence is astounding.

Some on here are not reading the article in the OP, let me point out the important part for you,

The ceremony will thank the spirits for assisting with the successful operation to salvage the Thai Airways plane from the runway.

totster :)

• Like 2

I am only wondering how the world and medias will react to such childish attitude. I am also waiting for the Star Alliance official statement about this ghost and spirit nonsense. If Thai Airways think that will resolve technical problems then I will fly with more reliable airlines companies in the future. Security doesnt depends on okus pokus non sense. coffee1.gif

Just because you don't believe, you shouldn't mock those that do. Thai's have a high respect for spirits and ghosts and business and individuals make offerings to them everyday as part of their life. This is a quite normal response from Thai people after accidents, bad luck etc. Try and respect others beliefs, and if you can't do so don't say anything at all.

totster bah.gif

Well from a western point of view it is in my opinion off the wall. But then again from the point of a decent human being it is nice that they admit to their beliefs. For some reason Thailand attracts a lot of Farongs who just can't seem to adjust to a different life style and different beliefs.

Well of course the sexpats have no trouble but their is that large group who have their body here and their mind back home. That is of course completely understandable if they are working for a company and they are told this is where there work will be performed.

I wonder how they would work out in a Muslim country where they are told that Mohammad flew off to heaven on a flying horse.

Or how about in the Western world where many believe that Mary went to heaven in her body. It just rose up to heaven. It is a big world out there and a sad thing to see so many people missing it.

Reminds me of the movie a beautiful mind the guy was off his rocker in many ways yet managed to get a Nobel prize.

Some on here are not getting the point. Here we have the MD of a major airline blaming a mechanical failure on ghosts. That is the crucial point, I don't care what he believes but if he is not going to face up to the responsibility of running a well maintained fleet of aircraft with the lives of millions at risk and chooses to publicly point the finger at ghosts then he deserves to be criticised publicly and laughed at. The demonstrated incompetence is astounding.

Thank you, well said. My feelings exactly, I really don't care what his personal beliefs are but when it comes to safety it requires"hey we messed up or hey we'll find out what happened" not "hey look over there is that a ghost?" Paleeeze!

• Like 1