DSI warns Thai women not to fall prey to Facebook beaus

webfact

SOCIAL NETWORK
Tarit warns women not to fall prey to Facebook beaus

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Tarit Pengdith, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief, yesterday warned Thai women to be careful of foreigners wooing them via Facebook and then duping them into wiring money.

The DSI recently found that some 1,000 victims had been lured into wiring a total of Bt60 million to a Nigerian gang.

He said that these Nigerians usually made their victims believe they were white European males working in Malaysia and, after assessing victim's financial status, would claim to have encountered some problems and ask the women for money.

The DSI chief said his agency was waiting for arrest warrants for two Thais and three Nigerian accomplices.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-09-19

Must be worrying for thai women

I have read so many posts on different forums about mongers try to prey on nice thai women,rather than paying for hookers.

These are the true cheap charlies,who think they can pick up a sweet lady 30 years younger than themselves and seduce them for a tourist mongers holiday,no barfine to pay,and actualy think they can have sex with them for free, dream on mongers..

• Like 2

SOCIAL NETWORK

Tarit warns women not to fall prey to Facebook beaus

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Tarit Pengdith, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief, yesterday warned Thai women to be careful of foreigners wooing them via Facebook and then duping them into wiring money.

The DSI recently found that some 1,000 victims had been lured into wiring a total of Bt60 million to a Nigerian gang.

He said that these Nigerians usually made their victims believe they were white European males working in Malaysia and, after assessing victim's financial status, would claim to have encountered some problems and ask the women for money.

The DSI chief said his agency was waiting for arrest warrants for two Thais and three Nigerian accomplices.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-09-19

1000 victims?

Oh please.... those nasty cheating foreigners preying on such sweet and innocent Thai women.

Lololol

How about those greedy monks, Redbull heirs, cold blooded Thonhlor actor murderers and innocent JUST CONFUSED miss universe kids that walk free and are above the law beyond murder???

Might be time the tables were turned, just think of all those poor innocent dumb farang guys that have been getting ripped-off for years, time for some revenge.

Also, it's heartening to see the DSI concentrating on the important matters which affect Thailand.

• Like 2

Might be time the tables were turned, just think of all those poor innocent dumb farang guys that have been getting ripped-off for years, time for some revenge.

Also, it's heartening to see the DSI concentrating on the important matters which affect Thailand.

DSI is waiting for 5 arrests warrants for 2 Thais and 3 Nigerians but given their recent track record will they ever actually find them far less enforce the warrants ?

Interesting on how the scamers find people to prey on. There must be lots of Thai ladies out there who think that finding and marrying a farang will bring a happier and more convenient life.

There are lots of "ladies" throughout Asia who scam gullible Westerners into sending them cash. Either thinking they are their boyfriends, potential husbands or just lonely and fall for the "sob stories" and tales of desperation. Enterprising of the Nigerians to turn this round. I've read reports of well-off well educated Western women being scammed by younger African males.

The danger of social media - some people are trustworthy, keen to make "friends" and chat on social media and very unaware of the dangers or security issues. Sitting safely behind a keyboard seems to make some people lower their guard and become much more prone to abuse.

Well done Tarit in making this public.

• Like 1

I have chatted with Thai women and some have asked

me if it is true that a foreigner, while on the way to meet them, need money for a visa or transit, as the foreigner got stuck at some airport.

The guy then asked the lady for money to help him out, promising to pay it back upon meeting.

Of course, the foreigner would then come up with some excuse (taking care of sick father/mother etc) and not show up.

I told those ladies that as soon as anyone starts talking/asking about money: block/delete!

Why on earth would anyone ever send money to someone you don't know?

Or the lady would send me their e-mail correspondence and ask me for my opinion as to how sincere the foreigner is.

I would then explain to the lady that no honest foreigner would write about 'profound love', 'love of my love', 'dying to marry you',

'my mother approves of you', 'let's buy land and house together', etc etc, after only 2 e-mails (not even chat) and only exchange a few pictures.

Some would show me the picture of the guy in question: usually a white western male.

The lady would then say she felt a bit stupid being fooled like this, and I would say that yes it is a bit stupid.

I think it must be some degree of desperation that allows these women to be fooled like this.

DSI is waiting for 5 arrests warrants for 2 Thais and 3 Nigerians but given their recent track record will they ever actually find them far less enforce the warrants ?

Must be stacking the arrest warrants with the rice in warehouses.

• Like 1

Man, we've got some bitter guys on here today! Have a heart.

Cheering for Nigerian scammers. Unbelievable.

I couldn't understand why guys would be cheering on the Nigerian scammers either. Maybe these are the same ones that have lost money to Thai ladies because they didn't take sensible precautions to protect their money.

Thai women using the internet being ripped off. Must be a misprint. Is not it that it is the other way around? Mind you there are some pretty dumb farangs out there.

Thai women ripping of stupid farangs, but then get ripped of by Nigerians, "som num na" clap2.gif