Gay friendly hotel in Sukhumvit.

raymp

Sukhumvit is my favourite place in Bangkok, unfortunately I can't find a gay or bi friendly hotel there.

I usually stay up sukhumvit soi 4 or soi 8 in a hotel.

Does anyone know a gay or bi friendly hotel in that area.

Please do mention silom on Babylon hotel,

Around nana or asok is great.

Thanks

I doubt many hotels would be gay unfriendly.

But I have had a hotel in soi 16 I think is was state gay friendly, cannot recall name now, look up wotif and they usually state in on the sites.

Citadines it was..

Edited by itchybum

Great hotel attached to Terminal 21 the BTS and MRT. We used to stay at the citadines soi 11 for a break from the inlaws but we're sort of over soi 11 but still can be lots of fun. A couple we know just spent a week at Le Fenix and enjoyed it as well.

http://www.grandecentrepointterminal21.com/

As noted above I don't believe they are many that are unfriendly, rather they just avoid branding themselves as gay friendly.

Edited by ToddWeston

I don't understand the question. Is there any gay-unfriendly hotel in that area?

The Atlanta hotel Suk Soi 2 probably qualifies as the only gay un-friendly hotel in the whole of Thailand. It does not even allow mixed race married straight couples to stay unless they can provide a marriage certificate.

So bizarre as when I stayed there over 30 years ago it was a great backpack hotel. Rooms were shared, about 3 to a room, had to vacate the room every time another room mate brought a girl back to the room.

• Like 1

I don't understand the question. Is there any gay-unfriendly hotel in that area?

The Atlanta hotel Suk Soi 2 probably qualifies as the only gay un-friendly hotel in the whole of Thailand. It does not even allow mixed race married straight couples to stay unless they can provide a marriage certificate.

So bizarre as when I stayed there over 30 years ago it was a great backpack hotel. Rooms were shared, about 3 to a room, had to vacate the room every time another room mate brought a girl back to the room.

I thought I know Soi 2 fairly well.

I stayed at Hotel Solo for weeks at a time when it first opened.

That meant I walked the length of Soi 2 more times then fingers and toes ... and never saw the place.

Had a look at their website ... http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

WOW ... isn't that a step back into the past.

Mind you ... some lovely retro furniture and fittings.

Echos of an era long having left the NANA area.

Thanks for the heads up ... thumbsup.gif

I thought I know Soi 2 fairly well.

I stayed at Hotel Solo for weeks at a time when it first opened.

That meant I walked the length of Soi 2 more times then fingers and toes ... and never saw the place.

Had a look at their website ... http://www.theatlantahotelbangkok.com/

WOW ... isn't that a step back into the past.

Mind you ... some lovely retro furniture and fittings.

Echos of an era long having left the NANA area.

Thanks for the heads up ... thumbsup.gif

Lost for words about the Atlanta Hotel, I didn't see that one coming especially here in Thailand.

No, there are a few of those places around. A colleague of mine had family in Bangkok and he and his wife were going to stay in the hotel with them for the weekend. The hotel needed to see their marriage certificate or they couldn't stay. They didn't have and so they didn't stay there.

I don't remember the name of the hotel.

Some year back there was a move to stop sex tourism and not letting 'guests' stay was a bit fashionable at the time. I am guessing it went by the way side by most places though.

Does it still exist? I met the owner about 20 years ago, a farang who was over 70 at the time. I don't remember his name.

Their philosophy as outlined on their homepage is very restrictive, but somehow they must be making money. Anyway, on the hotel's website, it appears that the coffeeshop is populated by single men over 40, which on first sight looks contradictive to their philosophy. I cannot find anything gay unfriendly on their website, or that they would turn down couples that are not married. I defer to other TV forum users' experiences.

But then, most hotels on Sukhumvit Road, or in Thailand for that matter, are gay friendly. Luckily, an old farang's philosophy is not the rule in Thailand.