Cheap car for rent for one day and with GPS in Jomtien?

Annonymous

maybe this helps?

Rental infomation Rental office question_mark.gif KW8 (PATTAYA - DUSIT RESORT) Car group question_mark.gif B Start date 2013-09-23 10:00:00 End date 2013-09-24 09:00:00 Use day 1 D Free late return 4 hrs. Car rate (Website Only) 547.66 Rental cost : 547.66 ฿

add in insurance and VAT, it is exactly 800thb and valid for 1 day.

about the GPS, not sure, but i would think they can offer/give one.

this is AVIS, Pattaya.

use your seach for this. rate is online booking only.

:)

maybe this helps?

Rental infomation Rental office question_mark.gif KW8 (PATTAYA - DUSIT RESORT) Car group question_mark.gif B Start date 2013-09-23 10:00:00 End date 2013-09-24 09:00:00 Use day 1 D Free late return 4 hrs. Car rate (Website Only) 547.66 Rental cost : 547.66 ฿

add in insurance and VAT, it is exactly 800thb and valid for 1 day.

about the GPS, not sure, but i would think they can offer/give one.

this is AVIS, Pattaya.

use your seach for this. rate is online booking only.

smile.png

Thanks! but where is it? "Dusit Resort"? never heard of it, and Google Maps doesn't really know either: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pattaya+dusit+resort&fb=1&hq=dusit+resort&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&t=h&z=12

Thank you!!!

Found it!

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=12.949492,100.884876&spn=0.006535,0.011523&sensor=false&mapclient=jsapi&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=12.949462,100.884794&panoid=QmriY6wS5kdlvEc_5P-zKQ&cbp=12,302.48,,1,-9.56

Just called that number visible in StreeView and the price is 1206 bahts including insurance and GPS, or 1006 bahts with limited insurance and GPS.

No problem to rent for one day only. Deposit is 20 000 baht via credit card.

They don't seem to know the opening hours for the Pattaya branch thought...

I think I'd prefer to rent anywhere else where the deposit is only 7 or 8000 bahts, cause 20 000 bahts seems like the insurance is bullshit!

hi

as i said, find Avis Thailand website.

it is obviously ( Website only) cheaper to book online...according to the site it is 800thb/day with the insurance.

go for it!

there is other similar well known international car rentals, google!

however, as i recall most rental will ask deposit, variable amount...but i had met some asking or 30.000...

nevertheless, a big international company might still be a better chance to get back your deposit, than a maybe shady private/small rental.

about 2 yrs ago i rented a pickup in Pattaya for 2 months....all paid ahead.

after about a month, we were abroad for a family trip for a week, the owner went to report the car stolen in the police...finding out this when we got back...

they forgot that they rent out for 2 months not one...written contract, not to mention money paid...so, since we didnt answer the phone...

NOT the way you like to drive home from the airport, passing 3 police road checks, hoping they wont get you out and incarcerate as a car stealer. and the owner on top was reluctant to go to police first, 'cos they will say she is stupid!! <deleted>!

now, this wont happen probably with a reputable rental!

Edited by tingtong

hi

as i said, find Avis Thailand website.

it is obviously ( Website only) cheaper to book online...according to the site it is 800thb/day with the insurance.

go for it!

is it against forum rules to post links?

http://www.avisthailand.com/EN/booking.php

Apparently the 800 baht price is without GPS and I don't see an option to add it when booking online.