PM Yingluck urges public not to worry about flood situation

webfact

I live in Chaiyaphum Province, mid-Isaan & it's been raining pretty well continuously for 10 days now with no signs of stopping, If this doesn't ease soon I predict that Bangkok will have worse... flooding than 2011 so look out all you city-ites it's coming...

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have the rainy seasons in Thailand caused flooding; ...beyond the annals of man's history?

How long has "the public" been faced with rainy seasons and flooding; ...since they can remember?

Telling "the public" not to worry about something that they have been worrying about for time immemorial is a bit naive, and even suggests an ignorance and certain kind of arrogance towards "what the public worries about, and does not worry about".

I can't help but wonder if the Thais aren't saying to themselves, "What the...? Who in Hell does she think she is?"

• Like 1

Yet again we see displayed publicly the contempt this woman her puppet master brother and their family along with their brown nosing acolyte have for the people of Thailand.I recollect the flood situation in 2011 and the pictures of the sandbag wall and other items surrounding the Thaksin clans property

They didn't have to worry their property was as secure as a ducks anus against the entry of flood water, too bad so many other people in the country suffered losses and then were insulted even further by a piddling 5,000 baht compensation for damage suffered (that's of course after commission payments were made to many of officials who were panhandling handling the cash handout.)

Indeed yet again the Thai people have been well and truly shafted on the sacrificial high altar of the Thaksin clan self serving religion.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

One thing I never quite get about PM visits here. As per usual Her Excellency shows up and ORDERS the experts in charge what to do when surely it is her should be seeking advice from them?

I know it looks good when the PM seems omniscient but you would want the chairman of THAI Airways to appear on the flight deck of a 747 and start telling the pilots how he wants them to fly the plane.

It's the Thai way.

Park it on the grass right???

• Like 1

All thai visa users you have to understand that Thaiand is a 3rd world country same as Nigeria etc. what you expect from the Goverment and other Goverment officials etc, if you do not like it go home where you come from.

Yawn, how boring. Another person saying "don't debate anything here, if you don't like it go home",, please try something a little more original. By the way Thailand is NOT a 3rd world country, that would be categorized as a "least developed country", however Thailand is globally recognised as a "developing" country. It's GDP has grown rapidly over the past 10 years and it is technically the second fastest growing country in Asia. It has roads and infrastructure and is the 9th biggest importer into the US. Basically although behind Western countries Thailand is not considered a poor country anymore.

The fact is that the government is believed to be plagued with corruption and that they are not doing enough to protect it's own people (the people they work for, are employed by and answerable to) from the flooding. If you know better then please clarify and then tell us all to go home.

I'll just phone my friend in Surin, who's house is flooded out, that YS says don't worry. Sure she and her husband will feel fine knowing that.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The monks at the temple next door are camping on the roof!!!

Didn't she say the same a couple of years ago when Bangkok was metres under water while passing overhead in a luxury chopper?

As an aside, she doesn't look so 'hot' side-on. rolleyes.gif

dam_n it took a long time before someone pointed this out.

Or from the shoulders down.

What is really scary is we know we have a 5 watt light bulb in the PM office.

But what kind of controllers would let her get away with touching a map while she stares off into space. All the time denying there is a problem with flooding all ready.

Yet again we see displayed publicly the contempt this woman her puppet master brother and their family along with their brown nosing acolyte have for the people of Thailand.I recollect the flood situation in 2011 and the pictures of the sandbag wall and other items surrounding the Thaksin clans property

They didn't have to worry their property was as secure as a ducks anus against the entry of flood water, too bad so many other people in the country suffered losses and then were insulted even further by a piddling 5,000 baht compensation for damage suffered (that's of course after commission payments were made to many of officials who were panhandling handling the cash handout.)

Indeed yet again the Thai people have been well and truly shafted on the sacrificial high altar of the Thaksin clan self serving religion.

Did every one get the promised 5,000 baht at the last flood?

All thai visa users you have to understand that Thaiand is a 3rd world country same as Nigeria etc. what you expect from the Goverment and other Goverment officials etc, if you do not like it go home where you come from.

Yawn, how boring. Another person saying "don't debate anything here, if you don't like it go home",, please try something a little more original. By the way Thailand is NOT a 3rd world country, that would be categorized as a "least developed country", however Thailand is globally recognised as a "developing" country. It's GDP has grown rapidly over the past 10 years and it is technically the second fastest growing country in Asia. It has roads and infrastructure and is the 9th biggest importer into the US. Basically although behind Western countries Thailand is not considered a poor country anymore.

The fact is that the government is believed to be plagued with corruption and that they are not doing enough to protect it's own people (the people they work for, are employed by and answerable to) from the flooding. If you know better then please clarify and then tell us all to go home.

I had to modify it a little bit other than that you hit the nail on the head. I wonder who raimo9310 used to be.

I remember a few years ago when the government said we should not worry about flooding. I also remember needing to evacuate my home about a month later. Their track record is not something I can trust. It seems when they say there is nothing to worry about.......... its time to worry

• Like 1