Chiangmai mayor's uncle die of heart attack at 55 - ice water could be one of the causes

eden8

Been here in CM for 2 months or so now.. what i observe from thai lifestyle is they will usually have water with ice , pretty often. For leisure or along with their lunch/dinner.

However, this kind of habit can lead to failure of your organs faster...

Drinking Cold water after a meal = Cancer!

Can u believe this? For those who like to drink cold water, this applies to you. It's nice to have a cold drink after a meal, however, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you've just consumed, which
slows digestion. Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer.. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

post-178245-0-01734100-1379898126_thumb.

After reading your post I think governments should force watersellers to put a warning on the bottle: caution: "water can kill you!"

you need water with ICE / extreme cold water to accomplish the task..

i think it is better to be aware than don't know about it...

If it is really a false claim, then continue with the habit....

the choice is up to individual..

smile.png

Edited by eden8

It's the bloody ice that restaurants put in my beer that i'm pissed off about. Every time i order beer the numptys want to fill my glass first with lumps of frozen water. You can go to the same place a dozen times and get served by the same numpty but they never remember NOT to put ice in your glass first.

Common problem i know but just having a Monday morning rant.

I've heard of that before. How could oil solidify inside a human body. I have to wait overnight for the cooking palm oil to solidify on the top of my food. Cold water absorb faster and increase metabolism you need cold water.

the cold water will solidify the oily stuff

fear mongering and misleading threads like these deserved to be closed. just think about it, it defies logic. this doesnt even leave any room for logical arguments. just as much as earth being 6000 years old. and even so. how does it link from intestines to the heart? at least have some basic decency and respect for the mayor instead of some senseless speculation

Edited by lachiplo

You never know what you'll be informed of on this Forum - amazing!

Indeed. The "info" in the OP is complete BUNK!

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/coldwater.asp

Thank god. I thought I would have to drink hot white wine with my meal. I suppose I could have tried sake. Do the Japanese avoid all this because they drink their sake hot?

It's the bloody ice that restaurants put in my beer that i'm pissed off about. Every time i order beer the numptys want to fill my glass first with lumps of frozen water. You can go to the same place a dozen times and get served by the same numpty but they never remember NOT to put ice in your glass first.

That's the only way I can drink most beers in Thailand. When they get warm they're usually nothing short of horse piss.

biggrin.png

That's the only way I can drink most beers in Thailand. When they get warm they're usually nothing short of horse piss.

biggrin.png

You might want to look at drinking any thing close to horse piss as long as it is chilled being OK.whistling.gif

I will take your word for it I have no idea and don't want to have one of what horse piss tastes like.tongue.png

People actually believe that crap?

Do you actually stop and think how warm your body is inside? Must be a total idiot to think ice and water will remain cold enough to congeal fat.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well I agree with you on that point.

Would you not agree with me that water and ice that cold could be a shock to some of your organs.

Not that I do it but I was told to drink room temperature water by a practitioner of Thai medicine.

People actually believe that crap?

Do you actually stop and think how warm your body is inside? Must be a total idiot to think ice and water will remain cold enough to congeal fat.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well I agree with you on that point.

Would you not agree with me that water and ice that cold could be a shock to some of your organs.

Not that I do it but I was told to drink room temperature water by a practitioner of Thai medicine.

"Brainfreeze" is the biggest danger, odd that it only seems to come from slushy icy type concoctions.