What's God ever done for us?

sustento

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An off-topic post has been deleted.

I think the OP is about music and is not really too much of a discussion thread. This is the gay forum and a general discussion of religion would not be appropriate.

An off-topic post has been deleted.

I think the OP is about music and is not really too much of a discussion thread. This is the gay forum and a general discussion of religion would not be appropriate.

Except the title of the OP!

Sometimes you actually have to look at the original post and see what it is about.

The title of this Thread should had being, "What has god done for as lately" because it seems to me, that he ignored us for hundreds of thousands of years, then he showed up a couple of thousand years ago to an insignificant place in the world, told some things to a couple of shepherds, and skipped town again, leaving us here to write songs and beg him to come back.

So many heathens to be smited,yet nothing, so much polluted water to be turned to vine, but not even soda. He did try to punish New Orleans for its excesses , but I guess his aim must be getting bad , because the only area that was not damaged was the gay area.

I guess he must really not like the music.........

Life is what you make it, thats what i believe..

Never been a believer of God or religion, but respect others who do..

Just treat people how you would like to be treated, and smile and just enjoy life....

Make the most of it, we never know when its going to be over..

Love and Peace and Respect to us All...

All these wonderful pieces of music have no relation to the title of this thread. "God" didn't create any of them, man did, in the same way man invented religions.

Supergeil!

This is an ad of EDEKA, probably the biggest (at least one of the biggest) supermarket chains in Germany. The ad is currently going viral in Germany (bestr thing that could ever happen to the ad agency that created it), but I am surprised to see it's viral internationally now!

I am not going to translate or explain (you cannot really translate) the word 'supergeil', though.

That man is going to be an international star. It's going GANGNAM.

You mean we should buy shares in the ad agency who hired him right now?

More like mark my words, he's heading to Hollywood and nobody will care if he only speaks German. That man is a comedy God! He's what the world didn't know it needed but now he has arrived to save and fulfill all of humanity! The fact that he's an older fatty only makes this better. I'm in awe! Get me a cigarette now and I don't even smoke!

Edited by Jingthing

That man is going to be an international star. It's going GANGNAM.

You mean we should buy shares in the ad agency who hired him right now?

More like mark my words, he's heading to Hollywood and nobody will care if he only speaks German. That man is a comedy God! He's what the world didn't know it needed but now he has arrived to save and fulfill all of humanity! The fact that he's an older fatty only makes this better. I'm in awe! Get me a cigarette now and I don't even smoke!

I'll mark your words. In the meantime, please tell me you remember his name (without looking it up right now).

My take on it: It's not comedy but acting if you only sing the words they give you.

Edited by onthemoon

You're obviously wrong.

Without this particular SUPERSTAR the ad would be NOTHING.

I'm not sure what's happening here:

1.) This song came first, and he sold it for an ad campaign.

2.) The ad campaign came first, he is just the performer and somehow got the rights to use it for himself.

All these wonderful pieces of music have no relation to the title of this thread. "God" didn't create any of them, man did, in the same way man invented religions.

The title of this thread didn't imply that god had created anything. Most of the music that I've posted was written by people whose belief in god inspired them to write it. Without his belief in god GF Handel wouldn't have anything to base 'Messiah' on. Allegri wouldn't have been able to write the Miserere. Belief in god (whether you believe in him or not (I don't don't)) inspired these pieces of music. That's where 'What's God ever done for us' came from.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And this,.. praise the lord.

I think I'm going to be sick.

There's a brown paper bag in the back of the seat in front of you...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...