Gps Nav.

HDRIDER

Hi There

Anybody know if i can get a English spoken/read GPS Nav. system here in Thailand, and where

Thanks guys.

Hi, if you have a chance to come to Singapore, which is not very far away, pay Sim Lim Tower Basement 1 for a visit. many shops sell Garmin GPS. Only the english version.

I guess the language is predominent in the country of purchase. Just like it is easily to acquire a chinese version in China and Taiwan than anywhere else. There is no way you can get a chinese set in Singapore.

Happy hunting.

Cliff Tan

The is a store in Pantip Plaza that has a GPS's shop. I have a Garmin E-trax Vista handheld. That store directed me to an office in Bangkok where I got the basic highway map of Thailand loaded as well as a street map of Bangkok. It cost me 4000 baht to have them load it for me.

I use my handheld all over Thailand.

Edited by richard10365

The HP Ipaq (I forget the model) does it all and comes with GPS Maps etc in English. A friend of mine has one and likes it.

It also comes with the other stuff like a Phone etc etc.

There is nothing at the moment for your laptop I am on a waiting list when the full PC version comes out in a few months.

Thonglor shop has no VAT refund and discount is difficult. If you are in ChiangMai, you can go to Chiangmai Pantip plaza (yes!) last floor, Eagle GPS and the shop owner is a farang! He has a variety of GPS, he can give some discounts too. Another shop in Robinson Airport plaza.

In Bangkok: http://www.geocities.com/bkkriders/gps/index.html

Edited by armortec

Hi There

Anybody know if i can get a English spoken/read GPS Nav. system here in Thailand, and where

Thanks guys.

Platinium in Pantip (3rd floor) has a complete line of GPS for Thailand in English. I ordered the Garmin 2720 Street Pilot.

How is the pricing of these gadgets in Thailand vs. Europe?

Can a European gadget be updated with Thai maps?

More expensive here. About 30% more than in the US. I am not sure about whether a farang machine can be programed here with Thai maps.