Worms in mango tree

Manassas

Cut off the affected branches. Go to garden markets and get a sprayer & chemical for mango; mix and spray the trunks and branches. These type of insects attack many species of trees here. This from my Thai wife. There is also an anti-fungal that we apply 2 times per year and it comes as a pelleted compound, blue in color ( can't recall the tradename as I'm writing) you can find it at the garden markets.

• Like 2

What pizzachang stated is correct...the critters are grubs that grow into a greenish

tinted beetle and the grubs love to eat the inner wood of the mango tree. When you

cut the infected branches make sure you paint over the cut (plain old black spray paint

is good) on the tree. Also check for any holes in that tree side cut, if there is then you

may have to fell the entire tree. When your tree's bear fruit & the fruit is still green

be sure to cover the fruit with newspaper or a plastic bag to keep to keep insects

& birds from destroying said fruit...make sure the covering is open a bit at the bottom

or the fruit will rot on the tree.

• Like 1

Cut off the affected branches. Go to garden markets and get a sprayer & chemical for mango; mix and spray the trunks and branches. These type of insects attack many species of trees here. This from my Thai wife. There is also an anti-fungal that we apply 2 times per year and it comes as a pelleted compound, blue in color ( can't recall the tradename as I'm writing) you can find it at the garden markets.

Thanks for the tip! I'm pretty sure it is a grub rather than termite. Any idea what the chemical for mango is called? Or is it a generic pest chemical? I am hoping to use minimal chemicals on the fruit trees.