Is the info on non immigrant "O" visa's outdated?

So I just got my non imm O based on marriage and there were a few things that are listed as requirements here on the TV website that were apparently completely unnecessary. I applied in Vientiane and when I presented the following things they just said, -no we don't need that.

1. Recording interviewing the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife
  2. House’s map
  3. Picture of house and family

So is the TV website outdated or do they just require different things at different embassies in different countries?

Here is what I had to turn in,

Copy of marriage certificate

Copy of wife's ID or passport

Copy of Tabien baan

Copy of bank book showing sufficient funds

Copy of our daughters birth certificate

Copy of daughters passport

That's all they asked for. I should add that I am fluent in thai and I brought my family with me when I went there.

Edited by Dellie

You confused getting a visa with an extension of stay when you looked for info.

Did you get a single entry or multiple entry.

You don't need financial proof for a single entry.

I got multiple entry since I travel in and out of the country very often. Actually been on the visa excemption for 11 years since I always leave within 30 days anyway. work 14 days offshore and then off 28 days in Thailand. However I have been hearing from alot of people lately that they will tighten up on people with too many days on excemption stamps soon so thought it best to get a VISA just incase.

That is a first in a long time that you got a multiple entry in Vientiane you were lucky because they do not normally do them.

There will be no change to 30 days by air. By land for 15 days they are starting to limit them to 4 back to back.

Edited by ubonjoe

That is a first in a long time that you got a multiple entry in Vientiane you were lucky because they do not normally do them. There will be no change to 30 days by air. By land for 15 days they are starting to limit them to 4 back to back.

I made it clear from the beginning that I was only interested in multiple entry. If that was not possible they should cancel the application. The woman asked me why I needed multiple entry. I explained my situtation and she said she would go check (I assume with someone who outranks her). She came back about 10 minutes later to inform me that it would be ok.

They did charge me 5800 THB though. Not sure if that is normal procedure. Seemed pretty expensive just to get multiple entry.