Woman Loots 200,000 THB off 65 year-old German

Rimmer

Mohammad Reza - VERY GERMAN NAME VERY German ...lol I was thinking it may have Been WOLFGANG or Dieter... not Mohammad CHEAPSKATE looking for saving money to buy more Gold Necklace. Old enough to klnow better. You get what you pay for. I am SOOO tired of listening to stories about these poor hard done by people. TUFF TITTIES!

• Like 1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Masseur in beach road? If anybody wants massage, one goes to SPA / Massage shop, not to beach road where you can pick up ladies for cheap charlie prices. So Mr. Mohammed can't admit why he picked up a lady from beach road and Thai police like to cover up one end of the story just like that huh?

Without further rhetoric, Mr Reza should provide the evidence of his lost personal possessions and source of cash in order to bring the matter before the Tourist Court of Pattaya.

It will be interesting to see, in the end, if has such evidence available, since the onus is now upon him to put up or shut in the same way as if a Travel insurance company would deal with the same situation thereafter.

The poor English in the story is no doubt the result of a German speaking a (2nd ? 3rd ?) language (English) to a translator speaking a (2nd ? 3rd ?) language, being overheard by a reporter that has a basic knowledge of English and is probably doing the best he can to makes sense of what he's hearing.

All the English professors out there could do themselves (and the rest of us) a big favour by volunteering to proof read all of the news articles produced by the various media outlets prior to them being published or broadcast.

Or perhaps they could offer to pay someone for those services? You know, not everything has to be volunteer.

• Like 1

The poor English in the story is no doubt the result of a German speaking a (2nd ? 3rd ?) language (English) to a translator speaking a (2nd ? 3rd ?) language, being overheard by a reporter that has a basic knowledge of English and is probably doing the best he can to makes sense of what he's hearing.

All the English professors out there could do themselves (and the rest of us) a big favour by volunteering to proof read all of the news articles produced by the various media outlets prior to them being published or broadcast.

I would have thought that it was a pre requsite for any media outlet to have qualified staff for this purpose otherwise they really have no viable credential. The story line problems in Thailand are far more likely to be from the quality of the on site reporters. If the proof readers are given horse shit no mater how you polish it ,it is still horse shit. Thai media is not about accurate and intellegent reporting .It is pure theatre.

• Like 2

Mr. Mohammad Reza, ...a typical German name these days...wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20> .

Mohammad Reza - VERY GERMAN NAME VERY German ...lol I was thinking it may have Been WOLFGANG or Dieter... not Mohammad CHEAPSKATE looking for saving money to buy more Gold Necklace. Old enough to klnow better. You get what you pay for. I am SOOO tired of listening to stories about these poor hard done by people. TUFF TITTIES!

Read the article again... It says the bloke was born in IRAN and moved to Germany... And TVF members were having a dig at the english of the editor of the article...

Jesus wept...

facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Hop on pop. "A fool and his money are soon parted". As for names, is there some not so veiled racism and/or religionism (were there such a word!) in these posts? Perhaps those posts implying he is not such a good Muslim (we don't know) are from the holier than thou crowd.

An English language newspaper should be expected to do better and if any media mogul wants my proof-reading services they are welcome to call me.

Call you what? Proof Reader? Just kidding!

Edited by Nip

Nice idea.. but it's probably a "reserved occupation" the thought of employing a farang obviously does not come before embarrassment.

An English language newspaper should be expected to do better and if any media mogul wants my proof-reading services they are welcome to call me.

I would guess there are no native English reporters at PDN, they did a story on me when I had a problem (attacked by a Thai druggy) when they did have and old English guy working there, and even then they twisted up all the facts and published utter garbage.

Where can I buy sleeping pills like the woman used? Fast acting! And for 12 hours.

Are you considering to do the same ? I think combined with alcohol and the number of tablets placed therein can cause drowsiness and induce an unconcious state for six to eight hours but considering the victims age twelve hours plausible.

As where to buy such tablets try any underhanded pharmacy or small Medical practice with a sympathetic Receptionist/Nurse and enouhgh Baht.

A couple of 2mg Alprazolam should do the trick combined with a 600ml bottle of prefered Beer.

• Like 1

So, he was "hopped" by a woman "we" picked up ... who writes this stuff ?

Try writing in Thai if you are so much better. Then look at most of the TV posters' written English competency--not any better.

This is a country with very little English ability. So English language publications have to rely on the English capabilities of Thai writers, printers, and editors. Somehow I doubt the English would be much better if they hired the average native English-speaking falang living here.

• Like 1

So, he was "hopped" by a woman "we" picked up ... who writes this stuff ?

I will tell you who writes it Staffers who are not educated jounalists I have complained time and time again about the writing here and Thai visa does not give a shit about the writing only how many views they get

This is so sad

One time I read here that an elephant was being held by police until the owner could produce its passport. I guess it must have been an Indian Elephant on vacation.cheesy.gif

The journalistic talent here is about equal to a Falang taking a couse in Thai for 2 weeks and thinking he knows the Thai language .

Common Thai Visa I worked for ABC News and would have been fired within a minute if I wrote this type of material but then you are not ABC are you

Yeah, I though it might be a good English name like Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha.

and if he was willing to pay a little more for a massage in a shop none of it would have happened.

when will people learn that beach road is just plain nasty?

Probably the old*** forget to say she offered him a happy ending massage for 200Bahts tongue.png