TrueVisions scam?

pattayarag

Two TrueVisions 'engineers' turned up at a Rag reader's, (RR), house today to collect Truevisions' dish/receiver and RR told them they would have to return his BT2,000 deposit before they could have their equipment.

After much confab in Thai between RR's 'live in ATM abuser', (AA), and the engineers it was explained to RR that the only way for him to get back his deposit was to let them take the equipment and submit papers to that affect to TrueVisions and then Truevisions would refund the deposit directly to his account.

RR explained to AA that there was a good chance he wouldn't get the Bt2,000 once the equipment was gone as Truevisions know that nobody will take them to court for non payment of Bt2,000/-. Regardless, AA handed over the equipment to the Truevisions engineers.

Now the sting.

When AA showed RR the receipt provided by the engineers for the equipment taken, written in Thai on the form were the words:

No wall mount bracket for dish.

When RR asked AA why they hadn't taken the TrueVisions bracket off the wall she explained that the engineer had said it was too old...... Arghhhhhhhhhh TOO OLD, of course it's old, it's been on the <deleted> wall for years.

So now RR's papers will be submitted to Truevisions with the magical 'no bracket' comment which will be all the excuse they need not to refund his deposit..... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There's not really a moral to the story but when Truevisions engineers turn up at your door, don't hand over the decoder until they've taken down the dish bracket. Also, make sure there's no pen written comments on your receipt.

Edited by pattayarag

I had no problem getting my deposit but that was about 8 1/2 years ago when I moved out of the condo I was in

sounds like your mission to cause the workers a bit of grief worked, they have responded in kind

you should have gone with the flow, bided your time, followed the instructions, and then, if not refunded, arc up. You have done things in reverse,

• Like 1

IF and thats IF, you dont get a refund AFTER you have followed the procedure explained THEN you might have cause to complain, but until then you have nothing to shout about, they did their job, and explained to you what you should do, thats all that can be said, no scam in that.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 2

I've had three removed over the past 15 years and always got my deposit back by check a few weeks later. Do you expect the technician to reach in his pocket and hand over 2000baht before he removed the equipment. If you had asked the tech when he was on the ladder taking down the antenna to also remove the bracket whether he wanted it or not, I'm sure that he would have.

• Like 1

I had no problem getting my deposit but that was about 8 1/2 years ago when I moved out of the condo I was in

sounds like your mission to cause the workers a bit of grief worked, they have responded in kind

you should have gone with the flow, bided your time, followed the instructions, and then, if not refunded, arc up. You have done things in reverse,

Yep - he's using the "Ready, FIRE, Aim" methodology. whistling.gif

When my sister packed up and left Thailand she turned her stuff back into true vision. She informed them that she would be leaving the country and to send the check to me. 3 years going and I am still waiting for that check.............

No long after I moved out of my condo into the house the missus and I purchased. Still waiting for that money as well.

True vision is horrible in almost every way. The only thing they have going for them is a monopoly on the market. As my uncle used to say, "if they were on fire., i wouldn't even p!ss on them to put them out"

p.s. we followed their instructions both times. i think next time I will just have a bit of fun throwing a sledge hammer to the equipment. if i am not getting my money back anyway then f'em

Edited by yourauntbob

Whatever problems Truevisions has/had, they are light years ahead of the incompetents at CTH, specifically the area of "what's on ? "

I think CTH should outsource part of their their operation to India, smart programmers and good English.

Whatever problems Truevisions has/had, they are light years ahead of the incompetents at CTH, specifically the area of "what's on ? "

I think CTH should outsource part of their their operation to India, smart programmers and good English.

I will be happy when Truevisions offers DVR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this another true visions scam? On the whole of the last page of last Sunday's Bankok post, there is a huge colour advert for the Disney Channel, Channel 37. Written in large letters it clearly states that this is now available to ALL subscribers. I have a Gold subscription, which when I signed up, 4 months ago, I was told that it would get me All Gold channels. However, I now find that some of the BBC channels which I particularly wanted are GoldA and not part of my subscription. It seems that Gold isn't one down from Platinum at all but has many different addons!! I have 2 boxes but am told it is not possible to have different packages on each one. I thought it depended on which card you had in the box.