Thai school teacher kingdom? or just where is the limit one should take?

tingtong

Hi

The place: small town government school, recently.

Kid comes home like this:

Question:

Should one take this as normal?

Would it be the job of a bully or a teacher?

How long is the limit to turn a blind eye, and take something as normal?

If you were the partent, what would you do?

Advice greatly appriciated!

post-23105-0-86230100-1379934904_thumb.j

One see's many a Thai teacher hacking away at a child's hair these cretinous teachers attach far more importance to what is on the head that whats in it. They are in the main semi literate and thus regard others in the same fashion.

Photograph, police rport and a visit to the school with full details of your actions take a camera and get a picture of the teacher thug that committed this heinous act.

Some 10 years ago our oldest boy came home in such a state.I went to the scholl fond the teacher and hacked his hair with scissors too, my brother in law was outside the school and the teacher fell off of his motorcycle in his haste to escape and broke a few bones.

Strangely enough not one parent or student witnessed the accident so they said, the teacher was fired and has never been seen again.

Our son was remover to another school where he had no problems at all.

yes I was a teacher, still am and I would never approve of the assault on an innocent child by a hair hating thug of a teacher.

Go for the throat tingtong,

I'd probably be up the school with a pair of clippers in hand to do a bit of hairdressing myself. One line straight through the middle of the teachers head that is responsible for this, should do the trick.

actually was my first thought. have a rather large size, use to trim the hedge with it. :)

however try to find a middle ground so, i wont get into a police report, as TIT.

on the other hand i dont have face to lose, and not obliged to the pi-nong system neither and such a teacher is a nobody ( read POS) in my eyes.

• Like 2

Ok, was it actually a teacher that did this ?

Or was it a bully in the playground ?

Or was it that he did it himself smile.png

3 different scenarios and 3 different responses required.

Find out the truth 1st and act accordingly.

the truth:

the teacher did it.

of course my son wouldnt.

nor there is any bullies since 3 yrs ago when moved here...it took a few visits to realise that the teacher wont care a luuk krung p.3 bullied by bunch of p.6....certainly i was in different opinion, so, one morning wait for the kids there in the morning...some promise of broken bones was enough, i think they could picture from my face that i wasnt kidding. no actual beating was done though, but the shaking of the kids were pretty real.

this time a teacher, so, might need a different approach, though still comteplating the haircut way :)

I'd probably be up the school with a pair of clippers in hand to do a bit of hairdressing myself. One line straight through the middle of the teachers head that is responsible for this, should do the trick.

actually was my first thought. have a rather large size, use to trim the hedge with it. smile.png

however try to find a middle ground so, i wont get into a police report, as TIT.

on the other hand i dont have face to lose, and not obliged to the pi-nong system neither and such a teacher is a nobody ( read POS) in my eyes.

You do need the police report...for your own protection.

female teacher.

wife is kind a shy, grown up with respect to the rulers like teacher in school...but i am slightly different in these matters. guess, the farang upbringing?

probably police then school. i might not cut hair, but will drive home tmy opinion about this for future reference.

3 cm isnt really that long.

in my vocab, if there is a problem could send a message to the parents.

after all they have time for morning and afternoon line-up, and other not too important things too.

nope, this must not be the way to handle kids.

as the funny part, the village hair cutter guy must go somewhere this weekend, son tried to get haircut both days, no success. teacher called him a liar. well, the town had another guy, but since i wasnt well the only trip i made was to the hospital this weekend...seemed to be higher priority?

anyway, i am pretty sure it wont happen in the future again, even if he goes with ponytail, which he wont :)

after all they have time for morning and afternoon line-up, and other not too important things too.

as the funny part, the village hair cutter guy must go somewhere this weekend, son tried to get haircut both days, no success. teacher called him a liar. well, the town had another guy, but since i wasnt well the only trip i made was to the hospital this weekend...seemed to be higher priority?

anyway, i am pretty sure it wont happen in the future again, even if he goes with ponytail, which he wont smile.png

It is likely that the teachers did tell the boy and there was no action.

The end of school term is approaching and the students have to get ready by appearance too.

Rightly or wrongly that includes cutting hair. The student broke the rules. That was his punishment. He was likely given many opportunities to cut his hair and he did not. The punishment is a way to get him to do it.

Caning is also very common, some people say it is illegal. Doesn't stop them. Your son wouldn't have been the only pupil to be subjected to this, it is usual in government schools. Maybe you could talk to other parents and see how they feel.

There is a culture of 'I'm alright Jack.' Would it be worth your while to ..stick your neck out, single your son out for 'preferential' treatment in the future?

These schools do a good job to accommodate and control these hormonal kids. How to organise, educate, feed and water 2000 teenagers 8 hrs a day 5 days a week for 40 weeks a year?

Sabai sabai - choose your battles wisely.

anyway, i am pretty sure it wont happen in the future again, even if he goes with ponytail, which he wont smile.png

It is likely that the teachers did tell the boy and there was no action.

