Bangkok starts putting sand bags at risk spots as floods loom

webfact

In a recent interview with the Lord of The Springs and The Rain gods the consensus was.

"IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE'

The new uphill gardening scheme has yet to bend the mid-streams and talking to the floods by phone from the UAE is proving as difficult as the messanger ideas seems to dehydrate those with water on the brain.

The one poyai one bottle scheme has suggested theanswer for Water on the brain is a tap on the shoulder.

Regular drinkers are requested to store there overflow until after the floods abate for the antideluvian taking the persistent sample project.

I'm a foreigner. There's nothing I can do except watch and pray. No use getting angry. It's all out of my hands. Lost all my anger after the last flood. That taught me never, ever to expect anything but same old same old. That's just the way it is. It's never going to change.

• Like 1

No worries for the politicians, if Bkk floods again - just think of all the money they can cream-off (again) from the "anti-flood" schemes which will again be very quickly put into action.

It is said a goldfish has a memory limit of 5 seconds, how long a Thai in charge of floods? In true Thai education you have 4 choices: 1 10 seconds. 2. 20 seconds. 3. 30 seconds. 4. 1 day.

Nothing changes............no more floods..........dont worry..........THey just dont learn do they? So they same will happen next year.

What should happen is..........what went wrong, when did it go wrong, why did it go wrong, what could we have done better?

What are we going to do to solve the problem once and for all? This will of course mean that there will be no more floods and no more fluid budgets.

• Like 1

How can this possibly be when Mr. Plod and her highness both assured us that Bangkok would not be flooded...? Banharn had better get his quick fix (seven-day) plan into operation very quickly....!

Bangkok = Sukhimvit/Silom to these Hi-so's...everyone else can get wet. 'Bangkok' was dry in 2011....while the red heartland of Don Muang/Pathum Thani were drowning under 2 m of water for weeks on end. It's no wonder they lost their by-elections!!