Easy Out Kit

Damaz6052

?? Only opened the thread because I didn't know what to think. Guess you would get interesting replies, approaching random people on the street with the question: "What do you think an easy out kit is?" I figure somewhere in the English speaking realm (where the OP is from?) it is a thing that everybody knows.

Edited by keestha

The allen key bolt head is rounded. It sits flush with the crank arm. I don't want to damage the crank arm if possible. The last resort will be to drill it out...next step is an easy out kit. As I said I don't want to buy a kit for one bolt. Can the pieces be bought separately? I hear Bangkok hardware might have one? Maby there's a good mechanic or engineering shop in Phuket?

Edited by Damaz6052

Thanks but there's no space to weld a nut on. The bolt is a 5mm and I don't want to damage the crank.

Grab a nut that has the ID of the OD of the allen head bolt and get it welded on......... then undo it.

If you don't find an Easy Out, try pounding in a Torx driver slightly oversize and see if it come out with that. Those cranks should always be assembled with grease on the threads so if that was done properly, you should be able to back it out.

• Like 2

?? Only opened the thread because I didn't know what to think. Guess you would get interesting replies, approaching random people on the street with the question: "What do you think an easy out kit is?" I figure somewhere in the English speaking realm (where the OP is from?) it is a thing that everybody knows.

Plenty of people do understand what an easy out kit is. If you don't know then its unlikely you would be able to assist the op.

• Like 1

Plenty of people do understand what an easy out kit is. If you don't know then its unlikely you would be able to assist the op.

He probably has one in his toolshed, but doesn't know it is called 'easy out kit' in English.

That worked perfectly after along with a hammer! Bangkok Hardware sell Easy Out kits from 180 Baht FYI.

Thanks but there's no space to weld a nut on. The bolt is a 5mm and I don't want to damage the crank.

Grab a nut that has the ID of the OD of the allen head bolt and get it welded on......... then undo it.

If you don't find an Easy Out, try pounding in a Torx driver slightly oversize and see if it come out with that. Those cranks should always be assembled with grease on the threads so if that was done properly, you should be able to back it out.