The end of school term is approaching and the students have to get ready by appearance too.

Rightly or wrongly that includes cutting hair. The student broke the rules. That was his punishment. He was likely given many opportunities to cut his hair and he did not. The punishment is a way to get him to do it.

happy that you think this was the right action.

but i strongly disagree with you!!

well, if a teacher has a problem with the kid, it is not his/hers to decide to "punish", by humiliation or beating up. hope that was not what your teachers did to you.

also, dont just mistake a school with the military.

yes, was told to cut hair, friday. went to the village to do so both Saturday and Sunday. no luck, the place was closed. telling this he was called a liar.

we didnt go to the city in the weekend as i was sick, the only visit was to the doctor in the night.

the teacher can send the kid home, if not up to "standards", also has full right to complain and point this out to the parents! if needed in words, as we go to pick him up daily in the school. if needed in latter.

you know fully well if such happen in most civilised country, the teacher would be probably in the jail, but definately suspended from the job...

if nothing else, than operation a hair saloon without proper licence smile.png

Edited by tingtong

Caning is also very common, some people say it is illegal. Doesn't stop them. Your son wouldn't have been the only pupil to be subjected to this, it is usual in government schools. Maybe you could talk to other parents and see how they feel.

There is a culture of 'I'm alright Jack.' Would it be worth your while to ..stick your neck out, single your son out for 'preferential' treatment in the future?

These schools do a good job to accommodate and control these hormonal kids. How to organise, educate, feed and water 2000 teenagers 8 hrs a day 5 days a week for 40 weeks a year?

Sabai sabai - choose your battles wisely.

should it be caning, dont worry, it wouldnt be contemplating only to reciprocate the teacher the kindness shown.

once you are a parent, you decide what you tolerate, and what not. kids wont stand much from their right in this brainwash system, only few would. but that is why parents are there, to guide and to protect the kids when they vulnerable.

as to be singled out, and preferential treatment...

he is the only luuk krung in the school, i think i mention we kind a live in the middle of nowhere.

Visit the school.

Has a nice big hedge trimming scissor, took out with me, demonstration.

It did great on that.

Comes line up, comes school start time, no teacher, only the others, this teacher missing.

Coincidence, but had to visit to hospital, or something. Director apologizes few times, and promise it wont happen, while i explain where the teacher's effort should put in better use in the classroom.

Which goes to prove what a pathetic object this teacher thug is. His reign of terror and bully boy tactics is now over.

Remember that the rules concerning the length of a student hair are not mandatory contrary to popular belief.

Teacher are also role models as are parents, if one wishes to be respected as a teacher one has to earn that respect, not strut about like some pathetic object who was expelled from the Gestapo for cruelty hence now that cruelty is practiced on the children in the teachers care.

If one was teaching in the U.K. and pursued the violent assault upon the child (and indeed a good many other countries too) you would by now be fired charged with assault and barred forever with regards to working with young children and young adults or any group of people considered to be at risk. and rightly so too.

I have never agreed with physical violence in school nor ever will. In my grammar schooldays circa 1950- 1961 our master had a wonderful command of the English language and their comments in the classroom were indeed rapier thrusts to ones ego, the system worked without physical violence. Royal Naval officers training college at Dartmouth was indeed an experience, those old chiefs could and did destroy one with their wonderful stock of eloquent sarcastic remarks. however there was respect on all sides.

Remember you are your son's role model.

If he reacts as you have, with his peers, things can turn very ugly. Now he is in for extra attention from everyone at school. Is that a sensible idea? And you haven't resolved anything have you? Just inflamed a minor irritation.

i applaud you to being such a nice dad letting your kid be bullied by anyone, teacher or other kids alike.

unfortunate ( or not) i am not like you!!

yes, i know a dad is the role model for the son.

so, what did he learn today from me?

he learnt to stand up for himself, and his rights, and dont afraid just because that what they try to pre-program into them. there is right and there is wrong, and there is a clear line between it in the school.

as before some pointed out, you doesnt sound to have lots of experience in thai school probably, or your kid/s if have any go for those schools for the privilaged ones. we dont have choice here, only between the government school in the village or the small town.

dont worry about the kid would stand out, as he was and will always here, being the only one with farang dad.

and i dont worry about the teacher dare to pick on him much, not more than before anyway. this little accident will surely guarantee that she will never touch his hair again, i am 100% positive that i made that point today clear.

just a side mention about posted the photo on the net cased (as i heard) an internet search from the teachers after we left, checking if names, school or teacher was mentioned, or official complaint filed yet.

for yoru other question, if i up angry...rather disappointed by the system, the teachers, and the school management in general. classroom time should be spend to teach, not to "punish".

for those he pro-caning too, i just wish whenever they make a mistake, someone beat on them...not sure they will improve though, judging from there sick thinking, but sure the one with the cane/stick will have fun on their expense, and what else matters, right?

• Like 1