Australians drugged, sexually assaulted and robbed at Thai beach parties, diplomat warns

webfact

Oh Pleeze! A lot of these young garbage Aussie and Brits only come to Thailand to attend these parties to get high and get wild......so knowing all these in advance...these garbage are asking for trouble. I would not spend a moment or any sympathy or help for garbage like these . I wonder what type of decent parents would allow their kids to come here for drogs, booze and sex parties.Besies these full moon parties, you have al ot of these garnage in Phuket, Pattay, Chiang mai and bangkok these days too.

If anything, the bloody thai authorities should ban all these full moon parties that are an invention of the Westerners in the first place.

You are calling them garbage and you don't even know them or do you just refer to all Australians as GARBAGE. I see you are some sort of a Supremacist. Which non racist country do you come from from?

Well I would agree with him 100% if he left out the word garbage.

I see you take no stance against the rest of his statement.

I know in my youth I to thought I was invincible that things like that only happened to the other guy. As I look back on my life I am surprised that I wasn't the other guy a time or two.

Absolutely hellodolly, me too, and if one rewrites the very same text without the words "garbage" and also "Aussie" and "Brits" of course, it becomes very different, IMHO at least whistling.gif example:

"Oh Pleeze! A lot of these young people only come to Thailand to attend these parties to get high and get wild......so knowing all these in advance...these young are asking for trouble. I would not spend a moment or any sympathy or help for people like these . I wonder what type of decent parents would allow their kids to come here for drogs, booze and sex parties.Besies these full moon parties, you have al ot of these young persons in Phuket, Pattay, Chiang mai and bangkok these days too.

If anything, the bloody thai authorities should ban all these full moon parties that are an invention of the Westerners in the first place." coffee1.gif

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Pleeze! A lot of these young garbage Aussie and Brits only come to Thailand to attend these parties to get high and get wild......so knowing all these in advance...these garbage are asking for trouble. I would not spend a moment or any sympathy or help for garbage like these . I wonder what type of decent parents would allow their kids to come here for drogs, booze and sex parties.Besies these full moon parties, you have al ot of these garnage in Phuket, Pattay, Chiang mai and bangkok these days too.

If anything, the bloody thai authorities should ban all these full moon parties that are an invention of the Westerners in the first place.

Jeez what a nice human being you must be. Obviously never been to Thailand but mouthing off because you have heard something from other people. Personally I do not care what other people get up to in Thailand but it is great to come here and let you're hair down. In spite of everything that happens here it will always be No: 1 for most people.

No one deserves to be sexually assaulted or is asking for that type of trouble. Those taking part in full moon parties are doing what young people should be doing, enjoying life. Yes they need to take care, stay with friends, be aware of what they are drinking or dropping but that does not make them garbage. We learn through our mistakes, but the price of the lessons should not be rape. As for the parents, how are they supposed to stop of age young adults going to these parties? They have to let go at some point and hope their parenting has prepared their children for life. There are people you may consider garbage in Thailand, but they are far from their youth and appear to be trying to recapture it. Do we blame their parents?

Strange, I received about ten likes on my earlier comments and there are off course those who were trashing my comment. To those who were trashing it, I assume that you condone drug taking and getting high and I also assume that you could also be a drug addict. I pray that the thai authorities see this and trace your IP addresses and do something about your stay here. Also for those of you who are parents or have younger siblings, yet condone these full moon parties, I have no words for your types.

I had no particular ill intention against brits or aussies just that most of them attending these full mooon parties are actually from these two countries.

So for those of you are trash my comments. well we know what categories you belong to.

Strange, I received about ten likes on my earlier comments and there are off course those who were trashing my comment. To those who were trashing it, I assume that you condone drug taking and getting high and I also assume that you could also be a drug addict. I pray that the thai authorities see this and trace your IP addresses and do something about your stay here. Also for those of you who are parents or have younger siblings, yet condone these full moon parties, I have no words for your types.

