Are you happy with Bmw and Benz Thailand ?

samtab

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine from Millenium in Klongtoey. It's the dealer you can see from Rama 4 a couple of blocks from Lotus.

I was very happy with everything. Compared to buying a BMW in UK I'd say the Thai dealer outperformed it's UK colleagues by a factor of 3 to 1.

Had one and only one BMW in the UK, crap service crap car, from brand new broke down second day with electrical fault, dealer said will bring you another but you will have to pay insurance for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thailand, wouldnt waste my money with the crap roads and sure thing accident at some point. Sorry no info on Thai service but would hope it was arse lickingly good at their prices

Had one and only one BMW in the UK, crap service crap car, from brand new broke down second day with electrical fault, dealer said will bring you another but you will have to pay insurance for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thailand, wouldnt waste my money with the crap roads and sure thing accident at some point. Sorry no info on Thai service but would hope it was arse lickingly good at their prices

So...what you're saying is that you don't have a freaking clue about buying a BMW in Thailand...?

I have never had anything but superb service from Benz dealerships around the country, and never any issues with the cars. My only gripe is the waiting times to take delivery, but that's not unique to Benz. I haven't had a Benz for almost 2 years now, but don't expect anything has changed.

I don't have any personal experience with BMW, but the reports I hear back from friends and colleagues are always positive in regards to service, and generally positive for the cars too - except for those that own 3-series and are now too scared to drive in the rain due to all the reports of puddles killing engines...

My only issue with the BMW dealers is lack of choice, if you want black on black or white on black then you're fine. Ask for any of the individual options and it's just blank stares.

I ended up picking up an Audi from one of the importers in the end.

Happy with BMW.

MB Sathon let me down a number of times prior to purchase, so I cancelled & went with BMW.

Service at Performance Motors was OK, service at German Motors has been exceptional.

I'll buy my next one from them and continue to use them for vehicle service.

I can only talk for BMW. Great car and it is possible to find very qualified service at Barcelona Motor.

I have had mixed experiences at Millenium at Rama 4, but Nelson in Chonburi are good.

I would avoid Rama 4, they do sloppy work and some of the staff have no clue about their own cars they sell.

-Washed my car inside/outside and flooded the carpet but didn´t remove the water, just put the dry floormats over the mess.

-Left ballpen marks on my seat, many horizontal lines like checking a work instruction on it.

-Door trim panel fell off after repair work on the lock system was done. Too lazy to replace the broken plastic clips.

-Water came in at the side where they repaired the locking system. A rubber seal was not in place anymore.

-Lots of broken promises when it comes to puncuality, i can understand that you cannot plan every little thing and that there might be delays, but hat happend all the time and i had to wait a lot. They alwas said they have too much work and couldn´t begin with my car yet, so why did you accept it then??

You can find similar complaints about Rama 4 in Thai forums. I changed my dealer to Rama 3 and now i´m perfectly happy. Everything is the opposite of Rama4, no complaints at all.

I like my BMWs, no major faults or problems. And even if so, you have 5 or 6 years BSI Service inclusive, no worries! Yes the cars are too expensive for what you get, the tax ruins it. Even if the cars a local made, they are still too expensive compared to their real value. Same for Toyota and others BTW!!

Yes the roads in BKK are crap, if i want to enjoy my car i drive to Hua Hin and spend a weekend there. I can open my roof, have some clean air, cruise along, don´t need to fight for parking lots and have a good time. Not as great as the Autobahn or driving through the Alps but better than nothing.

I have never had anything but superb service from Benz dealerships around the country, and never any issues with the cars. My only gripe is the waiting times to take delivery, but that's not unique to Benz. I haven't had a Benz for almost 2 years now, but don't expect anything has changed.

I don't have any personal experience with BMW, but the reports I hear back from friends and colleagues are always positive in regards to service, and generally positive for the cars too - except for those that own 3-series and are now too scared to drive in the rain due to all the reports of puddles killing engi

Didnt realise they had Ranger Engines.w00t.gif

Nah Ford have just pinched some BMW technology thumbsup.gif

Plus of coarse the conspiracy by Toyota, Isuzu and Honda to wipe out the few remnants of competition in Thailand with special flood water that destroys European engines.

Edited by Jitar

I don't have any personal experience with BMW, but the reports I hear back from friends and colleagues are always positive in regards to service, and generally positive for the cars too - except for those that own 3-series and are now too scared to drive in the rain due to all the reports of puddles killing engines...

So it's not a legend that BMW doesn't like water ?

Maybe coincidence but I have never seen any Benz stopped under the rain but I have seen many BMs...

I have friends that have nothing but positive things to say about their cars and service from Chonburi BMW. I was discussing with a salesperson at a car show recently and the dealer was extending the warranty one additional year, from 5 to 6 years. MB was still 3 years, just like my Toyota.

