Malaysian killed and two others in Pattaya Highway 7 crash

webfact

Malaysian killed and two others in Pattaya Highway 7 crash

malaysia-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Malaysian car driver was killed and his two Malaysian passengers were seriously injured after they were ejected from the vehicle during a high-impact collision with a stationary truck on Highway 7 in Pattaya on Tuesday morning.

Police and rescue services rushed to the scene and identified the deceased driver of a Honda Brio as Mr. Lee Hock Leng from Malaysia. The smaller vehicle struck a stationary truck which had stopped on the hard shoulder of the Highway and then flipped-over several times, during which time the two passengers of the car were ejected from the vehicle.

Both were rushed to Hospital and remain in a serious but stable condition.

The truck driver is Khun Panyar aged 24, who was transporting plastic granules from Samut Prakan Province to Banglamung. He pulled-over to investigate a possible mechanical problem with his truck and claimed to see the Honda Brio approach in the left lane at a high rate of speed.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/102936/malaysian-killed-pattaya-highway-7-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-18

After almost 10 years in this country, I just dont understand WHY must people point at things.

Its obvious to all where the car hit the truck

1 Person dead & 2 people seriously hurt - and YOU worry about some dude pointing his finger at the damaged truck ? ? ? ? ?

Geez; - at least your choice of "handle" is appropriate ! ! ! ! or maybe you shuld ammend this to be "Monkey2Me" ? ? ? ?

coffee1.gif

In any event: RIP to the unfortunate driver and a speedy recovery wished for his two companions.

402.gif

• Like 2

WHy was the truck parked there? You can see far more than 50% of it's width is sticking out into the road.

The fact is that the car hit the truck on the left side and not the right side which may have been 50% over the road.

Dangerous driving seems to be to blame and I feel for the families of those killed or hurt.

• Like 1

Its always a reminder . . I have surfed in many beaches with risk of shark attacks and people ask me why I am

not scared.

The point is, its statistically vastly more probable, I could have an accident getting to the beach.

This is why so many Thais drive so slowly. It drives some farang drivers I know nuts, but

in this country slow is good unless you have a very clear view of the road.

I still prefer it to driving in Australia.

• Like 1

After almost 10 years in this country, I just dont understand WHY must people point at things.

Its obvious to all where the car hit the truck

No, no you've got it all wrong! the driver is pointing to the grasshopper that has just landed on the spot he is pointing at, he will be saying "that little fella is so cute sitting there, what a lovely shade of green, it reminds me of those wonderful summer days in the rice paddies when i were just a young lad without a care in the world" biggrin.png

RIP and sympathy to his family.

There is no hard surface to pull further off the road, and if he had gone into the grass, who knows? Swampy? Key elements here are 1. lack of defensive driving and 2. not wearing seat belts. This avoidable accident proves Thais are not only idiots on the road (besides farangs, of course).

"......flipped-over several times, during which time the two passengers of the car were ejected from the vehicle."

Ya think that maybe they weren't wearing seat belts?

And how in the world can you NOT see a truck THAT big STOPPED on the side of the road?

My thoughts exactly. You've got to be doing something seriously stupid to hit the LEFT side of a stationary truck and then go cartwheeling through the air, spraying out passengers as you go.

For the truck to of been parked the way it us in the pictures the Malay car would if had his near side wheels on the grass BEFORE it hit?

Could it be the truck was in fact in the outside lane and moved post accident? Hard to tell ad there isn't a picture showing the car in relation to the truck.

I learned years ago when driving in Thailand always expect and anticipate the worst case as that's pretty much what happens. RIP.

• Like 1

Looks like typical bit of high speed undertaking down the hard shoulder,i expect the driver of the cars vision was blocked by other slow moving trucks and he swung out into the hard shoulder at high speed only for their to be a parked truck with not enough time to move- perhaps the reason he hit the left hand side was due to trying to take some last minute avoiding action.

• Like 2

"......flipped-over several times, during which time the two passengers of the car were ejected from the vehicle."

Ya think that maybe they weren't wearing seat belts?

And how in the world can you NOT see a truck THAT big STOPPED on the side of the road?

Ive had a dozen or more near misses because Thais are so tight with money they won't buy what IS a life saving bulb for a back light , or any light for that matter, " maipenrai , if they i'm hit from behind it's their fault not mine " attitude , and not enforced by those wonderful caring BIB ....... to busy robbing tourists !