yes, daily at 19:30hrs, arrival in PEN 22:15hrs

Flight# TG-429/MH9089 (code sharing)

return flight (PEN-BKK)

depart PEN 08:40hrs, arrival in BKK 09:20hrs

Flight# TG-430/MH9090 (code sharing)

opalhort

BTW. its PenAng - not Peneng!

is there a direct flight from BKK to peneng

Another option is take early morning flight to Hat Yai and then take share taxi to Consulate in Penang, submit passport. Next day receive passport/return in same taxi and take night flight BKK. Believe possible to do in two days rather than the 4 days the direct flight takes if time is short.

Consulate hours, unless recently changed, are 0900-1200 for visa applications and 1400-1600 for pickup.

Apply in the morning day one, and pick up in the afternoon day 2. Check so there is no Thai or Malaysian public hoildays, because the Thai consulate will be closed.

Get there early, they open at 9.00 am and they only accept applications up until noon. You then return the following day at 2.00 pm to collect your Passport.

Also check for Christian holidays as they were closed at Xmas last year, despite their supposed religion(s).

If you fly Thai Airways, you will have to fly out in the morning the day following picking up your Passport, as Opalhort kindly pointed out.

Please let us know how you get on.

For what it's worth, have a look at a trip report I wrote not too long ago.

I am sure there must be an easier way of quoting the link (anyone tell me how please, I'm too lazy to find out for myself!) but this should get you there or thereabouts:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4065&hl=

Have a good trip. :o