I have friends that have nothing but positive things to say about their cars and service from Chonburi BMW. I was discussing with a salesperson at a car show recently and the dealer was extending the warranty one additional year, from 5 to 6 years. MB was still 3 years, just like my Toyota.

BSI is a good program, but you pay for it... Ask how much discount you can get if you don't take BSI and instead take a normal 3 year warranty - I've heard of people saving up to 250K Baht by foregoing BSI.

You can skip the BSI? Interesting, never heard of that. Maybe a good choice for some standard cars like the 3 series or X1.

But what the prices clearly show, BSI is prepaid maitenance, just compare the prices of equal Mercs to BMWs, it´s always a 150-200K Bht gap. On the other side, i like the feeling of beeing "protected" from bigger disasters.

• 4 months later...

The only trustworthy BMW dealer I know of is Nelsons at Chonburi, many of my friends in pattaya have BMW from them or have gone to them after disasters at barcelona ,

Barcelona have an appalling record of shafting customers The Chaing Mai branch is imfamous on all the Thai car and motorcycle forums ,,

Millenium are hit and miss , some people love em but others rate them along side Barcelona

most BMW motorcycle owners in thailand end up at enthusiastic independent s or DIY

The only trustworthy BMW dealer I know of is Nelsons at Chonburi, many of my friends in pattaya have BMW from them or have gone to them after disasters at barcelona ,

Barcelona have an appalling record of shafting customers The Chaing Mai branch is imfamous on all the Thai car and motorcycle forums ,,

Millenium are hit and miss , some people love em but others rate them along side Barcelona

most BMW motorcycle owners in thailand end up at enthusiastic independent s or DIY

I guess the owners of these dealers figure that people who buy these expensive European cars like to overpay for stuff or being ripped off or that they're so rich money doesn't matter. I mean, it started when they bought the car so they figure why stop there.

This is not a dig at such buyers, just an opinion on the franchise owners. I mean, I would think so if I was selling such expensive baubles.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I guess the owners of these dealers figure that people who buy these expensive European cars like to overpay for stuff or being ripped off or that they're so rich money doesn't matter. I mean, it started when they bought the car so they figure why stop there.

This is not a dig at such buyers, just an opinion on the franchise owners. I mean, I would think so if I was selling such expensive baubles.

What complete and utter nonsense.

Luxury Cars often cost twice as much as the owners home here , , which is crazy but its all about image and face ..

I know many locals and Expats here who own BMW ,BENZ,AUDI ,Porsche etc .. my neighbour who is a dentist lives in a house same as mine 4m baht but he has a Benz E class which cost him 4.9m which he changes every 2 years !!!! its a face thing , another thai in my soi bought a Jaguar cost him 7m baht his house is same as mine its a face thing ,, nice cars but i prefer my old 9 years saab 9-3 cost me 400k and is totally reliable and the thais all love it ,and ducati and more cash in the bank.,just ordered a MUX for the ball and chain .

My thai Property developer pal Meechai is very wealthy man and was educated in USA , but he has had so many quality and electronic issues with his last 3 new Benz he uses a Vigo pickup most of the time , he does not loose face as its a works vehicle but he keeps his benz for family outings and important business meeting , he jokes its like a white elephant and a waste of money but gives him prestige .with Thais and his wife is happy .

What complete and utter nonsense.
So your explanation for the reports of expensive and unnecessary repair reports from some owners is what...that MB has some dishonest dealers in its ranks? All I know is these brands have a rep of being expensive to repair in the States and I guess it's the same here and more. But if you can afford to buy one to begin with I guess it doesn't really matter...more power to you and enjoy your ride.

Luxury Cars often cost twice as much as the owners home here , , which is crazy but its all about image and face ..

I know many locals and Expats here who own BMW ,BENZ,AUDI ,Porsche etc .. my neighbour who is a dentist lives in a house same as mine 4m baht but he has a Benz E class which cost him 4.9m which he changes every 2 years !!!! its a face thing , another thai in my soi bought a Jaguar cost him 7m baht his house is same as mine its a face thing ,, nice cars but i prefer my old 9 years saab 9-3 cost me 400k and is totally reliable and the thais all love it ,and ducati and more cash in the bank.,just ordered a MUX for the ball and chain .

My thai Property developer pal Meechai is very wealthy man and was educated in USA , but he has had so many quality and electronic issues with his last 3 new Benz he uses a Vigo pickup most of the time , he does not loose face as its a works vehicle but he keeps his benz for family outings and important business meeting , he jokes its like a white elephant and a waste of money but gives him prestige .with Thais and his wife is happy .

In my case I own a new BMW but I did not buy it because of image and face.

I bought it as I like the car and is happy with it, and because I like the torque a get in a modern diesel saloon.

Thailand does not offer many diesel saloon cars - lately a few has come out ,but not my taste.

In Phuket noew there is so many BMW/Benz so you are hardly a "champ" just because your ride is German.