90-day reporting

phuketsub

Just a heads up for those among us who have to do the 90-day reporting here in Phuket: You now need to present unsigned copies of your passport face pages (pic and signature) and departure card when doing this.

I don't know why, as all of the relevant data is filled in on the form already and the officer is supposed to check it anyway, but that's the case: more paperwork.

I don't know if this applies to other Immigration offices or just Phuket.

I have always supplied copies of my passport for 90 day reporting - face page, current stamp, departure card. Can't understand why not signed as all these copies must be signed to make valid copies. Must be something I am missing here ??

Interesting; it was a first for me after about six years...and they didn't ask for current stamp. Maybe they want to increase revenue at the 2baht/page copy service downstairs... I won't lose any sleep over it, but for me the goal has always been "get in/get out" as fast as possible, so this one tripped me up a little.

Same thing hapened with me at last 90 day report first time ever, previously some times they just stamped the old 90 report and did not want a new one

Asked the volenteer immagration officers what was going on and they told me the 2 new officers on the front desk requre them and the old

one does not TIT

You have to wonder how many copies do they want of your pasport pages

Edited by nedkellylives

I'm not sure I'd be happy leaving unsigned copies of my passport with anyone here.

It's always better to be safe than sorry, but for me the irritation is more about wasting time, paper and money, albeit just four baht in this case. Whatever happened to the 'paperless society' they were talking about back in the 80s & 90s?

I would like to give an award to whomever programmed ATM machines to ask whether or not users needed a receipt/balance slip after making a transaction. We need more innovation like that, but I really doubt it will come from any organ of this government, that is actually getting away with spending billions of flood control projects that actually increase the likelihood of flooding, to name just one example.

Same thing hapened with me at last 90 day report first time ever, previously some times they just stamped the old 90 report and did not want a new one

Asked the volenteer immagration officers what was going on and they told me the 2 new officers on the front desk requre them and the old

one does not TIT

You have to wonder how many copies do they want of your pasport pages

They stopped stamping the 'old' 90 day paper quite a long time ago, I would guess at least 2 years ago.

As it happens I always prepare the notification on my computer, print it plus the scanned pages of my passport, sign the passport copies, so when the volunteer told me I needed the copies I was already all set. Must admit there has been the odd time the officer asked me to copy every page in my passport (must be a photocopy fee thing) so now I have a copy of every page ready in my bag thumbsup.gif to really piss them off.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I'd be happy leaving unsigned copies of my passport with anyone here.

What good are black and white photo copies of pages in your passport to anyone signed or not

Could be used to support any number of transactions - such as a loan, phone contract, vehicle sale, etc, etc. Not a good idea to hand out signed passport copies to just anyone. But Immigration require signed passport copies - so we must comply sad.png

This passport pages copies requirement is strictly a Phuket thing. I went for my 90 days party in Phangnga today, they don't require it and never did.

For newcomers originating from countries where requirements are uniform all over the country this can be confusing, local officials making up their own rules, or just not knowing the rules. Now this copying thing is trivial, but it can be far more serious, like one Immigration office giving the foreign spouse of somebody holding a 1 year extension also a 1 year extension as a dependent, and another Immigration office not doing this.

Edited by keestha

This passport pages copies requirement is strictly a Phuket thing. I went for my 90 days party in Phangnga today, they don't require it and never did.

For newcomers originating from countries where requirements are uniform all over the country this can be confusing, local officials making up their own rules, or just not knowing the rules. Now this copying thing is trivial, but it can be far more serious, like one Immigration office giving the foreign spouse of somebody holding a 1 year extension also a 1 year extension as a dependent, and another Immigration office not doing this.

"local officials making up their own rules, or just not knowing the rules" - or organising commission with the nearby photocopy shop. :)

If you have retirement visa and stay in Thailand would you have departure card?

Apologize if i got this wrong and this is a stupid question.

Yes Jocko, the departure card is the one usually stapled in by immigration when they remove the entry card you have filled in.

