Woman Loots 200,000 THB off 65 year-old German

Rimmer

These people just ask for this thing to happen. How many times have you heard of women slipping guys sleeping tablets and leaving with all there things?

We hear these things all the time because we live here. Again, an unsuspecting tourist is targeted and victim to a crime, where? Pattaya! coffee1.gif Its saddening.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An English language newspaper should be expected to do better and if any media mogul wants my proof-reading services they are welcome to call me.

Call you what? Proof Reader? Just kidding!

Yes, sure, hire you and hire you a Thai assistant to read the Thai newsfeed

Common Thai Visa I worked for ABC News and would have been fired within a minute if I wrote this type of material but then you are not ABC are you

Thai Visa is only allowed to copy verbatum from outside news sources it writes nothing.

Sorry...I do not believe that any person will be so stupid to be in bed with a prostitute or any street woman using that jewelry.....or wearing it on a Pattaya beach. Even just having it in his hotel room. No witness....The police report will be very useful to get insurance money...

Assuming the article is correct, in that the police have her ID card , then I suppose that if/when they pay her a house call ,all she has to do is deny eh? I mean, if she isn't stupid enough to leave the supposedly stolen chain or any other evidence on full view , then it's his word against her's and she'll probably counter charge with not being paid for services rendered ....or worse still, claim assault or similar .

The only Thing on the old Iranian's side being the fact that she didn't collect her ID ....but that will count for nothing in any Thai court.

So, good luck with the insurance claim ....now go enjoy the rest of your holiday ...relax ,enjoy ,maybe rent a jet-ski !

• Like 1

So, he was "hopped" by a woman "we" picked up ... who writes this stuff ?

I will tell you who writes it Staffers who are not educated jounalists I have complained time and time again about the writing here and Thai visa does not give a shit about the writing only how many views they get

This is so sad

One time I read here that an elephant was being held by police until the owner could produce its passport. I guess it must have been an Indian Elephant on vacation.cheesy.gif

The journalistic talent here is about equal to a Falang taking a couse in Thai for 2 weeks and thinking he knows the Thai language .

Common Thai Visa I worked for ABC News and would have been fired within a minute if I wrote this type of material but then you are not ABC are you

Once again you have demonstrated that your own English language ability is so low you really should not be complaining about anyone else's. Have you ever thought about using full stops or commas, or using capital letters in the correct places before complaining? What does "Common Thai Visa..." mean?

Maybe one of the issues you mention is actually not that Thai Visa do not care about 'the writing", it's that they don't care about laughable nonsense from you.

What did you do at ABC News? Were you an editor/scriptwriter/proofreader?

Your view that "the journalistic talent here is about equal to a Falang taking a course in Thai for 2 weeks and thinking he knows the Thai language" is very ironic.

A bit of sense is always best here, I have never been robbed but take a few precautions. If I have any large amount of money, most of it remains in the safe at my G/H, my expensive watch stays at home with my sister while I am in Thailand and I buy a 100B one on Beach Rd. And naturally documents(passport, ticket) are at the G/H). At least if anything is stolen then it can just be put down to experience.

Dumb sex tourist. Fortunately the "clever" thai hooker had left her thai ID at the counter, so the police are now her trail. Incidents like this with stupidity on both parties never cease to amaze me like they say "this here Thailand, not same same your country"

So many haters ... The guys gone out picked a street walker up !! Regardless of ware and when and what his name is !! And got drugged and robbed .. How can you lot be rubbing your hands together laughing .. Could of happend in the past to half the posters on TV at one point or another .. I have had loads of bright ideias with a few drinks down me walking round the bars of Pattaya and woke up with girls I carnt even remember ware they came from ... Did I deserve to be drugged and robbed "No"!!!

Edited by Brasilouro
  • Like 1

Following an investigation, it was surprisingly found that the woman had used her Thai National I.D. card to open the hotel room and that her identity was recorded by hotel staff. She was identified as 47 year-old Ms. Arranya Sijiam.

Dumb sex tourist, that good deal on beach rd was too good to be true :( Fortunately the "clever" thai hooker had left her thai ID at the counter, so the police are now her trail. Incidents like this with stupidity on both parties never cease to amaze me -like they say "this here Thailand, not same same your country" though we have our share of dumb crime too.

The poor English in the story is no doubt the result of a German speaking a (2nd ? 3rd ?) language (English) to a translator speaking a (2nd ? 3rd ?) language, being overheard by a reporter that has a basic knowledge of English and is probably doing the best he can to makes sense of what he's hearing.

All the English professors out there could do themselves (and the rest of us) a big favour by volunteering to proof read all of the news articles produced by the various media outlets prior to them being published or broadcast.

"... volunteering to proof read all of the news articles produced by the various media outlets prior to them being published or broadcast."

They could also take direct Thai quotes whenever the police, government officials, et al make public statements and then translate those into English, since quite often what those people say makes perfect sense before it gets reinterpreted, mangled and translated into English for publication and scrutiny here at the hub of flawless English.

On the other hand, some of the English written on TV by people allegedly raised and educated in countries where English is the official language would probably defeat even veteran translators ... but making snide comments about their English is not permitted.

Edited by Suradit69

The English police aren't going to rip on the native English speaker using "there" instead of "their"? Only get off ripping on the Thai reporter's less-than-perfect English? Maybe you all could read it in Thai. No? Didn't think so.

Blimey, I'd be here all day if I had to report every "there/their/they're", "should of/should have", "your/you're" etc., English error by our wonderful posters. biggrin.png

Anyway, I thought the errors in the stories were deliberate - an arrangement between the paper and George to get more clicks on TV... whistling.gif

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

haha, precious idiot. although it does sound like a good travel insurance scam. i bet he had shit in his room, I mean i don't know the good tourist in pattaya, but who brings a thai girl in his room, with 800 euros out of a safe and 4000 euros of gold bling bling? doesn't sound legit to me.

The real crime here is that she was 47. whistling.gif width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Or that the ID card she used said she was 47, or the original owner of the ID was 47....................rolleyes.gif

Edited by chrisinth

Idiot. Som nam na.

So easy to call someone else stupid when one such as yourself is well versed with the dynamics of what is in reality a very small subculture. I believe Mark Twain describes those such as you, with this sort of generally limited range of perception as "...just the sort of population to be narrow and ignorant and self-conceited."

Happened to me 3 times, no big deal, if you do wake up think yourself lucky because some people aren,t that fortunate. First time was actually my dear loving wife !! second time from the Thermae, sleeping pill ground into paste and applied to the nipples, and the last time, drunk as a skunk, in Patong Beach and entirely myself to blame. Now I am a wiser man, with nothing left to steal smile.png

After the first incident till the third nothing left to steal one would suppose... but in Patong.. "Drunk as a skunk"... as Thai forecasts Farang..open oppourtunity ..look out for him ... fortunate to still recall all incidents ..may you not fall victim again ...

if its possible that i might be bringing a new 'friend' home for the evening i always stash my stealables in my room before leaving, i have some very good places. unfortunately my altzhiemers enjoys a good laugh at me the next day as i forget where ive stashed stuff and worry if ive been robbed or not!

ive made a couple of lucky finds on subsequent trips, the last one being £2500 in a pair of jeans on the top of the wardrobe. :)

• Like 1