British man rescued from Si Saket forest

webfact

British Man Rescued From Si Saket Forest
Khaosod Online

brit.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Briton who had been lost in the wilderness for 3 days has been rescued in Si Saket Province.

The police were alerted when local fishermen in the Moon River reported of hearing cries for help in English in the direction of Tarm Forest, on the bank of the river.

The rescue team later found Mr. Alex Walton, 60, lying unconscious on the ground. He was shirtless and full of mosquito bites marks when he was found, the police added.

Mr. Walton was sent to Rasi Salai Hospital for medical check-up. His condition is reported to be stable, but the doctors said they would keep him in the hospital for few more days in order to ensure he did had not been infected by any disease in the woods.

The police also found a car owned by Mr. Walton 3-4 kilometres away from the forest. The car is registered in Kalasin Province. His wife later contacted the police to inform them that Mr. Walton had been missing since 14 September and his neighbours have been looking for him ever since.

Mr. Walton′s wife said he had a mental disability and tends to "black out" when he is stressed. "Sometimes he does things without being aware of it," his wife said.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM09UUTVNakF3TVE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-09-18

related:

British man mysteriously disappears in Srisaket province

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/668375-british-man-mysteriously-disappears-in-srisaket-province/

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it is just alittle dementia and a few pills will lessen the symptoms. I really hope he was not running away because he was scared of his wife and her friends, because if he was he is going to go right back to the lions den when they release him from the hospital.

Happy ending for that guy ..... poor man !!! but I still dont understand why the wife has waited so long to inform the police ... anyway the essential is that he is alive .... Thanks to the rescuers.

Because this isn't Europe. People don't go to the police automatically as their first choice with problems here. They try to sort out themselves first. The report says she was looking for him with neighbours, friends etc. Also this report says missing since 14th. Thais have a different sense of urgency to Westerners concerning most things.

Europeans don't automatically go to the police as their first choice when they have problems.. They do exactly the same, they call family, friends, neighbors, they go out looking at known certain places and also check the hospitals in case they have had an accident, etc. However if after all that personal searching there is no sign and if it is totally out of character then we call the police. The point people are making here is that why didn't she call for help before 7 or 8 days had lapsed without finding him? Surely that's too long, especially if he is in trouble somewhere and in this case he was. Thankfully he was found and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Wonder if all those making accusations towards the wife in the other post will turn up here.

I don't know what those other posters wrote; but I do get the distinct impression that the wife wasn't all that worried, whereas all the neighbors went all-out looking for the poor guy . . . . . it is what it is, unfortunately !

coffee1.gif

Happy ending for that guy ..... poor man !!! but I still dont understand why the wife has waited so long to inform the police ... anyway the essential is that he is alive .... Thanks to the rescuers.

Her gsm was out of money AND a flat battery !

No better excuse.

Quite a possibility he has the beginnings of Alzheimer's disease....my Dad has it and at the start he wandered off to all sorts of places and was regularly retrieved by the police....he used to wander for miles and miles in the middle of nowhere!

Initially, my Mum used a Buddy Tracker which she planted in his bag, which he ALWAYS took with him. Great piece of kit that tracked him on a map.

Eventually, she had to do full 'lock down' so he could not physically leave the house and garden, padlocks on all gates etc.

Not a pleasant disease for a partner to deal with!

If he'd been missing for 7-8 days before his wife reported it as per the first thread, that would impy he went missing on the 9/10th. Not the 14th.

If I took a gf's shiny new car and disappeared for 6hrs she would be worried sick. About the car of course, not me.. :D

• Like 2

Wonder if all those making accusations towards the wife in the other post will turn up here.

Why do you wonder, and why should they turn up here again, the general accusation in the other post towards the wife was the fact that she did not inform the police speedily about the disappearance of her Husband.

Their relationship is obviously down the swanny, he should leave her (divorce her) and look for a new GF, but he should firstly look after his physical and mental health problems that is vital.

He was lucky to be rescued and should ensure that such things will never happen again.

• Like 2