News about launch of Samsung S4 DUOS in Thailand?

manarak

Samsung Thailand will probably not localize every single model, especially niche products like the GT-I9502. You could look for a local, grey-market supplier, order from one of the dual-SIM countries (India, China) or ask someone to bring one back for you.

A quick search of some Thai forums indicates a few people looking unsuccessfully for this model here.

Samsung Thailand will probably not localize every single model, especially niche products like the GT-I9502. You could look for a local, grey-market supplier, order from one of the dual-SIM countries (India, China) or ask someone to bring one back for you.

A quick search of some Thai forums indicates a few people looking unsuccessfully for this model here.

I still have hopes, because Thailand is one of the largest markets for dual sim phones.

You can get a dual sim, quad core, full hd ips 5" screen chinese android phone for 1/3 cost of s4.

I know its not the same thing but they are too cheap to resist!

And how to know which one will perform well?

I am going to use it pürofessionally and really need the following features:

- a lot of RAM

- strong processor

- good talk quality

- battery life

I think it's bordering on an insult that dual-sim Galaxy S4 phones are not widely available, while Samsung already launches the S4 with 3 SIM !!

http://www.soloong.com/sdp/924504/4/pd-4650318/11951075.html

I think it's bordering on an insult that dual-sim Galaxy S4 phones are not widely available, while Samsung already launches the S4 with 3 SIM !!

At least Soloong were decent enough to mention that the phone is a "copy" Samsung.

LOL, didn't notice!

I have been using an i9502 32GB pretty much since they came out. It was mailed to me from China by Etotalk without any problems. The Etotalk custom English ROM works well.

just tried to order from etotalk, but no paypal and no way to pay by credit card - kinda sucks.

I have been using an i9502 32GB pretty much since they came out. It was mailed to me from China by Etotalk without any problems. The Etotalk custom English ROM works well.

just tried to order from etotalk, but no paypal and no way to pay by credit card - kinda sucks.

That was a pain in the butt, especially as I had previously bought a dual sim ZTE phone from them. I think I did it through Western Union and got a small discount.

You can get a dual sim, quad core, full hd ips 5" screen chinese android phone for 1/3 cost of s4.

I know its not the same thing but they are too cheap to resist!

And how to know which one will perform well?

I am going to use it pürofessionally and really need the following features:

- a lot of RAM

- strong processor

- good talk quality

- battery life

There are MTK6589T phones with 4x1.5ghz Arm A7 cpu. Speedwise it is pretty fast (not fast as snapdragon 600 or 800 of course). 2Gb models are sold for expensive, but 1gb models are cheap. Most of them don't offer good talk quality, but not worse than mid-level android phones. Just not good as flagship phones of brands. Battery life depends on what model you choose to buy. Some of them comes with 2000 mah, some comes with 3000 mah. I have no complaints with 2000 mah battery on my temporary device.

That was a pain in the butt, especially as I had previously bought a dual sim ZTE phone from them. I think I did it through Western Union and got a small discount.

well, what disturbed me, was that they obviously had paypal in the past, because they kept referring to Papal on their website and payment pages, but that payment option seems to have been removed, promting the question why? I have read many comments of people saying the product they received was faulty and that etotalk has very bad aftersales services (read: no replacement, money burnt).

At least with Paypal and Credit Card I can have the payment reversed - and that's probably exactly the reason why these payment types are not available.

I still have hopes, because Thailand is one of the largest markets for dual sim phones.

And the country where they are least available wink.png

The market for dual-SIM products here (in Thailand) is pretty limited as we have nationwide service providers. Dual-SIM products are popular in those countries where you have regional service providers, so you need a SIM for each service provider assuming you travel around those countries. I think China, Russia and India are some of the most popular dual-SIM countries, so that is where it might be easiest to source desired dual-SIM variants.

Try this:

Solves your problem for a fraction of the price

I need to be able to receive/send calls and messages on one SIM (foreign SIM), and simultaneously use the other SIM (local SIM) for data connection.

An adapter that allows a single SIM phone to switch from one sime to another is pretty useless, it just saves the time to open the case and to reboot, but doesn't provide dual sim functionality.

For anyone who is interested, I just ordered my Samsung i9502 from merimobiles.com

I got someone immediately on chat, and they offer paypal and credit card payments, and also have good reviews everywhere.

Let's hope for the best, delivery in 3 to 6 days.

well, there is already a first problem.

merimobiles doesn't want me to pay by Paypal. This is probably due to Paypal's silly "buyer protection" policy, which makes it easy for scammers to order something and then dispute the Paypal payment.

merimobiles wants me to use moneybookers instead.

I'm ok with that, but I'm really unhappy about the lost time.

For now, I requested merimobiles to cancel the transaction so I can get my money back from Paypal.

merimobiles doesn't want me to pay by Paypal. This is probably due to Paypal's silly "buyer protection" policy, which makes it easy for scammers to order something and then dispute the Paypal payment.

For now, I requested merimobiles to cancel the transaction so I can get my money back from Paypal.

So you tried to order this online for $869.99

Just to own no-warranty galaxy s4 with 2 sims?

Just buy a MIFI device for your internet <deleted>. Keep your other sim in korean import galaxy S4.

Hot!! Galaxy S4

เครื่องนอก i9505 (ใช้ 4G LTE True ได้)

สีขาว,สีดำ=17,000 สีชมพู,น้ำตาล=17,400

เครื่องศูนย์ i9500 รับประกัน1ปี

สีขาว=17,600 สีน้ำเงิน,สีน้ำตาล,สีดำ=17,800

Link: http://aobmobile.net/wc/?cat=14

545 USD for galaxy s4 and about 2000-2500 baht for mifi device for mobile internet and then you can thank me.

So you tried to order this online for $869.99

Just to own no-warranty galaxy s4 with 2 sims?

Just buy a MIFI device for your internet <deleted>. Keep your other sim in korean import galaxy S4.

Hot!! Galaxy S4

เครื่องนอก i9505 (ใช้ 4G LTE True ได้)

สีขาว,สีดำ=17,000 สีชมพู,น้ำตาล=17,400

เครื่องศูนย์ i9500 รับประกัน1ปี

สีขาว=17,600 สีน้ำเงิน,สีน้ำตาล,สีดำ=17,800

Link: http://aobmobile.net/wc/?cat=14

545 USD for galaxy s4 and about 2000-2500 baht for mifi device for mobile internet and then you can thank me.

I didn't understand what you are suggesting with the mifi device.

I need to be always online with my S4, but not using the data connection with the SIM (foreign) that is inside.

So you suggest I carry a "mifi device" around, correct? And this mifi device will provide 24h/24 internet connection to my S4? Please explain.

As far as I know, mifi devices have a battery life of only a few hours.

Edited by manarak

There is no 24h battery life mifi device. In that case you can use a cheap 2nd nokia phone to receive calls as an alternative. I really dont see the point of paying extra 300 bucks just for 2nd sim in galaxy s4.

Or if size isnt an issue, 3g/lte model ipads can provide more than 24h standby with active internet connection using nternal sim for data connections.

There is no 24h battery life mifi device. In that case you can use a cheap 2nd nokia phone to receive calls as an alternative. I really dont see the point of paying extra 300 bucks just for 2nd sim in galaxy s4.

Or if size isnt an issue, 3g/lte model ipads can provide more than 24h standby with active internet connection using nternal sim for data connections.

thanks... will stick to my original plan.