2013 Thailand Flood Updates - Maps, reports, local updates.

cdnvic

The remains of Typhoon Nari now appears to be tracking farther south than previously estimated.

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/western-pacific/2013/Typhoon-Nari?map=sat

According to the above it is now over the East of Thailand and what is left could well end up over BKK in the not to distant future.

We have had some rain from the tail here in Singburi and will probably get more overnight.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's been raining steadily here in Surin (Amphur Sankha) for around 15 hours, it's eased off at the moment to a gntle drizzle but the sky is still full of rain clouds which seems a fair indication of whats yet to come.

Already the water level in my area has risen by around half a metre so I fear that there is a chance that those areas lower the country down are going to experience an increase in flooding over the next 3 to 4 days.

Indeed sorry to be a Job's comfort and a prophet of doom, perhaps for this post I should change my name to ''Casandra."wai2.gif

Chachoengsao:

The Bangpakong river started to overflow into the town at high tide. 2.75m

I hope the local council has seen this, as some flooding at high tide is imminent.

Here is the full table.

http://www.nemotour.com/gen/hightide/bangprakong.htm

Cannot post the table here; It is an exel spreadsheet.

Edited by stubuzz

Can we trust this government operated data??

http://flood.gistda.or.th/

I looked at it (and screen-copied) last week on October 11. Today it shows that it is this morning 1am data of the flood status but this sh!t hasn't changed a bit (a few pixel different here and there). I can't believe water has not moved even a few 10-20 meters in the last 7 days...

Edited by kheops

On the brighter side here Amphur Sangkh Surin, we've had no rain for the last 24 hours.

However the water level in the fields and the river has dropped which must mean the water is working its way to Bangkok .one presumes that within the next 2-3 days that water will hit Bangkok and sadly the already flooded areas to add more water to the existing level.

Does anyone know if highway 319 to Prachinburi dried yet? Last I heard was that water in Prachinburi is receding. Thanks for any info provide. ^^

I don't know about 319 specifically the south side of the river is still flooded. The Ampur on the north side of the river is now mostly OK except for the Prachantakham road which about 1 km past Tesco Lotus gets bad. Across the river where the govt offices are, still some flooding.

If you want to get into Ampur Muang the best way is 33 from Nakorn Nayok to the roundabout and then take that road in, it's dry all the way.

• Like 1

Is Road 33 open from Saraburi east to Cambodia border (Poipet) passing through Nakhon Nayok, Meung Sa Kaeo and Aranyaptathet?

I need to do a visa run at the end of October.

It keeps changing. A week ago, there was some flooding on 33 but Vans were able to get through (with a think a few detours on rural roads). Then came more rain and Aran and Sakeo flooded again, badly. Things were improving but now we have had this new rain...

I think you'll have to check closer to the date. If this proves to be the last tropical storm of the season then by the end of the month it may be passable all the way to the border.

If not, you might want to consider crossing in Surin instead, being upland that area is quick to drain.

The various bus services that do the visa run should have up to date info on road conditions (but as mentioned, it changes daily).

Does anyone know if highway 319 to Prachinburi dried yet? Last I heard was that water in Prachinburi is receding. Thanks for any info provide. ^^

I don't know about 319 specifically the south side of the river is still flooded. The Ampur on the north side of the river is now mostly OK except for the Prachantakham road which about 1 km past Tesco Lotus gets bad. Across the river where the govt offices are, still some flooding.

If you want to get into Ampur Muang the best way is 33 from Nakorn Nayok to the roundabout and then take that road in, it's dry all the way.

Thanks for the info Sheryl. ^^

I'm flying in from the uk on monday do you think the roads to hua hin will be ok?

I haven't heard anything directly, but the roads to Hua Hin should be OK? If you are taking public transportation, buses and vans are pretty good at getting through water that isn't too deep.

Amphur Muang Chachoengsao:

More water than the 2011 ' Mega Flood'. Areas near the river have flooded at high tide; the water has not receded in the past 12 hours. No obvious signs of local council intervention only a newsleter warning of possible flooding in the next few days.

Not wishing to depress anybodywink.png , but up here in DoiLoi (about 35km S. of Chiang Mai) it's been raining steadily for the last 2 days - nothing torrential, but good steady rain. Might be a good idea to check the level in the Bhumipol dam - if it's full, then there's a mighty lot of water heading South in the next week or two.

Edited by catmac

Not wishing to depress anybodywink.png , but up here in DoiLoi (about 35km S. of Chiang Mai) it's been raining steadily for the last 2 days - nothing torrential, but good steady rain. Might be a good idea to check the level in the Bhumipol dam - if it's full, then there's a mighty lot of water heading South in the next week or two.

That dam is far from full.. not a problem at all.

Heavy rain for hours last night round Korat. Some main roads in and out, and around Korat Town affected.

General increase in rural flood water levels in Mun river flow area. Some villages now flooding.

Phimai town still largely un-affected today, but must be suspected to experience start of flooding soon.

Dry now, but looks like dams have been opened up-hill somewhere.

My house 7km SE of Phimai is now an island, like 2010 !

I've been keeping track of the flood maps at: http://flood.gistda.or.th/ and here are the maps for 5 October:

1391522_705748929452872_701141231_n.jpg

11 October:

1385236_706976172663481_507662767_n.jpg

and 21 October:

1375319_713651535329278_330721710_n.jpg

If you just look at the maps from day to day, you won't see much difference, but over time, you can see how the floods have progressed.

For those of you who don't read Thai, Ayutthaya is at the top of the map and Bangkok is at the bottom.

The CP river at Singburi had been dropping all last week but in the last 2 days has started to rise again.

It was down to around 8.5m and is this morning at 9.7m and looks to be still rising slowly.

Not a problem here but more water for Ayutthaya from a different direction, and of course ultimately BKK.

• Like 1