Blue eyed Thai

fredd

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My kudos on cute kid too - those are great eyes!

Now on to an aside about  hair color  - what are the odds of a red haired daughter as it take two recessive genes to make that? - I'm farang with Irish ancestry so red hair it is not unusual. My Thai wife has some Chinese ancestry way back but no info on any past relative with red hair

Posted Image

[Our daughter is now 3 yrs old]

That's just topped blue eyes! She does not look Thai besides the eye shape.

That is indeed very rare. And they are going to stay blue. Be proud.

What should blue eyes instill pride in a parent? (I mean...outside of some White Supremacist survivalist compound.)

(Gorgeous baby, OP.)

It's not us (Farangs) that go ga ga with fair skinned, blue coloured eyes babies.

It's the Thai Lassies.

• Like 1

Dark eyes are dominate,the chances of a baby inheriting blue eyes from a blue eyed Farang and a Thai are very slim, we've all heard of a white couple producing a very dark or a black baby, then apon investigation they find a distant relative, ex gt grand father was black. I also recall two black couples in the UK who produced negro featured children with with skin, so there are always exceptions.

Looks like everyone here is going to have movie stars to support them in their later years...

There's actually that possibility due to the Thais obsession with luk kreung on the screen.

How many here have already noticed how much attention half half children get in Thailand? We get stopped all over the place with girls and ladies wanting to touch my daughter. I get the ooh she's lovely here in Australia but nothing like in Thailand. Its crazy.

I also know a couple of blue eyed adult Thais with no apparent farang influence.

When I first met them I couldn't figure out what was so striking about them, until it dawned on me that their eyes were blue!

Probably most are just wearing colored contact lenses ... coffee1.gif

Blue eyes is caused by a recessive gene. Both parents must carry the gene in order for the child to have blue eyes. It is possible for the parents to have brown eyes, because brown is a dominant gene. However, they must both carry the recessive blue gene to pass it to the child.

That's true in most cases, but not always. "The once-held view that blue eye color is a simple recessive trait has been shown to be incorrect."

Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

Genetically speaking the eyes will change to either green or most probably brown.

So take tons of snap shots to remember the occasion.... The main thing is.. Thank God your baby is healthy... and enjoy the special moments, congrats !

I was born with blue eyes Now in my adult life I have Green Eyes

Go figure

Light eyes are light sensitive

If your falang then we are all born with blue eyes.

Hmm, read this ten times and I still don't get it.

Can someone enlighten me?

Go figure

Hmm, read this ten times and I still don't get it.

Can someone enlighten me?

My post? Western children are born with blue eyes that change color or stay blue. Light eyes being light sensitive is something I've never heard of. Not saying it's not true just first I've ever heard.

Go figure

My sisters and I were born with blue eyes, they still have them but I have sunflower eyes giggle.gif , yellowy/hazel flowers and green around the outside, we put it down to the place l was conceived whistling.gif ............laugh.png

I'm going to tell you a story about a hunter: One day a hunter went to the forest and all of a sudden a big bear appear out of nowhere, so this hunter grab his rifle and tried to aim to the bear but then he realized that he's holding an umbrella and then the bear just collapsed and died due to gun shot.

So what do you think guys? why did the bear died? so it means someone shot the bear.

That's how I explain the blue eyed baby.

This is just a joke. coffee1.gif

They will not last. They will turn darker. Sorry.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, after 16 months it is pretty set.

My son had blue-like eyes when he was born.

I was told that the final color would appear after 4-6 months.

I was hoping it would stay, but it didn't.

Most look-krueng I've seen have darker eyes, despite the, usually, farang male

having light colored eyes.

So I would guess it is a bit exceptional.

You are correct. Most babies have blue eyes when they are born but the true color sets in after a month. at 16 months, your son's blue-ish eyes are indeed set and a rarity for Look Kreung.

I'm going to tell you a story about a hunter: One day a hunter went to the forest and all of a sudden a big bear appear out of nowhere, so this hunter grab his rifle and tried to aim to the bear but then he realized that he's holding an umbrella and then the bear just collapsed and died due to gun shot.

So what do you think guys? why did the bear died? so it means someone shot the bear. 

That's how I explain the blue eyed baby.

This is just a joke. Posted Image

That made no sense what so ever.

Whats going on here ? You all trying to destroy this place, you are all supposed to be miserable boring losers and complaining bitching old farts! and here you all are cooing over a baby !!! ( she is beautiful agreed) c'mon guys this aint right you'll have people believing you are actually normal family guys etc which is not acceptable and will destroy TV reputation....NOW STOP THIS PLEASE! can we restore order.

• Like 2