Are you happy with Bmw and Benz Thailand ?

samtab

The only trustworthy BMW dealer I know of is Nelsons at Chonburi, many of my friends in pattaya have BMW from them or have gone to them after disasters at barcelona ,

Barcelona have an appalling record of shafting customers The Chaing Mai branch is imfamous on all the Thai car and motorcycle forums ,,

Millenium are hit and miss , some people love em but others rate them along side Barcelona

most BMW motorcycle owners in thailand end up at enthusiastic independent s or DIY

I guess the owners of these dealers figure that people who buy these expensive European cars like to overpay for stuff or being ripped off or that they're so rich money doesn't matter. I mean, it started when they bought the car so they figure why stop there.

This is not a dig at such buyers, just an opinion on the franchise owners. I mean, I would think so if I was selling such expensive baubles.

What complete and utter nonsense.
So your explanation for the reports of expensive and unnecessary repair reports from some owners is what...that MB has some dishonest dealers in its ranks? All I know is these brands have a rep of being expensive to repair in the States and I guess it's the same here and more. But if you can afford to buy one to begin with I guess it doesn't really matter...more power to you and enjoy your ride.

All I know, having previously owned Toyota, Lexus and Mercedes Benz Dealerships is the simple fact they all have the same thing in common, in as much as none of the customer's 'like to overpay' as you state.

Your comments are naive in the extreme.

Edited by Woodsie888

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only trustworthy BMW dealer I know of is Nelsons at Chonburi, many of my friends in pattaya have BMW from them or have gone to them after disasters at barcelona ,

Barcelona have an appalling record of shafting customers The Chaing Mai branch is imfamous on all the Thai car and motorcycle forums ,,

Millenium are hit and miss , some people love em but others rate them along side Barcelona

most BMW motorcycle owners in thailand end up at enthusiastic independent s or DIY

I guess the owners of these dealers figure that people who buy these expensive European cars like to overpay for stuff or being ripped off or that they're so rich money doesn't matter. I mean, it started when they bought the car so they figure why stop there.

This is not a dig at such buyers, just an opinion on the franchise owners. I mean, I would think so if I was selling such expensive baubles.

So your explanation for the reports of expensive and unnecessary repair reports from some owners is what...that MB has some dishonest dealers in its ranks? All I know is these brands have a rep of being expensive to repair in the States and I guess it's the same here and more. But if you can afford to buy one to begin with I guess it doesn't really matter...more power to you and enjoy your ride.

All I know, having previously owned Toyota, Lexus and Mercedes Benz Dealerships is the simple fact they all have the same thing in common, in as much as none of the customer's 'like to overpay' as you state.

Would "don't mind" be a better description?

Would "don't mind" be a better description?

In my experience during the past 45 years, my answer is 'don't mind' would not be a better description.

I think we are beginning to run around in circles with this conversation. Probably better to stop now.

Who are you to decide for others when a discussion should stop ?

Don't think I was replying to you.

Edit: My mistake, I didn't notice who had replied to me.

Old age kicking in , I guess.

I still stand by my previous answer though.

OMG has a distorted view of the Franchise owner

Edited by Woodsie888

• 3 weeks later...

Luxury Cars often cost twice as much as the owners home here , , which is crazy but its all about image and face ..

I know many locals and Expats here who own BMW ,BENZ,AUDI ,Porsche etc .. my neighbour who is a dentist lives in a house same as mine 4m baht but he has a Benz E class which cost him 4.9m which he changes every 2 years !!!! its a face thing , another thai in my soi bought a Jaguar cost him 7m baht his house is same as mine its a face thing ,, nice cars but i prefer my old 9 years saab 9-3 cost me 400k and is totally reliable and the thais all love it ,and ducati and more cash in the bank.,just ordered a MUX for the ball and chain .

My thai Property developer pal Meechai is very wealthy man and was educated in USA , but he has had so many quality and electronic issues with his last 3 new Benz he uses a Vigo pickup most of the time , he does not loose face as its a works vehicle but he keeps his benz for family outings and important business meeting , he jokes its like a white elephant and a waste of money but gives him prestige .with Thais and his wife is happy .

"Luxury" cars with small engines are way cheaper in Thailand than in they are in Australia, you can get a C200 in Thailand for about 240,000 baht/year over a 5 year period (cost of capital @ 5% + typical depreciation + 1st class insurance).

In Australia it costs about $15,200/year over a 5 year period (cost of capital @ 8% + typical depreciation + comprehensive insurance) or about 440,000 baht/year.

You have to consider the lower finance rates and better retention of value.

That being said I've seen the tiny prices you pay for cars in US and the UK and I must same I am quite envious.

• 1 month later...

any comments/experiences millinium ladprao for bmw service (out of BSI validity 5y/100k+)?

thanks smile.png

any other bmw non dealer capable service shop to praise especially for diesel saloons?

thanks smile.png

Bavaria Auto on Rama 3 are good with BMW's. They have cheaper prices compared to official dealers.

thanks will keep that in mind ;)

first impression is the heavy steering and 'tramlining' everywhere I went, but almost scary corrctions on 160kmh+ at the bumpy motorway!!

maybe I need to get the 3y/30k re050a rft tyres changed or realligned while I have now changed from 32/32 to 31/38 psi pressure for a start to compare...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

thanks will keep that in mind wink.png

first impression is the heavy steering and 'tramlining' everywhere I went, but almost scary corrctions on 160kmh+ at the bumpy motorway!!

maybe I need to get the 3y/30k re050a rft tyres changed or realligned while I have now changed from 32/32 to 31/38 psi pressure for a start to compare...

