Thousands arrested in Pattaya Crime Crackdown Operation

webfact

That's approximately 102 cases, and 136 arrests per day.

I find it hard to believe the Pattaya BIB could be this active in between ripping off motorcyclists and drinking coffee. They probably included parking tickets in their statistics gathering, if indeed the numbers are legitimate.

Why do you say ripping off motorcyclists? It is the LAW to wear a helmet.

The law, don;t make me laugh. The highest incidents of law breaking happens on a daily basis by those impowered to uphold the law.

Not wearing a helmet is indeed rather stupid in this dangerous and lawless society, however, motorcyclists suffer from many more tribulations than headgear. They are an easy and soft target.

dangerous and lawless society stop being such a pussy !!! yes there is crime in pattaya , but stop making it sound like iraq

• Like 1

Actually I see a lot of people complain about the police, but my experience in Pattaya (and indeed most of Thailand with exception of a few places in Bangkok) has always been that if you are abiding by the law then they don't bother you.

Certainly as a motorist I have never had a problem in Pattaya. Sure if you ride a motorcycle without a helmet then you must expect to be fined.. don't blame the police for that!

Agree. Do not commit a crime and everything is fine!!!.. If you want to ride a motorbike, get a licence, wear a helmet and carry your registration. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

Actually I see a lot of people complain about the police, but my experience in Pattaya (and indeed most of Thailand with exception of a few places in Bangkok) has always been that if you are abiding by the law then they don't bother you.

Certainly as a motorist I have never had a problem in Pattaya. Sure if you ride a motorcycle without a helmet then you must expect to be fined.. don't blame the police for that!

Agree. Do not commit a crime and everything is fine!!!.. If you want to ride a motorbike, get a licence, wear a helmet and carry your registration. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

yes, and its made even easier in Thailand because you dont even have to do the strap up on the helmet

I find it hard to believe the Pattaya BIB could be this active in between ripping off motorcyclists and drinking coffee. They probably included parking tickets in their statistics gathering, if indeed the numbers are legitimate.

Well ripping off a motor cycle was exactly what a Pattaya Police Officer tried with my wife's Yamaha Fino.

Luckily by the time my solicitor had finished with him his face was more melted off than just lost.

Well ripping off a motor cycle was exactly what a Pattaya Police Officer tried with my wife's Yamaha Fino.

Luckily by the time my solicitor had finished with him his face was more melted off than just lost.

calimotty - can you give us more info? May be some lessons for us if he actually tried to nick the Fino.