What's God ever done for us?

sustento

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be so but it's not a piece of religious music...

In any case, I like the way you post and respond. Your relegious pieces do not affect me. Instead in comparison i'd like to share this componist who has the power to oust his feelings of sadeness and happyness in a mere piano performance.

notice how football players sometimes look up in the sky and point finger, thanking god after they score, but they never take an issue with god, when they miss, and most of the the time they miss.

or when Hussein Bolt makes this gesture with fingers and points to heaven before a race. If it is in gods hands, why does he train for 6 hrs a day, why not simply leave it up to god.

or when at Grammys rappers and other singers go 'First of all I'd like to thank god'. It is funny almost.

• Like 1

If one of those didn't affect you then you have a heart made of stone no matter your religion...

I'm an anti-theist, so I don't give a monkey's about the religious references. But the music ... wow! You might argue that religious inspiration created the music, but IMO the music would have been created regardless.

God is responsible for many suicide deaths of gay teens.

No, it's the Christian church and how people interpret the Bible. I don't think that has anything to do with God.

Turns out Pope Frances wants to change that culture to the better.

Anyway, this music (which I like) was not made by God, and has nothing to do with being gay. Why, I wonder, is this thread in the gay forum?

Edited by onthemoon
  • Like 1

Fransicus/quote: Tell me, when god looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person.

How cool is that. The first engagig and progressive pope. smile.png

he is smart, in order to keep his cult alive, he knows he needs to adjust. If he was progressive, he'd denounce this charade, and dismantle it.

Here's some more God music. It's God music because it was written by people inspired by the Christian religion and it's in the gay forum because not all Christians are phobes. It's also here because I like it. It's about time we had a bit of music in the gay forum. If it's inappropriate I'm happy to see it closed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CNQXQKflJNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2nH3fKH10oM

• Like 2

Here's some more God music. It's God music because it was written by people inspired by the Christian religion and it's in the gay forum because not all Christians are phobes. It's also here because I like it. It's about time we had a bit of music in the gay forum. If it's inappropriate I'm happy to see it closed.

Great songs, sustentothumbsup.gif , especially Mayfield. He's one of my favourites.

• Like 1

If one of those didn't affect you then you have a heart made of stone no matter your religion..

Or more likely Religious Classical music is not your thing!

Have you listened to any of the vids I've posted from beginning to end? It won't take but a very little time out of your life and it might give you a buzz!

Great songs, sustentothumbsup.gif , especially Mayfield. He's one of my favourites.

The Queen of Soul thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Fransicus/quote: Tell me, when god looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person.

Here's the 'progressive' pope:

Pope Francis Excommunicates Australian Priest Who Advocated For Gay Marriage

Edited by valgehiir

Here's the 'progressive' pope:

Pope Francis Excommunicates Australian Priest Who Advocated For Gay Marriage

I didn't start this thread to talk about religious leaders. I started it to talk about music.

• Like 2