What's God ever done for us?

sustento

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started the thread to introduce a little music into the gay forum. If you have some music that you think we'd appreciate then post it. If you're not interested then please don't read it. Scott seems to think it's an acceptable thread. Don't try to make it into something it's not.

Music is a VERY big subject, that's all. It would be helpful in my opinion to narrow it down.

Music is indeed a broad topic, allow me to add, this thread hit me. I lost an Aunt last week and there was a family Christening over the week end, back home - obviously I didn't attend and my heart was heavy thinking about family and friends in Church celebrating (as they say now) the end of one life and the beginning of another life. A thread in the gay forum for gays to post spiritual or moving songs I think is spot on. I like hearing and learning what other gay posters are interested in, it doesn't always have to be about the rights and struggles in some foreign land does it ?

I'd like to see more topics about books we've read, music, pets, cooking, travel, romance et al, the ladies forum and others certainly have a broad range of topics.

Now back to the music, no Cher or Bette Midler please :)

So following the assertion in the OP, does that mean the Village People's music was inspired by god?

The Young Men's Christian Association certainly was...

I was in the 'Y' for 6 years as a voluntary youth leader ... boy did I hate dislike intensely that song.

That said ... it did keep the organisation in the public limelight for many a year.

Nice thread ... I'm a fan.

When you did the initial posts I was desperately looking for something from the Galway Cathedral from the times when I lived in Ireland.

I was there when they did Handels Messiah ... WOW

So I will call upon your imagination ...

Imagine this place ...

291648.jpg

With this being sung

Goosebumps ...

• Like 1

OK. So it's spiritual or moving songs? I guess that narrows it down somewhat. Thank you. I think many of our gay anthems are quite moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7XMwBVZ6c&feature=player_detailpage

(I changed the original link of this song because it was just too racy for this forum.)

If the real intention here is to talk about Christian oriented music, please explicitly say so.

Edited by Jingthing

Music is indeed a broad topic, allow me to add, this thread hit me. I lost an Aunt last week

... and I an Uncle, thought that was last year.

I've always thought this had a spiritual side to the song ...

JT ... I really think your song above is not in the flavour of the OP

... maybe you could start an OP entitled 'gay anthems'

I don't totally get it then. Those were Christian songs. Only Christian songs are welcome here, or not? If so, I think non-Christians would appreciate that being stated explicitly. You know this kind of topic reminds me of an issue that gay people in general face, social assumption of heterosexuality. Is there some kind of assumption of Christian orientation here?

Edited by Jingthing

So following the assertion in the OP, does that mean the Village People's music was inspired by god?

The Young Men's Christian Association certainly was...

I was in the 'Y' for 6 years as a voluntary youth leader ... boy did I hate dislike intensely that song.

That said ... it did keep the organisation in the public limelight for many a year.

Nice thread ... I'm a fan.

When you did the initial posts I was desperately looking for something from the Galway Cathedral from the times when I lived in Ireland.

I was there when they did Handels Messiah ... WOW

So I will call upon your imagination ...

Imagine this place ...

291648.jpg

With this being sung

Goosebumps ...

George Frederick is the BIZ!!!

I don't totally get it then. Those were Christian songs. Only Christian songs are welcome here, or not? If so, I think non-Christians would appreciate that being stated explicitly. You know this kind of topic reminds me of an issue that gay people in general face, social assumption of heterosexuality. Is there some kind of assumption of Christian orientation here?

JT I've attended a few Jewish services in my life and some Cantors can sing and move a congregation - perhaps other members would like to hear, if I knew the names I'd post them.

JT I've attended a few Jewish services in my life and some Cantors can sing and move a congregation - perhaps other members would like to hear, if I knew the names I'd post them.

I did not mean only Jews. There are many world religions that have music and also secular people enjoy music that is spiritual and inspiring in nature.

Edited by Jingthing

I did not mean only Jews. There are many world religions that have music and also secular people enjoy music that is spiritual and inspiring in nature.

As Nike says - Just Do It :) Let's be inspired

I don't want to hijack the thread I'm enjoying the videos tremendously and would love to hear more ....

As Nike says - Just Do It smile.png Let's be inspired

I don't want to hijack the thread I'm enjoying the videos tremendously and would love to hear more ....

OK. This might be a first for a gay forum.

Solidarity to all the gay Muslim brothers and sisters in world. Peace.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

OK. So it's spiritual or moving songs? I guess that narrows it down somewhat. Thank you. I think many of our gay anthems are quite moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7XMwBVZ6c&feature=player_detailpage

(I changed the original link of this song because it was just too racy for this forum.)

If the real intention here is to talk about Christian oriented music, please explicitly say so.

You understand very well what this topic is about. If you don't appreciated it, let us others enjoy it. Thanks.

• Like 1

God is responsible for many suicide deaths of gay teens.

If God doesn't exist, he can't be responsible.....can he/she?

Whether he exists or not is irrelevant. The churches exist, and the Christian communities exist. I don't know whether any god makes people commit suicides, but I know that social environments do.

You understand very well what this topic is about. If you don't appreciated it, let us others enjoy it. Thanks.

I actually don't whether you believe it or not. My specific question about the Christian aspect wasn't really definitively answered and it was a sincere question. So I am assuming it is not limited to Christian stuff based on the non-answer.

Edited by Jingthing