Want a panini/sandwich maker

Saan

Anyone know where I can buy one? The flat surface type not the small ones that are jaffle like. I have tried Tesco but they only have the afore mentioned. Any recommendations as to brands available in Chiang Mai would also be appreciated.

check out central in central airport

There is no Central department store at airport plaza. It's Robinson's. Actually, the Central Dept. Store at Central Huay Kaew offers the best selection in Chiang Mai of high end appliances. You can also try Bakersmart and Yok which each offer good selections of appliances both for consumers and restaurants.

• Like 1

check out central in central airport

There is no Central department store at airport plaza. It's Robinson's. Actually, the Central Dept. Store at Central Huay Kaew offers the best selection in Chiang Mai of high end appliances. You can also try Bakersmart and Yok which each offer good selections of appliances both for consumers and restaurants.

yes, i got it wrong!

I am looking for a stove top, non electric model that is simply hinged and has long handles so that you can even use them on open fires. if anyone runs across them, please let me know...........

Ahhhh, you'd be after the old toasted sandwich maker! The were normally made of alumimium and could do 1, 2 or 3 sandwiches at a time. Brilliant to use when camping. Cant say Ive seen them over here yet.

post-179662-0-45412500-1380622041.jpg

Makro have a Cuisinart one. around 7,000 baht. Ours is used daily.

Tonight was no exception. Chorizo, mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes on French village bread. Divine.

It also doubles as a griddle / frying pan.

post-87375-0-24593800-1380643824_thumb.j

Edited by DaamNaam
  • Like 1

I am looking for a stove top, non electric model that is simply hinged and has long handles so that you can even use them on open fires. if anyone runs across them, please let me know...........

Ahhhh, you'd be after the old toasted sandwich maker! The were normally made of alumimium and could do 1, 2 or 3 sandwiches at a time. Brilliant to use when camping. Cant say Ive seen them over here yet.

attachicon.gifSingle TSM.jpg

Yeah CMK.............that's the one and so easy to use and clean and will outlast me. I've been slowly trying my best to escape the 'electric krap appliance trap' and now grind my coffee with a hand cranked grain grinder and other appliances as well that will outlast me.

I have seen a version of the one you posted here years ago with red handles, but I can't remember where it was??

Tonight was no exception. Chorizo, mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes on French village bread. Divine.

attachicon.gifgriddler._V163039101_.jpg

Siam TV had one on the shelf today as well. But 8,500. For memory the Makro one is 1000 baht cheaper. Or it was.

Also have one of these from Central Kad Suen Kaew. Hardly every used as too tired to cook

It's a sandwich. Nothing to cook.

Surely you are joking.

I kid you not.

post-131333-0-09457400-1380882005_thumb.

Also have one of these from Central Kad Suen Kaew. Hardly every used as too tired to cook

Surely you are joking.

• Like 1

Breville do make Panini Press and Grill but I am not sure if they will have it in stock in their Chiang Mai store.

You can find Breville store at JJ Market on Asadathorn Road. The shop is right next to Rim Ping.

or contact Hillkoff (their distributor). I am not sure if I am allowed to give out phone number though.

Siam TV had one on the shelf today as well. But 8,500. For memory the Makro one is 1000 baht cheaper. Or it was.

If you want the electric toaster thing, Breville make one and the Hillcoff shops is selling them (on promotion) at 4k baht. The cut and seal into two triangular toasted sandwiches. Looked good to me, but first I'm going to exhaust my search for a manual thing done over a stove or other fire.

Yeah Bakermart has them. I was just in today... smile.png

Made a wasted journey relying in this post whose position in the thread implied it was referring to the manual non-electric kind. Bakersmart has nothing like that. They have the electric sandwich makers, which of course are available at umpteen other places too.

I kid you not.

attachicon.gif20131004_110137.jpg

Surely you are joking.

555...got it now

If you want the electric toaster thing, Breville make one and the Hillcoff shops is selling them (on promotion) at 4k baht. The cut and seal into two triangular toasted sandwiches. Looked good to me, but first I'm going to exhaust my search for a manual thing done over a stove or other fire.

Those are toasted sandwich makers. Panini makers are a different ball game altogether. We ditched our "Breville" since getting the Cuisinart panini maker. Easier to clean as well.