Would you fight for Thailand?

Deserted

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting responses, I started fighting for people's freedom in Viet Nam. Sadly my own government did not have the spine to finish the job. I was 17 when I first went there. I learned at that young age that freedom is what allows people to become what they want. Doesn't matter if they want to be an advanced culture moving into the space age or they just want to be farmers. In the 25 years of my time with the Navy and Marine Corps I went to other places to help people in gaining their freedom.

I am old and worn out but i someone asks me to help gain their freedom, I will still give of myself for them to gain their freedom. Not their government, but the common people. Not the country but the common people in the country.

How they manage their freedom is their choice.

You were brainwashed.Your country fights for nobody except it's own self interest.The Vietnamese were fighting for freedom from the French oppressors and Uncle Ho asked for help from the USA,because you had fought for freedom from the British and French.No such help was supplied so he went and asked the Russians.Invaders will never ever defeat people in their own country,which is still proving correct today,where the US has stuck their nose in.

• Like 1

Interesting responses, I started fighting for people's freedom in Viet Nam. Sadly my own government did not have the spine to finish the job. I was 17 when I first went there. I learned at that young age that freedom is what allows people to become what they want. Doesn't matter if they want to be an advanced culture moving into the space age or they just want to be farmers. In the 25 years of my time with the Navy and Marine Corps I went to other places to help people in gaining their freedom.

I am old and worn out but i someone asks me to help gain their freedom, I will still give of myself for them to gain their freedom. Not their government, but the common people. Not the country but the common people in the country.

You were brainwashed.Your country fights for nobody except it's own self interest.The Vietnamese were fighting for freedom from the French oppressors and Uncle Ho asked for help from the USA,because you had fought for freedom from the British and French.No such help was supplied so he went and asked the Russians.Invaders will never ever defeat people in their own country,which is still proving correct today,where the US has stuck their nose in.

As an Englishman I am very happy the USA ''stuck it's nose in'' or l would not be here...............................thumbsup.gif

Ah ah ha!

US people think they give freedom to people. All they do , instead to pay tax to a dictator they pay tax to a corrupt government set in place by uncle Sam who sell guns, gas, and other crazy things like debts, mortgages..... so people become enslaved by the capitalist system .

Yes this system is set to put you in big shit and thailand is becoming part of it. They all want cars, cellphones and house like in USA.

They think they are free and start to borrow $ to buy house resulting to pay more tax, vat,.... Well the capitalist way...

Thailand is going down if they continue on the same path like these losers in USA&EU.

and let's not forget USA lost bigtime despite overkill in terror and brutality mainly against civilians. vietnam is NOTHING to be proud of. just another dark page in the history of US imperialism. (I'm not saying the Russians were the good guys! but that's another discussion).

• Like 1

As an Englishman I am very happy the USA ''stuck it's nose in'' or l would not be here...............................thumbsup.gif

You would still be here,but maybe speaking a different language.

You would still be here,but maybe speaking a different language.

You miss my point, if no dad, no me.....smile.png

Hmm, considering I can not own land or a house. I have to report my address every 90 days. I have taxation without representation. I can not start a business without jumping through a million hoops. Basically I have none of the rights a citizen does, so therefore, no I would not fight for Thailand. Even if the Thai military needed our help, they would never ask, or allow us too anyway. Let's put it this way. Would a Thai fight for my country? Ha! I think not.

As with most I think, if I had time I'd leave with my family - we are all dual citizens so no worries. If a surprise attack, I would fight to protect my family - its been a long time since I served in any way, but I can still shoot a rifle - just don't ask me to run a marathon!

However, would insurgents from the south be foreign invaders or would it be a civil war (north vs south) with, in your scenario, Malaysia backing the south (like USA did in Vietnam and Korea - still civil wars). In which case staying out would be the best and safest policy for us and our families as foreigners.

I would think in such an event that our embassies would start evacuating us with a battle field treaty of both sides to get foreign civilians out.

Seriously if it came to Thailand needing to ask us for help, then its pretty much all over anyway! It would much more likely be foreign powers that intervene if anything.

