Brit v Brit Bar Brawl over unpaid bill in Central Pattaya

webfact

Brit v Brit Bar Brawl over unpaid bill in Central Pattaya

uk-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police were called to a Central Pattaya Beer Bar in the early hours of Monday to deal with the aftermath of a fight between a British Customer and British owner of the Bar over an issue relating to an outstanding bar bill.

Pattaya Police made their way to the Speak Easy Bar in Soi Baukao and met with Khun Gaewalin aged 67 and Mr. Robert Lowe aged 70, the owners of the bar.

Also present was Mr. Jim Margetts aged 34 also from UK. It was clear that both parties had been involved in a fight.

Khun Gaewalin told Police that Mr. Margetts came to the bar with a friend, who left first. When it came time to pay the bill which totaled 5,660 Baht, Mr. Margetts refused to pay and allegedly struck Mr. Lowe after a verbal altercation.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/103579/brit-brit-bar-brawl-unpaid-bill-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-09-24

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sure like to see the bill...

Either a very expensive bar or a pair with a remarkable capacity for alcohol.

I imaging it was the principle and not the amount that was the issue.

Of course, the principle being blown out of all proportion courtesy of both parties being hammered..

Ever heard of lady drinks?

Ah, 'lady drinks'. The scam perpetrated by lowlife scumbags who rely on prey rather than customers?

Yes, I've heard of those.

There is no scam in the theory of buying lady drinks. For the price of a drink you get the company of a lady (or ladyboy if you are so inclined) for as long as it takes her to drink it. Seems like a good deal to me. Yes there are scams but these can easily be avoided if you ask the right questions.

Edited by uty6543
  • Like 1

I am glad to see that not only Russians have alcohol issues.

That's right - most countries sadly have people with alcohol problems. However, there is a difference between those who have succumbed to a dangerous drug and allow it to blight their lives and those who use it for recreation that turns into violent thuggish behaviour.

In either case, it's a somewhat strange reaction to "be glad" that people have issues with alcohol. Schadenfreude ?

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

Ever heard of lady drinks?

Ah, 'lady drinks'. The scam perpetrated by lowlife scumbags who rely on prey rather than customers?

Yes, I've heard of those.

You may have heard of them but you obviously know nothing about them or how the system works.

Not the first person to run up an expensive bar bill - beer, spirits, wines, cocktails, lady drinks, maybe bought some other people drinks,food, etc.

It's easy to loose track and get a shock - especially if he's not used to prices and charges here. Brits often incorrectly assume everything in Thailand is dirt cheap.

However, no excuse to get violent, especially with a 70 year old.

Another quality farang.

• Like 1

I am glad to see that not only Russians have alcohol issues.

That's right - most countries sadly have people with alcohol problems. However, there is a difference between those who have succumbed to a dangerous drug and allow it to blight their lives and those who use it for recreation that turns into violent thuggish behaviour.

In either case, it's a somewhat strange reaction to "be glad" that people have issues with alcohol. Schadenfreude ?

sooner or later, violent thuggish behaviour will definitely blight a life!

You have obviously not endured a Pattaya feeding frenzy... when the girls and serving staff mob a drunk guy who bought a few lady-drinks, and leave him bedraggled, confused and penniless after 4 minutes of 'cheers' and glass tipping!

• Like 1

I'm not hesitant to tab up when out drinking,

but generally I'll pay up every 1,000 baht, in fact last time I was drinking in pattaya was during songkran most of the places I drank at had a straight forward policy as such.

every time you hit 1,000 baht - ish they asked you to pay it, smart business really, makes sure the bill is covered, and the patrons can lose track of what they are spending easier.

much easier to pay 1,000 baht every so often than to pay 3 or 4k - at least psychologically...

• Like 2

Years ago I ran a bar in Pattaya. A customer had a very good time over several hours. Hourly we told him how much his bill was. At the very end of the night, the customer pulled out hundred dollar bills and said "How much is that in real money". Paid the bill and was back in the next evening, and several evenings after that. I saw the customer 2 weeks ago, he asked 'Have you met my son"?

Two guys on vacation with a $180 bar bill, and possibly lady-drinks included.

Maybe big but hardly excessive. Just bad drunks.

the part of this story that stands out is the bill,if two blokes have drank 5660 bht of alcohol

in a beer bar on soi buakhao, well i'm surprised the bar owner could communicate with him?

never mind fight with him, your average beer prices are not over 70bht if that, and that works

out at 80 beers, I know all about lady drinks and shorts and all the other ways your bin can be

inflated, and the young blokes could of gone in the bar at 1pm and stayed till 3am , but with

only knowing what it says in the article, I reckon it wasn't he wouldn't pay the bin more like

he didn't agree to the amount. if anyone knows the prices and wants to correct me please

feel free, as otherwise this place might get renamed the spend easy bar. .