Can I get non immigrant Visa?

I have been living in Thailand for 5 years but I work offshore so have never had a need to get a visa. Normally I am back in Thailand for less than 30 days so the 30 day stamp at the airport is good for me.

The only problem with this is I cant register a car, motorbike ect in my name. Now It has got to the stage where I am fed up of renting a car any time I want to go anywhere. Also I want to purchase some toys like a boat and a motorbike and so on. I have searched the web for visa options and see nothing that would be any use to me. For a non immigtant O visa I understand from what I have read you need to be married to get this? I have a Thai girlfriend I have been with for a long time but marriage is not on the cards in the near future. Has anyone heard of anyone getting a non immigrant visa o type without being married? Or does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to get a visa?

You apparently do not qualify or any non immigrant visa.

There is no laws that say you need a visa to buy cars or anything. The problem is getting a certificate of residence to do it. Many immigration offices unless you are on an extension or have a visa will not issue them. But you can get one from your embassy.

Having at least a tourist visa would help though.

Yeah sorry I ment registering the car once I had bought it would be the problem. I should be able to get a certificate of residence by showing my apartment agreement of lease? That what I have read on various websites anyway. But with out a visa I cant do anything. I dont think a tourist visa is any use either. Plus for me to get tourist visa I would need a mulitipile entry one. They only last 90 days. I would get 1 trip in Thailand for that so its not even worth the hassle.

There are lots of people who have a drivers license, own cars/bikes/condos and etc with nothing more than a tourist visa.

The most you can get a tourist visa for is 3 entries there is no multiple.

It has been a while but I have heard of people on a rotation getting a non immigrant visa with a letter from their employer requesting it based upon using Thailand as a base for their rotation. You would not get the visa (non-b multi) anywhere nearby. At a honorary consulate in your home country would be best.

• Like 1

Yeah I have read about setting up a company. Seems like a lot of hassle though. Something I am thinking about further down the line but not yet.

Im not ready for getting married yet.

Ubonjoe, Did you mean to write you can get a 3 month tourist visa? And there is no multi? Anyway that is no use to me a im on a 34 day rotation.

I will ask my company for a letter though and give that a try for now. Infact I will contact the Consulate in the UK and see if they will accept it with a letter from my company

You do not need a visa to register a vehicle (car/motorbike/boat/whatever). If you have a rental contract just go to your embassy and get the paper called "certificate of nationality" or "certificate of residency". It's called different things by different countries embassies. You can also get it from immigration however I never took that route myself since my embassy always produced such a letter in less then 30 minutes with no queuing so seemed like the better option. The paper is valid for 30 days and can be used only once. You will need to get a new certificate every time you want to register a vehicle.

Edited by Dellie

I got a 1 year non-immigrant O without any problem. I'm not married to Thai, do not have thai Gf, etc. I applied for it at a Western consulate, explained my "desires" and all they needed was 1/ proof that I had enough cash to support myself (which I have) 2/ motivation letter as for WHY i wanted this visa. nothing more, nothing less. the visa was multiple entry, so I left every 3 months and stayed a total of 15 months with it.

• Like 1

I got a 1 year non-immigrant O without any problem. I'm not married to Thai, do not have thai Gf, etc. I applied for it at a Western consulate, explained my "desires" and all they needed was 1/ proof that I had enough cash to support myself (which I have) 2/ motivation letter as for WHY i wanted this visa. nothing more, nothing less. the visa was multiple entry, so I left every 3 months and stayed a total of 15 months with it.

Why not share this undoubted good fortune with others ?

Which "Western" consulate , what " desires " and how much cash ?

What motivation ?

