Sick family stories in Thailand

IrishIvan

This is just a bit of a tip for everyone out there suffering the same crap.

I got so sick of the Mia Noi making up stories about sick family members that I actually got a Thai friend to help me. I got her to draw up a health insurance policy to cover the entire immediate family of my gik. Total cost: 27900 baht. It is the best investment I have ever made.

We now have a much more honest relationship. I recommend others in my situation to do the same.

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good tip! You're an ideas man!

Are we talking Kik or Mia Noi? Not that it makes alot of difference, just interested.

I am in between Kiks right now, but I have filed this in the back of my brain for future reference.

• Like 1

Wonder why the friend didnt mention the 30 baht scheme and free medical treatment for Thais.

Yes the 30 baht scheme is only for Thais that have jobs. As my Mia Nois family is all unemployed I have to pay the top rate. Also the nature of their illnesses warrants high health cover. Cancer, heart transplants, replaced kidneys. You get my drift. Its never a simple flu in Isaarn

• Like 1

Wonder why the friend didnt mention the 30 baht scheme and free medical treatment for Thais.

Yes the 30 baht scheme is only for Thais that have jobs. As my Mia Nois family is all unemployed I have to pay the top rate. Also the nature of their illnesses warrants high health cover. Cancer, heart transplants, replaced kidneys. You get my drift. Its never a simple flu in Isaarn

I agree, private medical insurance is necessary.

However, on my last Non-O visa I got issued a Thai Medical Card on the 30 Baht a day programme by the local hospital.

It might be helpful if you re-read the thread, but this time stick your tongue firmly in your cheek

This is just a bit of a tip for everyone out there suffering the same crap.

^ Nothing to do with the comment

I got so sick of the Mia Noi making up stories about sick family members that I actually got a Thai friend to help me. I got her to draw up a health insurance policy to cover the entire immediate family of my gik. Total cost: 27900 baht. It is the best investment I have ever made.

We now have a much more honest relationship. I recommend others in my situation to do the same.

Mia Noi - Mistress / second wife / second gf..

Iuno... Tell me what I need to re-read?

The guy, set up a contract, built in such a way a girls family will directly benefit from him, and he is happy with this outcome because she will be far more honest with him..

Iuno mate.... Seems like I said it pretty straight and direct... Unless that post was not directed towards me? (If not, this is why you should use quotes)...

If you really do feel ive gotten something wrong... Please explain smile.png

Or, are you just shitty because you have a similar setup with a different TG? lol

Edited by x0r1987

Let's see, Ivan didn't really buy a policy, his tongue is very firmly fixed into his cheek, but then I could be wrong and you are entirely correct, if so, there really is no hope.

Sorry.. I did not realize that is what you were implying..

IM rather new to posting, but have been reading a while... Cant say this is obvious sarcasm to me... I would expect some emotions, or something to indicate a joke... Plus, a quite speciifc number was provided, and a fairly detailed story considering the context..

If it is sarcasm... Sorry 100%.... But I would ask to throw in a tongue.png or 555 ...

Even if it is sarcasm though.... Does not take a person long to realize people out there really do this shit.... :-/

Edited by x0r1987

You have it 100% wrong

30 bht scheme is for low income, children and the unemployed.

Anyone working for a registered company is provided with health insurance under a different private scheme paid for by their employer, costs about 400bht a month.

Cancer, heart transplants, replacement kidneys, is high end medical care not usually provided for normal people in third world countries (or the USA), unless they are very rich.

The family are all unemployed ???

Best to find your self a family,, who are working,, or who are not afraid to work, to earn there own money.

No wonder they are all unemployed, when they got,,, IDIOT ,,,falang around to pay for every thing wai.gif

• Like 2

Hey, IrishIvan, like your sense of humour. And inventive approach.

But what about buffaloes? I hear they get sick too...laugh.png

I think bupa offer buffalo life insurance. But it doesnt cover hit and runs or dental work

But that policy does cover prosthetic legs for buffalos - the exception being if they're used for water-skiing.

post-124914-0-56990100-1379808478_thumb.

Great idea IrishIvan.

Can you get one month health policies for any future Gik's family? Save a few baht just in case things don't work out

Yeah, or if the policy is transferable from Gik to Gik, I'm definitely interested.

• Like 1

no it's not. Its for low or no income families.

At the OP: which do you have, mia noi or kik?

And do you actually know what a kik is?

FYI just in case: they're not the same.

Most (Thai) guys would not spend that on a kik.

Anyway, so now you will annually pay Baht 27,900 for health insurance until......???

Their next point on the agenda will be......transportation to doctor/hospital.

At the OP: which do you have, mia noi or kik?

And do you actually know what a kik is?

FYI just in case: they're not the same.

Most (Thai) guys would not spend that on a kik.

Anyway, so now you will annually pay Baht 27,900 for health insurance until......???

Their next point on the agenda will be......transportation to doctor/hospital.

No sorry I dont know what the difference is. Please enlighten me

• Like 1