Apple users queuing at home for iOS7 release

cdnvic

FANS awaiting Apple’s new operating system have lined up in their front rooms to be the first to download it.

iOS7, which promises to bring thrilling cosmetic differences to iPhones and iPads, comes out later today and Apple fanatics are predictably losing their shit.

Tom Logan said: “The wireless isn’t as strong in the bedroom, so I could have been as much as six seconds late to the download party.

“But because of my unswerving devotion I took the week off work and am now seated two feet nearer the modem than my housemate.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/apple-users-queuing-at-home-for-ios7-release-2013091879586

FANS awaiting Apple’s new operating system have lined up in their front rooms to be the first to download it.

iOS7, which promises to bring thrilling cosmetic differences to iPhones and iPads, comes out later today and Apple fanatics are predictably losing their shit.

Tom Logan said: “The wireless isn’t as strong in the bedroom, so I could have been as much as six seconds late to the download party.

“But because of my unswerving devotion I took the week off work and am now seated two feet nearer the modem than my housemate.”

The sad thing is that every technology has its fanboys that give users of that technology a bad name - they seem to take personally if you prefer another technology to their chosen one

I'm sure there are android fanboys waiting to download kitkat and windows 8 fanboys waiting to download whatever the latest release of windows 8 is

I was bored last night, so I "upgraded" to iOS7 on my iPhone 4. The process was, as expected, a mess. I have no idea why the Apple fanboi sheeple think Microsoft makes things unintuitive when Apple upgrades, whether the iOS or even just iTunes, can surely complicate what should be a streamlined process.

It took FIVE manual restarts after the files were downloaded to "verify" the download before the iOS would install.

While I like some of the changes, like the updated Notepad and Calculator apps, and the new Flashlight app and Control Panel, to quote some reviews from the New York Post, with which I agree:

"Y COME iOS7 LOOK LIKE IT AS MADE FOR 12 YEAR OLD GIRLS?"

"It makes your phone look like a fisher price toy."

Or, as a friend put it: "It has this windows 8 feel." Ewwwww.