Many would be grateful smile.png

which consulate: any consulate i guess since O means OTHER and anyone with solid OTHER reasons can apply for it.

desires: staying in thailand for a longer period without having VISA issues/stress.

motivation: i'd like to stay in thailand for a longer period to learn more about the country and its people AND to take a well-deserved break (sabattical).

no specific amount of cash was asked. consulate said "the more u have the better" so i showed them a savings account which contained >20.000 euro but <100.000 euro. before you think the wrong thing: NO tea money was paid, only 150 euro for the visa. this was a simple and very straightforward operation.

which consulate: any consulate i guess since O means OTHER and anyone with solid OTHER reasons can apply for it.

desires: staying in thailand for a longer period without having VISA issues/stress.

motivation: i'd like to stay in thailand for a longer period to learn more about the country and its people AND to take a well-deserved break (sabattical).

no specific amount of cash was asked. consulate said "the more u have the better" so i showed them a savings account which contained >20.000 euro but <100.000 euro. before you think the wrong thing: NO tea money was paid, only 150 euro for the visa. this was a simple and very straightforward operation.

Thanks but my BS antennae is twitching ! smile.png

• Like 1

he asked which consulate YOU used. and those reasons are not valid in any consulate or embassy website ive ever read.

You apparently do not qualify or any non immigrant visa.

There is no laws that say you need a visa to buy cars or anything. The problem is getting a certificate of residence to do it. Many immigration offices unless you are on an extension or have a visa will not issue them. But you can get one from your embassy.

Having at least a tourist visa would help though.

Hi, I have no visas, I have a car and scooter in my name, all you need is a yellow Falange house book. You need to show your residence. If you have a house with your lady she will have the black house book, go down to the local land office and request one, go with your lady and take the black book and land certificate. Hope this helps you.

Thanks but my BS antennae is twitching ! smile.png

wanna place a bet. i'll PM you and prove it but don't waste my time under 5000 euro. it's easy to file something as BS because u or others didn't manage to get it. note that i was offered a 2nd similar visa in 2011 but as i was only staying 8 months then i went for triple entry TR (i have multiple consecutive of these in my passport, also something people on TV claim is "not possible").

anyway, the thing here on thai visa is whenever someone tells an atypical story, such as

1/ not getting screwed by the gf

2/ not getting in trouble with police

3/ not being ripped off on the market

4/ not having trouble with the landlord

5/ not getting sick by local food

6/ etc

it gets filed under bullshit.

whatever, one gets the privileges he deserves in life.

It makes no since to me that you chose the 3 entry tourist visa over the multiple entry non-o. Overall cost for a 3 entry is higher than multiple. Visa 3000 baht plus 2 extensions totalling 3800 baht is 1800 baht more than multiple entry (5000 baht).

It makes no since to me that you chose the 3 entry tourist visa over the multiple entry non-o. Overall cost for a 3 entry is higher than multiple. Visa 3000 baht plus 2 extensions totalling 3800 baht is 1800 baht more than multiple entry (5000 baht).

The whole story makes no sense.

Especially as it is claimed multiple entry "O" visas can be obtained for "Other" reasons as determined by the applicant.

in my case totally untrue but u're not thinking out of the box of course as is classic on TV.

in my case totally untrue but u're not thinking out of the box of course as is classic on TV.

Figures show each entry on a tourist visa is 1,000 baht and each extension for 30 days is 1,900 baht, while a multiple non-O is 5,000 baht.

Simple math shows the multiple non-O is cheaper.

How?

If you don't do extensions then it would be 2 border runs that are not free that only gives about 180 days total which is short of 8 months meaning an extension at the end.

Two border runs would give you about 270 days with a O visa.

How?

If you don't do extensions then it would be 2 border runs that are not free that only gives about 180 days total which is short of 8 months meaning an extension at the end.

Two border runs would give you about 270 days with a O visa.

The t-r-o-l-l word seems to be forming

Has anyone applied for a nonimmigrant O visa single entry in Phom penh .? i wanted to just know what documents that i might overlook theynmay require aside from apllication Passport , pictures, ..do you need any airline tIcket info?

Non O on what basis. If for being over 50 what you wrote is normally enough and no tickets.

Figures show each entry on a tourist visa is 1,000 baht and each extension for 30 days is 1,900 baht, while a multiple non-O is 5,000 baht.

Simple math shows the multiple non-O is cheaper.

I paid 150 euro for non O year.

triple TR 90 euro. these are the prices i pay at the consulate.

2 months, exit.

2 months, exit.

2 months, exit combined w/ travel 1 month in myanmar.

fly back in without visa.

8 months, right...