Chiang Mai to Hanoi

luther

I checked at vietjetair, departure on 1th October and return on 15th October, the price is 1550 baht per trip. http://www.vietjetair.com/Sites/Web/en-US/Home

Any idea how old are the planes this co. uses and how long they have been in business?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/vietjetair-orders-62/826198.html

http://www.vietjetair.com/Sites/Web/en-US/NewsDetail/our-company/%20336/about-vietjet-air

http://talkvietnam.com/2013/09/metlife-bidv-sign-agreement/#.UkckcuCb820

They have been first flight in Thailand on 10th February 2013. On18th March 2013, Vietjetair has promotion fly from Bangkok to Hojimin for 15 baht (not included tax), only 10,000 seats.

I checked at vietjetair, departure on 1th October and return on 15th October, the price is 1550 baht per trip. http://www.vietjetair.com/Sites/Web/en-US/Home

Any idea how old are the planes this co. uses and how long they have been in business?

Flew with them inside Vietnam at the beginning of the year with no problems. But also check Nok air ?

Flew with them inside Vietnam at the beginning of the year with no problems. But also check Nok air ?

We did Bangkok to HCMIN and Hanoi to Bangkok planes were good one looked new I am sure that AirAsia are involved with the as all things are the same, good flights would have no prob using them again.

Why go to Hanoi at all? It is one of the most unappealing cities one could ever wish to set foot or bum in. Very aggressive sales people on streets, pollution everywhere, traffic makes Bkk look like a nice little village. It would be interesting to find statistics on how many people fail to cross the street in Hanoi.

• Like 1

Why go to Hanoi at all? It is one of the most unappealing cities one could ever wish to set foot or bum in. Very aggressive sales people on streets, pollution everywhere, traffic makes Bkk look like a nice little village. It would be interesting to find statistics on how many people fail to cross the street in Hanoi.

I always liked going to Hanoi and found the place interesting with cheap excellent Vietnamese food (go with a local), French bread and pleasant cafes round the lake. To get across the road just look straight ahead and walk steadily, and 500 or so motorbikes will miss you. But don't try to avoid them or chaos and injury will result.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this; I'd wanted to go to Hanoi for years and years and I was so disappointed. You're the first person who seems to agree with me!

The (often nasty) street vendors did it for me and I couldn't get out of there quickly enough. Really enjoyed the rest of Vietnam and have been several times, but will never go to Hanoi again.

Being such an expert on Hanoi why not share your travel experiences as requested ? rolleyes.gif

Hanoi was nice, much better than Saigon, I'd like to visit again and to my surprise Vietnam air were using brand new planes with an Aussie captain, made me feel a whole lot better I can tell you.

The bike problem was worse down south as was finding a clean restaurant yes much much better in Hanoi.

If you want a real Vietnam experience fly into Hanoi from Bangkok ,spend a few days there great food,art and architecture.Yes its busy but manageable.Get the Re Unification "express" train down the coast .(You used to be able to buy a sleeper ticket which allowed you to stop off overnight at some great and historical locations Hoi An Hue,etc) then rejoin the train to Nha Trang which is on a long beach.From there van to Dalat in the mountains cool all year round and my all time favourite place , the locally grown food is sensational as are the local sights and then van down to Saigon ,a couple of days there and back to Bangkok.With a bit of pre planning you can see the best of the whole country, not just one city. All info available courtesy of our friend Mr Google.10 days is enough to do the whole trip ,done it a few times.

• Like 1

If you want a real Vietnam experience fly into Hanoi from Bangkok ,spend a few days there great food,art and architecture.Yes its busy but manageable.Get the Re Unification "express" train down the coast .(You used to be able to buy a sleeper ticket which allowed you to stop off overnight at some great and historical locations Hoi An Hue,etc) then rejoin the train to Nha Trang which is on a long beach.From there van to Dalat in the mountains cool all year round and my all time favourite place , the locally grown food is sensational as are the local sights and then van down to Saigon ,a couple of days there and back to Bangkok.With a bit of pre planning you can see the best of the whole country, not just one city. All info available courtesy of our friend Mr Google.10 days is enough to do the whole trip ,done it a few times.

Originally planning to retire in Dalat, I must say that after spending nearly a month there, I much prefer Chiang Mai. True, Dalat is cooler than the surrounding area, being about 1700m in elevation, but there isn't much in the way of amenities for Westerners: one movie theater showing one film in Vietnamese, no decent supermarket, very few good restaurants and always the incessant beeping of motorbike horns - like everywhere else in Vietnam. Not quite the idyllic haven that I had expected. The countryside is very pretty, though, and well worth a visit, but after a few days... A popular vacation locale for the folks from Saigon.

Originally planning to retire in Dalat, I must say that after spending nearly a month there, I much prefer Chiang Mai. True, Dalat is cooler than the surrounding area, being about 1700m in elevation, but there isn't much in the way of amenities for Westerners: one movie theater showing one film in Vietnamese, no decent supermarket, very few good restaurants and always the incessant beeping of motorbike horns - like everywhere else in Vietnam. Not quite the idyllic haven that I had expected. The countryside is very pretty, though, and well worth a visit, but after a few days... A popular vacation locale for the folks from Saigon.

I have to agree. I love Vietnam, but... I have lived in Chiang Mai for more than 20 years, and have no desire to move anywhere else.

I have to agree. I love Vietnam, but... I have lived in Chiang Mai for more than 20 years, and have no desire to move anywhere else.

I moved to Hanoi for a while to work and it is a great city with great architecture, great food and very interesting to visit, but I much prefer living in Thailand. The Vietnamese are just too aggressive for me and - on top of that - the constant horn honking drove me crazy

Average age of fleet is 4.4 years, they have 6 planes.

http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/VietJetAir.htm

Edited by kjhbigv

• 1 month later...

$30 CNX - Bkk, $50 Bkk - Hanoi. Air Asia.

Hanoi has more of an edge to it and feels more genuine and real to me. Does not feel like people are there just to please me.

I'm at the point in life where I prefer a real scowl to a fake smile biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

Then try Haiphong!