Thailand's telecom operators reduce 3G 2.1GHz package service fees 15%

Lite Beer

There are currently 11 million 3G on 2.1 GHz users from a total of 90 million users nationwide.

Population explosion?

Actually, the reason is that Thailand has the largest per capita phone ownership in the world. Can't remember where I read it, but many have two and three mobile phones! I have many students with two phones and it is a constant topic of conversation with them. Personally, I've never been in a country where the dreaded mobile is so ubiquitous.

Maybe it is because TOT has never provided "landline" service to lots of places. The street where I live has electric poles and electric service, but no telephone wires and no CAT service. I have visited a lot of places that are the same. Just a guess.

There are currently 11 million 3G on 2.1 GHz users from a total of 90 million users nationwide.

Population explosion?

Actually, the reason is that Thailand has the largest per capita phone ownership in the world. Can't remember where I read it, but many have two and three mobile phones! I have many students with two phones and it is a constant topic of conversation with them. Personally, I've never been in a country where the dreaded mobile is so ubiquitous.

Maybe it is because TOT has never provided "landline" service to lots of places. The street where I live has electric poles and electric service, but no telephone wires and no CAT service. I have visited a lot of places that are the same. Just a guess.

Population explosion?

Many emerging countries' telecom systems are predominantly mobile phone based as they never had a landline infrastructure. A mobile net work is FAR easier to set up.

China India and most asian countries are mobile based as a result....I dopubt if Thailand has the highest percentage though - my guess is it would be India or China.

How can there be 90M users nationwide when the population of Thailand is only 68M???

That is simple Mutiple phones and foriegners here also. All you have to do is think.

how many foreiners do you think there are in Thailand?????

more likely multiple devices and company business devices....although that would still mean 1.5 phones for every man, Jack and child in Thailand.......

i can see the reasons but I still think the figures are unreliable....not that it is really relevant to the OP

Edited by wilcopops

How can there be 90M users nationwide when the population of Thailand is only 68M???

Oh dear...methinks you are a little out of touch.......apart from many people having two phones, how about tablets and dongles? I have 4 SIMs in my name alone.

Then it would be better described as accounts, not users.

If 1 user has 10 accounts, it is still only 1 user.

Why not 2 accounts with different networks?

My TGF has 2 as one offered better reception in the village... or shall we say some reception.

I have 2 as True have a better international calls price.

Different numbers and networks so how will they know they are the same user.?

Oh dear...methinks you are a little out of touch.......apart from many people having two phones, how about tablets and dongles? I have 4 SIMs in my name alone.

Then it would be better described as accounts, not users.

If 1 user has 10 accounts, it is still only 1 user.

With computers, you'd have a hard time tracking each individual person's multiple accounts, that's why it's more users than people. If I had two separate SIM cards, they would never know they were both me at their end.

Maybe foreigners make up the difference???

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do work for TAT by any chance ?

nope

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app