first experince of gf isaan village

lovinglifeinthailand

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we only spent 3 weeks in the village I had a great time a little bored after 7pm when everyone just disappears

but soon learnt the reason for that was because everyone is up at the crack of dawn.

As I was not used to rising early the first week I would sleep till 9, until the searing heat from the tin roof, the loud speakers, several

animals and locals talking/shouting finally became to much.

that says it all..BOREDOM..

hotrod

Yes I was bored at first as I was used to late nights and never saw the mornings, but after a while realised the morning a very nice and properly the best time of day.

Don't get me wrong I know its not going to be bubbling with excitement 24/7 but as I said this is are first child and for the first 5 or so years will be nice place to watch my child grow. if I took them bk to the uk would be working the majority of the time. so as I have the chance to see my child grow I will take it with both hands.

We will being spending 3/4 months a year in the uk visiting family and some work, also have young friends living in khon kean so some weekends will be spent up there enjoying the nightlife. so a good mix I feel.

The girlfriend is a only child so not to much interference

hotrod

Yes I was bored at first as I was used to late nights and never saw the mornings, but after a while realised the morning a very nice and properly the best time of day.

Don't get me wrong I know its not going to be bubbling with excitement 24/7 but as I said this is are first child and for the first 5 or so years will be nice place to watch my child grow. if I took them bk to the uk would be working the majority of the time. so as I have the chance to see my child grow I will take it with both hands.

We will being spending 3/4 months a year in the uk visiting family and some work, also have young friends living in khon kean so some weekends will be spent up there enjoying the nightlife. so a good mix I feel.

The girlfriend is a only child so not to much interference

see how it goes ,,best of luck..learn issan quickly...

Nice first post and it reminds me about my own first show up 10+ years ago. Except the baby thing I experienced the same and still live inside the family clan, in our own small house. Never rued one second. And true, we go to bed at 8pm and are up with the sun. Enjoy Isaan

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

Welcome to Issan life. Been here 11 years, 2 kids and yes it does take some getting used to. Some people hate the lifestyle others love it. Personally, I enjoy the occasional trips to Udon or Khon Kaen and sometimes even Bangkok but after a couple of days I'm longing to get back to the peace and quiet of village life. Enjoy it while you can, you never know what's round the corner.

Welcome to Issan life. Been here 11 years, 2 kids and yes it does take some getting used to. Some people hate the lifestyle others love it. Personally, I enjoy the occasional trips to Udon or Khon Kaen and sometimes even Bangkok but after a couple of days I'm longing to get back to the peace and quiet of village life. Enjoy it while you can, you never know what's round the corner.

Peace and quiet of village life? LOL I know you don't live in our village. lol Quiet???? Yea w/ earplugs in. :-)

Congratulations! It is nice to hear a nice story and comments about Thai experiences....

It is true that you have to be careful, like in any other culture so different like the Asian culture, but, at the same time, you may have the best experience ever and find your place in the world. I did.

Be happy and safe.

Hi guys

Great comments, with regards to my visa im on a tourist 90 at present but am thinking of 15 month study visa next.

We plan to get married after the baby is born so can get a spouse visa after the study visa.

I did think about buying own land but it still wont be legally mine so don't see the difference,

my gf is a only child and the parents are in the late 60s so will all go to her anyway.

I would be interested in looking into get the land transferred into are childs name if that is possible for peace of mind.

We wont be building a farang mansion the land is only small anyway in between her aunt's houses.

just looking to built a basic western 3 bed house, the fil thinks 700k single story or 1m for 2 story.

ive looked at some websites and that seems about right. As long as i have a good bed sit down toilet comfy sofa internet, PlayStation

and cable tv with the football that will do me.

If can make room for a pool table even better.

Hi guys

Great comments, with regards to my visa im on a tourist 90 at present but am thinking of 15 month study visa next.

We plan to get married after the baby is born so can get a spouse visa after the study visa.

I did think about buying own land but it still wont be legally mine so don't see the difference,

my gf is a only child and the parents are in the late 60s so will all go to her anyway.

I would be interested in looking into get the land transferred into are childs name if that is possible for peace of mind.

We wont be building a farang mansion the land is only small anyway in between her aunt's houses.

just looking to built a basic western 3 bed house, the fil thinks 700k single story or 1m for 2 story.

ive looked at some websites and that seems about right. As long as i have a good bed sit down toilet comfy sofa internet, PlayStation

Staying close to the Family is a great idea.

If you can't share a house with them ... close by is close enough.

Great when the baby is delivered, particularly if your gf returns to work after giving birth.

What job did she have in Pattaya? Maybe she can find similar work close by?

Be careful of face though.

I think the FiL is a little low with his estimates ... quality house cost more then that.

Maybe budgeting closer to 1,500,000 for the house ... you do wish to impress the Family ... don't you ... particularly with a pool table room. Darn those things are expensive to buy in Thailand!

Good Luck ... thumbsup.gif

Hi guys

Your child can own the freehold. There's no age of majority on freehold in Thailand.

David's right. Build cost has shot up, budget for 1.5m. See if you can still get teak root furniture made locally, that's nice stuff.

Hi guys

700,000 to a mill between the fil's and the aunties,your not listening but still hope it works out.

I was working on 8000 to 10000 sqm and a house size of just 100/120 sqm. nothing fancy.

No do not want or trying to impress the family with a big house and if I do get a pool table it is for my benefit alone.

They know im young and don't have the cash the older guys have. the mil just seems to be happy to be getting a gran child

and that her daughter has someone to to spend her life with. she worried a lot about that.

The fil was not asking to give him the money and he would sort it, I just asked for a rough idea from him.

The gf sold plastic flowers to big hotels nothing managerial taking orders and delivery's and now she works in a condo cleaning

until xmas when she will finish work.

she wont work after the baby, but im sure she will help out on the farm.

farmerjo I don't understand what your getting at? im a very easy going guy and don't see a problem staying with her mum dad

they are very nice people and well respected in the community.

• Like 2