I had no particular ill intention against brits or aussies just that most of them attending these full mooon parties are actually from these two countries.

So for those of you are trash my comments. well we know what categories you belong to.

what a sad, miserable b*stard you sound IMHO with your high and mighty talk. Let people get on with their lives and have some fun in their youth. If they make some mistakes so they learn for the future. I have done some crazy things in my time and I am glad I did. I am also glad I had no stuffed shirt like you preaching to me.

Awesome post! I am so sorry about whatever you step-father and/or some close to realities did to you to begin your downward spiral into the mean and hateful person you are today.

You have a ruined, unhappy existence, Unable to enjoy what life has to offer you foist your hate at innocents and victims.

I'm truly feel a bit of empathy but I simply just feel sorry for you.

You are calling them garbage and you don't even know them or do you just refer to all Australians as GARBAGE. I see you are some sort of a Supremacist. Which non racist country do you come from from?

<deleted>! You're calling someone with aryan in his nick meaning white supremacist a racist when he made some -ve remarks on aussies and brits who ironically are mostly "aryan". That's really really odd.

Quite a few likes there. Guessing there are a few people from shabby backgrounds that are jealous of poms and sheep shaggers for their excellent attitude to life. My god, think of what those combined cultures have given the world...The Beatles, Monty Python, AC-DC, Queen (all of them), dunnies, tinnies, 50 cent for a goony. Oh brother.
You forgot to mention cricket.

Didn't like to mention Australian so-called cricket.

Oops, here I go off topic again.

My Daughter and her friends went to a half moon party, I would not put any of them in the garbage category, all are hard working young people having a well earned holiday, as far as I know none of them use drugs, in fact my daughter is very anti drug abuse, they like a drink while relaxing as do many of us, does that make all of us that like a drink garbage ? As for sex they are all married or have long term partners. Shame on you for being so bigoted.

“What do you do if you are out of it from taking this stuff and you are dragged away in the night and raped by a pack of Thai guys?"

A very undiplomatic statement by Mister Diplomat over there. The use of the word 'pack' indicates he considers Thai men to be animals, he could have said 'group of Thai men.' Perhaps the hundreds of millions of women such as myself who have visited Thailand for years, never been drugged or raped, and treated with great courtesy in most cases (unlike in the West), our voices are not tabloid enough for this guy. And the fact that we avoided being drugged and raped by avoiding sleazy parties, is important.

I'm sure theres some nasty bars in Australia where naive girls get drinks and pills offered to them, and are raped. It happens in the UK too, the Rohypnol craze saw a lot of this stuff happening. It isn't anything to do with Thailand, it is stupid kids who didn't learn anything from adults, about not trusting strangers, not taking drugs, and not accepting drinks in unlicensed places. There's dodgy bars allover the world, you should avoid them, buy canned drinks or drink at reputable bars with licences, their drinks can be traced from your lips back to the brewer or the distillery. And since they don't want to get bankrupted by legal cases, they don't put random toxic agents in your drinks.

Don't trust anyone but yourself,

make your own cocktail drinks at home and buy bottles of beer when at a bar,

and you should be okey!

Plus,

when they see you with a thai girl,

out of spite and or jealousy,

they will mess with your food and drinks.

Please be carefull guys!

From the main article:

Mr Cunningham said that about half of the average 50 deaths of Australians on Phuket each year were avoidable, including deaths from traffic accidents and falling from high-storey hotel.

Is this factually correct, or is 50 the number of Aussie deaths in the entire Kingdom?

Thailand can be a deadly destination for Australian tourists

THAILAND is one of the nation's favourite overseas holiday destinations - but the popular family playground has a darker side.

An Australian dies in Thailand every four days on average and hundreds more require consular help.

Melbourne man Sebastian Eric Faulkner, 21, was the first Australian to die in Thailand this year when he fell to his death from a Phuket hotel balcony early on New Year's Day.

