Darkside hair cut

raro

Just went to my regular haircutter and was greeted by a girl that I never saw there before. I said I like a haircut and she told me that she cannot cut hair. I was a bit puzzled and asked why she sits in a haircut salon and she replied with a giggle. Cute.

Since it's the time of the year that raro needs a haircut, any recommendations for some haircutter on the Darkside that is able to do this in less than an hour? I actually tend to walk out after 30 minutes as I cannot stand this endless snip snip...

Another must-have is warm water for the after cut wash.

Suggestions please...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have a #4, so I'm usually no more that 10 minutes in the chair tops. I go to a lady almost next to the first 7/11 you will see as you turn left at the end of Nern Plabwan. Only charges me 80 baht, but don't expect a hairdressers with marble floors and stainless steel fittings.

Edited by giddyup

I was looking for a haircut, not a CNC machine job.

Raro

does it have to be darkside?

any budget?

Say, the closer to home the better as I don't want to make this an all day affair.

I'm willing to pay up to 500 baht if they know what they're doing.

I do not need 5 shampoos.

Raro

any budget?

Say, the closer to home the better as I don't want to make this an all day affair.

Who pays 500 baht for a haircut in Thailand? I guess there's probably a couple of upmarket places in Central that would be happy to take your money.

Raro head down Soi Nern Perwan until you hit the main cross road, I think one is named Laplay Rd. Anyhow there is a 7/11 on one corner and a Family Mart on the other and a big second hand bike shop on the other. Go past the 7/11, the bike shop, the rice shop and the first door you come to is the barber. He speaks English and does a good job. Bt100. I give him Bt 120 and you are in and out in 20 to 30 minutes.

Raro head down Soi Nern Perwan until you hit the main cross road, I think one is named Laplay Rd. Anyhow there is a 7/11 on one corner and a Family Mart on the other and a big second hand bike shop on the other. Go past the 7/11, the bike shop, the rice shop and the first door you come to is the barber. He speaks English and does a good job. Bt100. I give him Bt 120 and you are in and out in 20 to 30 minutes.

Do you mean Nern Plabwan? I don't know of any "main crossroad" except on Siam Country Club road.

Edited by giddyup

Do you mean Nern Plabwan? I don't know of any "main crossroad" except on Siam Country Club road.

Yes that is the name of the road as you spell it and it is not a main cross road. Try this come down Siam Country Club Rd and turn right at the market there is also a 7/11, Tesco, Tops, Tony's Gym etc. Follow that through to the end about 1klm, turn left at the second hand bike shop and follow my previous instructions above.

Yes that is the name of the road as you spell it and it is not a main cross road. Try this come down Siam Country Club Rd and turn right at the market there is also a 7/11, Tesco, Tops, Tony's Gym etc. Follow that through to the end about 1klm, turn left at the second hand bike shop and follow my previous instructions above.

I know where you mean now, but wouldn't call that a crossroads.

...any recommendations for some haircutter on the Darkside that is able to do this in less than an hour? I actually tend to walk out after 30 minutes as I cannot stand this endless snip snip...

It's strange. I would be delighted to find a hairdresser that takes an hour to cut my hair properly with scissors rather than just make a complete pig's ear of it in 15 minutes with clippers like most Thai hairdressers do.

I go to a place in Soi Buakow where two of the staff do a reasonable job for 70B, though they still use clippers more than I like and scissors less than I like. The other 3 or 4 people who work there are completely useless with or without clippers.

Another must-have is warm water for the after cut wash.

I just have a shower at home.

Edited by KittenKong

• 3 months later...

ok...pretty much three months later I dared to take the advise of a fellow board member that came in by PM.

I went to Big C Extra and at the haircutter upstairs is a young man by the name of Boy who did a pretty good job I must say. Was 300 Baht plus tip and I had plenty of confirmations that I am very handsome now when walking down Soi 7 shortly after.

• Like 2

ok...pretty much three months later I dared to take the advise of a fellow board member that came in by PM.

I went to Big C Extra and at the haircutter upstairs is a young man by the name of Boy who did a pretty good job I must say. Was 300 Baht plus tip and I had plenty of confirmations that I am very handsome now when walking down Soi 7 shortly after.

Wow, the most I've ever paid for a haircut here it 200 and I really thought it was a rip off, no not my hair, that was expected.

