What's God ever done for us?

sustento

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT I've attended a few Jewish services in my life and some Cantors can sing and move a congregation - perhaps other members would like to hear, if I knew the names I'd post them.

I did not mean only Jews. There are many world religions that have music and also secular people enjoy music that is spiritual and inspiring in nature.

I love this song.

Edited by Dancealot

You understand very well what this topic is about. If you don't appreciated it, let us others enjoy it. Thanks.

I actually don't whether you believe it or not. My specific question about the Christian aspect wasn't really definitively answered and it was a sincere question. So I am assuming it is not limited to Christian stuff based on the non-answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPxwyOCsnZ4

• Like 1

So ... now for something completely different.

I hope this is not to long a bow to draw?

God -> Christ -> Christmas -> Carols -> Thailand

Crap technique by the cameraman (me) I know.

Considering the situation ... I was really into it ... loved the feeling.

• Like 1

Here is a tune that should fit in topic, it is little bit gay (I think) and it is Christmas song, so you know for sure it's got baby Jesus right in it. And it's a Russian tune, in Pattaya we all embrace Russian culture, so next time you find yourself in Russian karaoke establishment, you be able to sing along. Enjoy, and thank me later!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_rmLmrCv6E

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1

Fransicus/quote: Tell me, when god looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person.

How cool is that. The first engagig and progressive pope. smile.png

he is smart, in order to keep his cult alive, he knows he needs to adjust. If he was progressive, he'd denounce this charade, and dismantle it.

Rome was not built in one day!

God is responsible for many suicide deaths of gay teens.

If God doesn't exist, he can't be responsible.....can he/she?

Whether he exists or not is irrelevant. The churches exist, and the Christian communities exist. I don't know whether any god makes people commit suicides, but I know that social environments do.

No it's not. It's a major factor in whether he is responsible or not.
I don't believe he exists, so for me he can't possibly be responsible, that would be ridiculous.

Whether he exists or not is irrelevant. The churches exist, and the Christian communities exist. I don't know whether any god makes people commit suicides, but I know that social environments do.

...I don't believe he exists, so for me he can't possibly be responsible, that would be ridiculous.

Reminds me of the Thai janitor I knew who didn't believe in the precautions about water and electricity. Threw a frayed cord into a puddle of water he was standing in, and he is not with us any more. One's belief does not change reality. Yup, it can work both ways.

No it's not. It's a major factor in whether he is responsible or not.
I don't believe he exists, so for me he can't possibly be responsible, that would be ridiculous.

You are making my point: for you, he does not exist. At the same time, Christian communities say that being gay is bad. For the people affected by - or living in - these communities, it does not matter whether he exists, they get the harsh penalty of the communities.

Hope that this is suitable for this thread.

Pretty amazing how one man's voice and some ingenious mixing can be brought together to make this track/hymn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSX7PXEoyLA

Thanks. That is stunning.

Not many songs give me goose bumps (happens about once every 2-3 years). This one did it.

There seem to be two parallel threads here - musical and religious. I'll stick to the boring religious one!

Taking the original question at face value and assuming we're talking about the mainstream Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity (and Baha'i, I suppose) rather than any other "God", their adherents would say that God created all of "us" and gave "us" all free will - the rest is down to "us", so if "we" (the human race) decide to make life unpleasant for ourselves that's "our" choice and "our" fault, nobody else's, and its up to "us" to change attitudes, views and, at least where possible, religions. Some are more open to change than others, but the likes of Archbishop Tutu (and the Pope, although its early days for him) make it clear that change is possible.

Assuming for the sake of argument that there is a "God", I can think of lots of things I wish he had NOT done for "us" such as not creating mosquitoes, polio, MS, typhoons, etc, but little I wish he had done for either the human race or for "us" gays - any interference there would mean either a lack of free will or a bunch of clones and I for one am quite happy with the way I am and being responsible for at least some of that. If "God" made me gay, then I'm quite happy with that and I don't have any regrets or issues about what he did.

I wish some people didn't drive so badly, had more consideration for others, had a wash more often, spoke English, etc, etc, but that would mean changing the way we are and I think that's up to "us" not to some higher power (human or otherwise).

Assuming, again, that there is a "God" I wonder what anyone would like him (or her) to have done for "us" gays that we can't do for ourselves?

(Note: I should make it clear that where I say 'ourselves ... "our" choice and our" fault', etc, I mean "us" the human race in general in that context, NOT '"us" gays'.)

There seem to be two parallel threads here - musical and religious. I'll stick to the boring religious one!

Taking the original question at face value and assuming we're talking about the mainstream Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity (and Baha'i, I suppose) rather than any other "God", their adherents would say that God created all of "us" and gave "us" all free will - the rest is down to "us", so if "we" (the human race) decide to make life unpleasant for ourselves that's "our" choice and "our" fault, nobody else's, and its up to "us" to change attitudes, views and, at least where possible, religions. Some are more open to change than others, but the likes of Archbishop Tutu (and the Pope, although its early days for him) make it clear that change is possible.

Assuming for the sake of argument that there is a "God", I can think of lots of things I wish he had NOT done for "us" such as not creating mosquitoes, polio, MS, typhoons, etc, but little I wish he had done for either the human race or for "us" gays - any interference there would mean either a lack of free will or a bunch of clones and I for one am quite happy with the way I am and being responsible for at least some of that. If "God" made me gay, then I'm quite happy with that and I don't have any regrets or issues about what he did.

I wish some people didn't drive so badly, had more consideration for others, had a wash more often, spoke English, etc, etc, but that would mean changing the way we are and I think that's up to "us" not to some higher power (human or otherwise).

Assuming, again, that there is a "God" I wonder what anyone would like him (or her) to have done for "us" gays that we can't do for ourselves?

(Note: I should make it clear that where I say 'ourselves ... "our" choice and our" fault', etc, I mean "us" the human race in general in that context, NOT '"us" gays'.)

Gay has nothing to do with the invoked discussion.

You dont have to stigmatise yourself because you feel more comfortable postig on a gay section of a forum. In fact you are a person like everyone else. No need to manifest yourself by affirming you have been put into a box.

Edited by Dancealot