Scams in Phuket

IrishIvan

i kind a stopped going to those places you mention.

as did stop going to Phuket.

while scams happen everywhere, Thailand has a lot more than Phuket when it comes to beach and all...

isolated scams in Phuket?

just think of taxi/transportation....a forever going on scam, right from you set your foot on the island as a tourist.

higher prices for everything in general, while it is just about as any mainland, with road connection, so, no reason to claim extra shipping costs really, in my vocab also a scam, just to point you to a few non isolated things :)

if you like there good for you.

Eastern Europeans, North African French migrants and Nigerians are all fighting for a piece of the Phuket pie.

I shouldn't leave out the usual thug Aussie and English scammer.

Tourist destinations always attract these types wherever it is in the world.

I am sure you are right about all those other places IrishIvan, but I am equally sure those places have sites like TV or maybe even newspapers reporting on these events, just like here. I think many of us have an admittedly very distant dream, that the more these "isolated insidents" are reported, especially abroad, the more the Thai authorities will eventually do to stop it. If not, then at least the reporting will give some future tourists a chance to hear about the "isolated insidents" prior to arriving on Phuket, thereby giving them a chance to avoid becoming victims.

• Like 1

Authorities don't need do anything about Phuket. Its just the usual crime rate that's steady.

Not like a crime wave has suddenly appeared.

"Authorities don't need do anything about Phuket." - and they haven't been, hence "the usual crime rate that's stead" - that is, steadily increasing.