Think I've used the same barber at soi buakhow for the last 10+ years, their current rate is 70 for a cut, if you don't' what the sheers, they will use scissors, still same price.

Raro

any budget?

Who pays 500 baht for a haircut in Thailand? I guess there's probably a couple of upmarket places in Central that would be happy to take your money.

with happy ending?

I go on SSCC just over the railway tracks on the right hand side past the first 7-11 and the new motorcycle shop. 100b for a good haircut and shave including nose hairs, eyebrows and the quick arm and finger pulling. Usually in and out fairly fast. Without the shave I think it is 80b

PS: Starting to look like Bob Dylan are we?

PPS: How cute was she?

Edited by Gone

I'd help ya out but jeez, that fretboard in your avatar is worn down. I dunno. Looks like you need to invest in a new guitar before getting a haircut wink.png
That guitar is still in use. Can be seen next in public in Abu Dhabi on February 21st.

Haircut had no happy ending but everything a haircut needs. Including WARM water for the shampoo.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'd help ya out but jeez, that fretboard in your avatar is worn down. I dunno. Looks like you need to invest in a new guitar before getting a haircut wink.png

That guitar is still in use. Can be seen next in public in Abu Dhabi on February 21st.

Haircut had no happy ending but everything a haircut needs. Including WARM water for the shampoo.

Did you wear it out like that? Or is it a "relic". Can't tell for sure but tele?

I love old guitars. Not a big fan of the recent relic look that has caught on some. Sadly, I don't play enough to wear any of my guitars. Fretboards all look perfect.

I go on SSCC just over the railway tracks on the right hand side past the first 7-11 and the new motorcycle shop. 100b for a good haircut and shave including nose hairs, eyebrows and the quick arm and finger pulling. Usually in and out fairly fast. Without the shave I think it is 80b

Do they use scissors or the ubiquitous electric trimmer? I maintain that it is impossible to cut hair properly using only a trimmer, unless you want to look like a refugee from the SAS.

So is one upstairs at Big C Extra at the entrance of the supermarket area? Had my last haircut at Central for a wooping 450 baht but wasnt good at all, did had a shampoo with warm water though.

So is one upstairs at Big C Extra at the entrance of the supermarket area? Had my last haircut at Central for a wooping 450 baht but wasnt good at all, did had a shampoo with warm water though.

i went the other day

Boy is as good as Raro says he is

warm water too....

I have a good ole WAHL clipper, works like a dream, I will give you a Navy Cut , three choices of lenght 3mm/5mm/9mm for the leftover scalp. I will even go over yer neck and ears with the razors, clean up all. Done on my balcony in Jomtien while the breeze is blowing, like my old lady does give me every 2 months, in exchange for a small bottle of Jacks!

Do they use scissors or the ubiquitous electric trimmer? I maintain that it is impossible to cut hair properly using only a trimmer, unless you want to look like a refugee from the SAS.

oblivious to ask, as Thai hairderssers usually do not keep their trimmers and clipper ship shape. After so many of attempts to find a hairdresser with a perfectly maintained, oiled and sharp clipper, I bought myself a WAHL U.S.A. ( in the US, original, watch out for the copies sold everywhere!!) and my old lady or a friend of hers will do me a classic Navy cut.

*** for those who don't like this kind of cut, forget my post. Try to arrange your hair in the tropics in a nice manner. Anything that is longer than 9mm will make you look like Scarecrows. You ever wondered why thet call us bird shit when your whig looks like ?

My hairdresser is in Soi khoatalo, haircut, shave, ears waxed, massage 50 baht, I always give 100 and she is over the moon.

As the OP says haircut on the darkside.

do they have warm water for the shampoo bit?

Did you wear it out like that? Or is it a "relic". Can't tell for sure but tele?

I love old guitars. Not a big fan of the recent relic look that has caught on some. Sadly, I don't play enough to wear any of my guitars. Fretboards all look perfect.

That guy in the avatar ain't me. It's a '53 tele, now count the strings and that should be enough hints ;-)

My hairdresser is in Soi khoatalo, haircut, shave, ears waxed, massage 50 baht, I always give 100 and she is over the moon.

As the OP says haircut on the darkside.

do they have warm water for the shampoo bit?

I did not mention shampoo bit :)

I sometimes ask for a hot towel for the shave bit :)