The E90's are a bit heavy on the steering wheel. I can't say have noticed "tramlining" though. Get some proper new tires anyway (non rft). The rubber on the runflats is VERY hard. It will give u smoother ride in general!

im seeing a lot of recommendations to ditch rtf but I kinda like the idea behind them but will have to get some more experience before making up my mind. seems tyres is like 50% of the cars driving experience ;)

im seeing a lot of recommendations to ditch rtf but I kinda like the idea behind them but will have to get some more experience before making up my mind. seems tyres is like 50% of the cars driving experience wink.png

Safety VS performance.. ;)

Had one and only one BMW in the UK, crap service crap car, from brand new broke down second day with electrical fault, dealer said will bring you another but you will have to pay insurance for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thailand, wouldnt waste my money with the crap roads and sure thing accident at some point. Sorry no info on Thai service but would hope it was arse lickingly good at their prices

So...what you're saying is that you don't have a freaking clue about buying a BMW in Thailand...?

Actually, Forethat, what kannot appears to be saying is that his experience with this kind of medium-better car in the UK had been profoundly disappointing.

Instead of railing and ranting on about prohibitive luxury taxes on such items he just assumed that in this thread it would be understood.

And furthermore, since the abysmal state of Thailand's commercial attitudes are never far away on TV, the topic of prohibitive sales tax premiums, insurance issues, larcenous maintenance programs, inferior workmanship (on-the-job training) etc. didn't really come up.

Should he have raised these issues ?

Or should he have just buttoned it and let you get on with your ill-disguised but poorly advised astro-turfing operation.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Had one and only one BMW in the UK, crap service crap car, from brand new broke down second day with electrical fault, dealer said will bring you another but you will have to pay insurance for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Thailand, wouldnt waste my money with the crap roads and sure thing accident at some point. Sorry no info on Thai service but would hope it was arse lickingly good at their prices

So...what you're saying is that you don't have a freaking clue about buying a BMW in Thailand...?

What im saying is dont believe the crap about Bmw, but you go ahead an buy one if u like, for me they were crap, Japanese cars more reliable.

What im saying is dont believe the crap about Bmw, but you go ahead an buy one if u like, for me they were crap, Japanese cars more reliable.

What you or I believe doesn't matter. Statistics matter, and BMW score high in reliability, along with their Japanese competitors, even though BMW's are usually more complex.

Seems to Me those with big opinions can afford a Nissan Mira anyway. Who wouldn't enjoy a Cheap Benz except Me. Donnie you still on Witness Protection.thumbsup.gif .

Naaaw

But funny thing tho' is Johnnie Depp quit takin' my calls about a week after I started posting on Thai Visa.

But hey, witness protection?

In Thailand ?

Fuggedaboudit

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any more feedbacks?

Resale value if you buy a new BMW are quite low VERY fast, at least with BMW dealer.

I bought a new 320d in 2013 and gave it in for exchange for a 520d a little over a year later (engine was repaired by BMW due to water dammage) - got 1,1 mill less than new price , car 17000 km.

Than after 10 month with the 520d - BMW comes out with the 325d - I ask for a change.

car 9000 km and BMW will give 1 mill less (music upgraded for 80000 K) - I refused.

Still have the car

Any more feedbacks?

Resale value if you buy a new BMW are quite low VERY fast, at least with BMW dealer.

I bought a new 320d in 2013 and gave it in for exchange for a 520d a little over a year later (engine was repaired by BMW due to water dammage) - got 1,1 mill less than new price , car 17000 km.

Than after 10 month with the 520d - BMW comes out with the 325d - I ask for a change.

car 9000 km and BMW will give 1 mill less (music upgraded for 80000 K) - I refused.

Still have the car

Yes but why do you need to change so often ? Just buy a good one and keep it !

• 5 months later...

I am finding the BMW head office in Bangkok- at least the sales person assigned to me- quite incompetent and unresponsive.

I didn't know that the head office had sales staff?? From my knowledge all sales are done through their dealer network.

We are very happy, so far, with the BMW dealer in Chiang Mai. The car is an absolute dream to drive up here in the north of Thailand and we have yet to have a problem.

Good to hear. Did you get any extras- Parking assistant (basically the car takes over the steering wheel and peddles and parallel parks itself!) and or one of the cruise control options? Do you have stop and go where engine shuts off and restarts in traffic to save fuel? How do you find them?

No parking assist. It has cruise control but I never use it. I am still undecided as to how I feel about the stop and go function. There are times when I prefer to turn it off but other times when I let it do its thing. Another thing I am still getting used to is the turn signal, high beam flasher and wipers being on opposite sides from the Fortuner. I sometimes hit the wrong lever when switching back and forth. What I like most is the comfort and handling. It doesn't hurt that the 320d gets almost twice the mileage of the Fortuner when in the EcoPro driving mode. Sport mode is more fun in the mountains of course. My upgrades were more cosmetic and it looks more like an M model.