How would you protect your family, as a foreigner you can not, legally, own a firearm.

No but my wife and kids can - and I can and would use it in an emergency.

Hmm, considering I can not own land or a house. I have to report my address every 90 days. I have taxation without representation. I can not start a business without jumping through a million hoops. Basically I have none of the rights a citizen does, so therefore, no I would not fight for Thailand. Even if the Thai military needed our help, they would never ask, or allow us too anyway. Let's put it this way. Would a Thai fight for my country? Ha! I think not.

Might be an interesting side anecdote - the only women on the field of flounders during The Great War (WW1) were Thai nurses - sent as part of the Thai contingent against the Central Powers (aka Axis in WW1).

Though it was a whole different world back then and "Siamese" is a distant memory to "Thais".

• Like 1

I know 3 Thais who serve in the British army.I was very surprised indeed.I had never even considered that there were any till I met the first one.I believe they all carry dual nationality.I think all were born of thai parents.The mothers remarried Uk nationals The one I know well is not anything like most other thais I have met and his thai is weak at best.

I would fight with them to protect the nation.

Shame on most of you selfish people not to support the nation that has given/still gives, you so much.

<<< Flame edited out>>>..please tell us what this country gives us ... we will all like to know ... how your mind works on this matter.

Does it give us the right to purchase land , does it give you the right to vote, does it give us rights that Nationals get , does it give us freedom of speech ... are you in noddy land too... for sure.

Thank you for you kind comment. Really appreciated. Your mood of happiness from a week ago seems to have disappeared. I hope you can regain it soon.

Being married to a Thai women still gives me less rights than a soi dog, If Thailand gets invaded then I can always take my family somewhere else. As the Thai's would say "not my problem".

Edited by mike123ca
  • Like 1

Here's a better question to ask... of the Thai government.

"If I sign up and serve in the Thai military, will I be given citizenship for having done so?"

You know the answer don't you.

Yes,

''Did you have a work permit''........''No, hmmmmmmmmmmm, sorry, bugger off''............sad.png

• Like 2

Thank you for you kind comment. Really appreciated. Your mood of happiness from a week ago seems to have disappeared. I hope you can regain it soon.

I am in a good mood. just when I see a comment you made "MOST OF YOU SELFISH PEOPLE" makes me angry. I have seen many people who give up their time to help people in need that is the Thai people. I have seen many give money to feed the poor. I have seen many go out of their way to help people . I have seen many helping children , and helping the older people as well. How do I see this because I am one of those people. We all came here for a better life , and brought our wealth to make it a better life .This wealth we brought helped hundred's of thousands local people , though services , business, shopping , construction, restaurants etc etc . All we ask is to be treated fairly ,we all would love not to report every 3 months , to have same rights as other immigrants have in most other western countries.Even our neighbour Malaysia have a 10 year visa program , would I fight fight this country , the answer is still no. This is not my country ....But if they gave us rights, and made us feel safe from prosecution from government bodies, and a permanent visa so they could not tell you to leave if they did not like the look of you then I would fight

cheers

Please don't mind a dissenting opinion as you you raise your points well, though I find them mis-guided.

We all know what the visa regulations are here - we may not like them, but if we came here and live here not knowing them then we are the only ones to blame if we are not satisfied with our lot.

You write:

to have same rights as other immigrants have in most other western countries

Thailand is NOT a western country, so why bother comparing it or expecting the rules an regulations to be the same?

Thailand is a developing/underdeveloped country with a mindset to match - there's no thought as to why you should be given equal rights to locals, why should you? Because you married a local? Because you buy your groceries at a Thai-owned store?

You then compare Thailand to Malaysia and their 10-year visa . . . well, yes but it is more difficult to obtain this visa than you do yours in Thailand.

I have a renewable work-unrestricted 5-year spouse visa . . . so yes, it is much better. Much, much better than Thailand. I need show no funds in banks, no income etc . . .

But . . . you still can't vote

The problem with my plan to get on the big silver bird out of Thailand before an invasion rather than stay and fight is.... All the flights would be fully booked by Thai politicians, Hi So Thais, their children of military service age and their assorted minor wives.

• Like 2