Consular officials say motorbikes, power-ski accidents and alcohol-fuelled mishaps are the most common cause of serious injuries. Thailand's full moon parties also often spark calls for help.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/thailand-can-be-a-deadly-destination-for-australian-tourists/story-e6frf7kx-1226564566461

Anywhere can be a deadly destination for anyone at anytime.'

Just some places take a bit more caution than others.

I would still feel safer at a Full Moon Party than

wandering around Balochistan, even with a Baloch as a guide.

If you have half a brain you can go to a Full Moon Party

and walk away in the same condition you arrived, plus a nice hangover.

If you are stupid you can find trouble, it's very simple. Same as home.

Some party go'rs are their own problem, imagining things will be like Raves back home.

But anyone expecting the same as home in Thailand is sadly uninformed.

Who goes to Thailand for what you get at home?

Anyone getting themselves drinking Deet laced drinks is a poor fool in the first place.

If you don't know what it is, don't drink it, a very simple survival tactic known world wide.

I'm going to put a crazy idea out here, but I'm guessing those "party go'rs" didn't come to thailand to be drugged murdered or raped. And perhaps they were not aware there was DEET in there drinks.

OR do you really tolerate crimes like this and want to excuse these thai criminals because that's how they do things around here and if you don't like it just go home.

Drinking things handed from strangers at Full Moon parties is a fools mission.

I have been there, so has my wife and her friends. My Norwegian niece too.'

We only drank at recognised legitimate bars and never took anything from strangers.

Simple rules of common sense can keep you healthy,

ignore them and your risks escalate quickly.

If you come to Thailand and don't read up on it in some detail,

you are going vastly underprepared.

Putting Deet in 'street drinks' is a known thing.

No one comes to get murdered, but their own actions led them

into the situation in far too many cases. Leaving out the guy

just standing there who catches a errant bullet etc.

\

A simple search

" Full Moon Party Thailand Risks " gives you plenty to think on.

https://www.google.co.th/search?client=opera&q=full+moon+party+thailand+risks&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Edited by animatic

So this guy cunntingham serves his term decides to retire and finally opens his mouth to the issues that have plagued his countrymen and women for years. Nothing like growing a set of balls (my apologies to the religious nutter, I understand the thought of mens balls get you hot and bothered) at the last minute.

What great post though....racism, right wing nutball and Aussies all in one thread!

He has had that set of balls the whole time and hasn't stopped speaking up. He is constantly in the media not just here but also in Australia. The guy fought from the start and never let up but crime and corruption is everyday life and part of the normal culture he was simply banging his head against the wall and had no support from the embassy.

yes, but we have to give Cunningham a tremendous amount of credit. He is turning the culture of silence on it's head. He is a hero in my book. I can only imagine how much pressure he gets to keep silent. The embassies are some of the least courageous institutions that operate on Thai soil, and there are many. You would guess he also gets alot of death threats. That would shut up most people, but Larry keeps on speaking his mind and heart. Kudos to him. May he live forever, and continue to out the parasites.

• Like 1

another angry old alcoholic pissed at the next generation.

• Like 2

DEET! OMG. That's freaking deadly. I hope they are okay and they find these a-holes who are doing this ASAP. I'm sorry for the victims.

i think you missed the beauty of the whole thing!

there are no real victims, just idiots junkiesdisguised as party-goers!

non is forced to these full moon ( and whatever) parties, and moreover non is forced to drink unknowns drogs really, anything for that matter.

they do, and then they get exploited, their fault.

sure enough, non of these idiots run to report, parents would find out that the innocent study trip they sold them was something different.

can stone me, but i dont have a bit of sympathy for these ppl, not here and not in their own country, whereever it might be.

You seem to have a very limited vocabulary, aren't you able to think of an alternative to the word "garbage" that you have used four times?

Garbage was three times, he used 'Garnage' once though... I'm wondering if he was goose stepping when he wrote it?

Maybe just "Goosing" himself