90-day reporting

phuketsub

Lived in Thailand 12 years and never done a single 90 day. Visa is always renewed in May and always make a trip abroad in April and it's never been an issue - way to go me!!!! Lol

You might be getting away with this now, but sooner or later this will catch up with you, for instance when your local immigration office gets a new boss. Then you will end up paying a fine, no more LOL. Initially my local upcountry immigration office did't pay much attention to the 90 days rule, but from one point on they started enforcing. It might also happen any moment that Immigration officers working at border checkpoints are instructed to pay attention to this.

• Like 2

Lived in Thailand 12 years and never done a single 90 day. Visa is always renewed in May and always make a trip abroad in April and it's never been an issue - way to go me!!!! Lol

You might be getting away with this now, but sooner or later this will catch up with you, for instance when your local immigration office gets a new boss. Then you will end up paying a fine, no more LOL. Initially my local upcountry immigration office did't pay much attention to the 90 days rule, but from one point on they started enforcing. It might also happen any moment that Immigration officers working at border checkpoints are instructed to pay attention to this.

Just noticed on my last Notification that it has a notice (stamped) that the Max fine for late reporting is 5,000 baht.

Just noticed on my last Notification that it has a notice (stamped) that the Max fine for late reporting is 5,000 baht.

This member doesn't report, at all. Would that actually be a 15,000 or 20,000 baht fine because me missed his 90 day reports throughout the year?

Edited by NamKangMan

This member doesn't report, at all. Would that actually be a 15,000 or 20,000 baht fine because me missed his 90 day reports throughout the year?

Try to keep up NKM. Maximum = the most the fine would be. Not the same as overstay. Too be honest I had always been under the impression that even late notification could attract the same 20,000 baht maximum fine as overstaying.

Try to keep up NKM. Maximum = the most the fine would be. Not the same as overstay. Too be honest I had always been under the impression that even late notification could attract the same 20,000 baht maximum fine as overstaying.

As you may know, I'm staying here on a tourist visa, as I'm under 50 years of age, however, the big FIVE ZERO is fast approaching. smile.png

I don't know much about the 1 year retirement visa. I will not start a thread on the visa forum for these simple questions, but maybe you can quickly answer these basic questions for me.

You say it's a maximum 5000 baht fine for reporting late. My question: Is that a 5000 baht fine for each offense? Hence my comment, wouldn't this member be fined 15,000 baht.

My other quick question: If you are stopped by immigration and/or police, and you haven't done your 90 day report, can you be arrested and face deportation (breach of visa regulations) or is the absolute worst that can happen is the 5000 baht fine? Basically, is non-reporting treated as a "late report."

Edited by NamKangMan

Nobody know whether he reported in the past or not, the slip is replaced by a new one, Hence maximum 5,000 Baht fine.

Extension is still valid, so no arrest/deportation, fine only.

Correct.

I meet many long stay guys who have no idea about 90 day reporting and have no problem exiting Thailand without reporting after 90 days. Indeed I myself never knew about it for many years. Only after a publicity drive by Immigration that I found out about reporting, called Notification ( of address in Thailand). It costs nothing to report other than a little time and gas, so I comply to save any future hassle. As a previous poster stated - we never know when the rule will be strictly applied.

@ NKM - easy enough to obtain your retirement visa and thereafter the annual extensions. Just need the money in the bank or proof of income from your home country. 800,000 baht or 65,000 baht/month.

Nobody know whether he reported in the past or not, the slip is replaced by a new one, Hence maximum 5,000 Baht fine.

Cheers.

I'll ask a freind who has a retirement visa to show me his passport. I've never seen one, or "the slip" you mention.

Edited by NamKangMan

Correct.

I meet many long stay guys who have no idea about 90 day reporting and have no problem exiting Thailand without reporting after 90 days. Indeed I myself never knew about it for many years. Only after a publicity drive by Immigration that I found out about reporting, called Notification ( of address in Thailand). It costs nothing to report other than a little time and gas, so I comply to save any future hassle. As a previous poster stated - we never know when the rule will be strictly applied.

@ NKM - easy enough to obtain your retirement visa and thereafter the annual extensions. Just need the money in the bank or proof of income from your home country. 800,000 baht or 65,000 baht/month.

Thanks.

Do you just show up at immigration every 90 days with your passport, or do you need the same paperwork you require to get a "Certificate of Residence?"

Thanks.

Do you just show up at immigration every 90 days with your passport, or do you need the same paperwork you require to get a "Certificate of Residence?"

You need your pasport and completed TM47 form. I supply copies on my passort main page, current status page, and departure card. Some folks say you don't need those copies. I just take them anyway.

You can download the TM47 form ---> http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

You can go 10 days before or 7 days after your renewal date.