Are you happy with Bmw and Benz Thailand ?

samtab

13 minutes ago, Naam said:

any sales[wo]man will render an excellent customer service to a potential or, in your case, decided buyer. the actual and important service is how long you wait for a minor repair to be done.

Yep. I'm under no illusion that their true level  of efficiency won't be revealed until after the car is delivered and the first issue surfaces. One has only to surf a few car forums to realize that even premium brands can have dud dealerships. :sad: here's hoping.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/30/2016 at 9:02 AM, OMGImInPattaya said:

I think your description of all these new fangled "safety" features in new vehicles shows how useless (and downright dangerous) much of it can be in Thailand. These systems are not calibrated (and probably can't be) for the driving conditions found in congested Third World countries. They may work fine in developed country road conditions but not here.

I drive a 15 year-old CRV, with none of these features, and have no problem getting around. I prefer to drive the old-fashion way of keeping my own eyes alert to road conditions and hazards, thank you.

To be fair, mine's a UK import, it's possible that some of these features aren't available on Thai models.

Recently I did not pay attention and filled up my GLE 450 with diesel instead of Gasoline 95. I noticed it at the pump station and immediately turned off the engine and called my dealer (TTC Benz). They sent a flat bed truck and brought my car to their repair shop. They also offered my a courtesy car, a C class Benz. One week later the GLE was ready, the insurance paid for everything.
I would say that was top class service from TTC Benz in Bangkok.

22 hours ago, dominique355 said:

Recently I did not pay attention and filled up my GLE 450 with diesel instead of Gasoline 95. I noticed it at the pump station and immediately turned off the engine and called my dealer (TTC Benz). They sent a flat bed truck and brought my car to their repair shop. They also offered my a courtesy car, a C class Benz. One week later the GLE was ready, the insurance paid for everything.

Thank you, I didn't know that insurance would pay for it.

Which insurance ? and do they pay for tires also ?

On 10/2/2016 at 7:11 PM, dominique355 said:

Did you fill it up yourself?

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Strange . the Diesel Pumps haven't fitted into Benzine filler tubes for many years, but this is Thailand.:stoner: 

Years ago a kid filled my Suzuki Caribbean with diesel. About a mile up the road it started spark knocking badly. Fortunately there was a full service garage that I managed to pull into. They drained the tank and blew out the fuel line. Apparently no harm done.