On copies for 90 day in my experience it is not consistent, time before last at Phuket town office no copies required, last time at

Patong office no copies required, but sometimes in the last 6 years copies required and copies not required I don't offer them now

but that does not mean they will not ask. As for copies of passport I strike two lines through them and write copy before I sign them,

not entirely sure if this would stop any fraud from taking place but never had anyone in immigration object.

thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Yes Jocko, the departure card is the one usually stapled in by immigration when they remove the entry card you have filled in.

On copies for 90 day in my experience it is not consistent, time before last at Phuket town office no copies required, last time at

Patong office no copies required, but sometimes in the last 6 years copies required and copies not required I don't offer them now

but that does not mean they will not ask. As for copies of passport I strike two lines through them and write copy before I sign them,

not entirely sure if this would stop any fraud from taking place but never had anyone in immigration object.

thumbsup.gifwai.gif

You strike 2 lines through them and write copy on the COPY of your passport - for what reason exactly?

What good are black and white photo copies of pages in your passport to anyone signed or not

Could be used to support any number of transactions - such as a loan, phone contract, vehicle sale, etc, etc. Not a good idea to hand out signed passport copies to just anyone. But Immigration require signed passport copies - so we must comply sad.png

Signed or unsigned you have to be the person the documents represent, you have your photo in your passport unless you have a identicall twin it should not be a problem, who hands out copies of there passport pages to anyone

Opening new accounts at the bank require them but they copy the copy they already have, they do for me anyway

Immagration already have multipule copies of my passport and photos but they are to lazy to check and cannot use the installed computers

except for a couple of people

thumbsup.gifwai.gif

You strike 2 lines through them and write copy on the COPY of your passport - for what reason exactly?

Common practice here in Asia Phil to ensure it can in no way be construed as original and utilised for a fraudulent

purpose. ( think colour copiers Phil )

The OP states that they require "unsigned" - this is my concern. Because every other copy of my passport I have ever given out to anyone, has the aforementioned two lines through it and a written statement of its intended use and then my signature.

According to the OP, this is no longer acceptable as a way the reduce the risk of miss-use.

Yes and yes.

In most cases it would be an extension of stay based on retirement, not a retirement visa, and a departure card.

• Like 1

Could be used to support any number of transactions - such as a loan, phone contract, vehicle sale, etc, etc. Not a good idea to hand out signed passport copies to just anyone. But Immigration require signed passport copies - so we must comply xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

Signed or unsigned you have to be the person the documents represent, you have your photo in your passport unless you have a identicall twin it should not be a problem, who hands out copies of there passport pages to anyone

Opening new accounts at the bank require them but they copy the copy they already have, they do for me anyway

Immagration already have multipule copies of my passport and photos but they are to lazy to check and cannot use the installed computers

except for a couple of People

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_theft

Here in Korat, when 90 day reporting, you just give your passport with the old 90 day form and they find you on the computer and print off a new form and this and passport handed back to you with a smile. A couple of minutes and all done. This has been happening for over a year so hope it has not changed.

The OP states that they require "unsigned" - this is my concern. Because every other copy of my passport I have ever given out to anyone, has the aforementioned two lines through it and a written statement of its intended use and then my signature.

According to the OP, this is no longer acceptable as a way the reduce the risk of miss-use.

For clarification: I made the copies as requested, then when I handed them over I asked if he had a pen (didn't think I would need to bring one) so I could sign them and he said there was no need to...so I guess having written that "unsigned" copies may have been misleading. I assume he would have accepted them had they been signed, but with this agency one never knows anything for sure.

For clarification: I made the copies as requested, then when I handed them over I asked if he had a pen (didn't think I would need to bring one) so I could sign them and he said there was no need to...so I guess having written that "unsigned" copies may have been misleading. I assume he would have accepted them had they been signed, but with this agency one never knows anything for sure.

Surprising for me last time in was they took my photo.......might have mentioned that already.

Surprising for me last time in was they took my photo.......might have mentioned that already.

Wow..that's discouraging...next thing they'll be asking for medical certificates, maps, and god knows what else..it seems that they only time they ever ease back is after some disaster that threatens tourism